• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

godly-awker

godly-awker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys, This is my first topic on this forum, but I've been familiar with the mackintosh community for 3 years, and am not afraid to get my hands dirty. With that said, to the problem. I am having trouble signing into iMessage. And believe me I don't like posting stupid, duplicate topics without a reason to do so. I've read every damn topic on the net I could find, tried it, and all of those failed. It always tells me, "Your Apple ID "[My Mail ID]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time". But, my father bought an iPhone 5s a couple of weeks ago, and I used it for a week. My iMessage was signed in on the phone. And around that time, I upgraded to Mavericks. I gave my father the iPhone back 3 days ago, and that's when it started giving me this stupid message. So, after browsing a bit, I heard about NVRam and Clover, and saw that my PC didn't have a UUID. So, I got the necessary tools and applied a UUID to my machine. Yet it didn't work. Also tried a full restore, booting from Chameleon, Chimera, and Clover. Nothing works. The only thing that works is signing into my father's iPhone. And again, logging out of that gives me the message. Yes, I've checked for nvram.[uuid].plist, and everything but the IOPower variables are valid. MLB and ROM are in place. Find MyMac works. I've also created a recovery partition. I would also have tried gdb-ing iMessage, but I'm terrible at that. I, currently, am on 10.9.1(It didn't work on 10.9 also). Also, I didn't use Messages when I used 10.8. Any suggestions would be warmly welcome.

Sainath

Sainath

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Game developer for Apple and intern at Makuta VFX
You have to get your ethernet card working and add builtin to chameleon.
Like if this helped you. Any questions please feel free to ask.

godly-awker

godly-awker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Sorry, but I forgot to mention - I have already EthernetBuiltIn=Yes and I am typing from my mac now, through the Ethernet. As I said, App Store is working (which also requires Ethernet).

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Upload your config, boot and smbios plists and a boot log from each bootloader.

godly-awker

godly-awker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Sorry for being a little late (okay, a lot), I was busy with some homework.

Ok, so I am posting links to the files below.

(i) Clover Config file - Here

(ii) Chameleon SMBios - Here

(iii) org.chameleon.Boot.plist - Here

(iv) Bootlog from Chameleon - Here

(v) Bootlog from Clover - Can't find it

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Use your dad iphone 5s to sign in imessage, then sign out, the error message will be gone.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

You may get Clover's logs from /Library/Logs/CloverEFI or by running the command:

bdmesg > ~/Desktop/cloverlog.txt

Your Clover config is too old and generic, try generating one with Clover Configurator and generate proper SMBIOS info like Product Name, Serial Number and Board Serial Number.

Also add some hardware info to your signature.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

OK, just reread OP and try with my laptop, and I face the same problem: iMessage only works if I login on my iPhone, otherwise it says "Your apple ID can't be used to setup iMessage at this time."

Here is my config.plist generated by CC. BoardSerialNumber is created random by me (CC can't generate it).

EDIT: The temporary solution now is login with iDevices, then login to hackintosh. Then you can log out of iDevices and still keep hackintosh iMessage logged in. Don't log out of iMessage on hackintosh, the error will show up again.

Attached Files

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Curious if you've tried this. Toward the bottom, under "working out the kinks." It was necessary on my QUO motherboard to get Apple ID apps working. In fact I just had to do it again after installing the 10.9.2 beta. Followed the prodecure, restarted, and enabled the account in iMessage settings and all is good.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Curious if you've tried this. Toward the bottom, under "working out the kinks." It was necessary on my QUO motherboard to get Apple ID apps working. In fact I just had to do it again after installing the 10.9.2 beta. Followed the prodecure, restarted, and enabled the account in iMessage settings and all is good.

Where can we get that UUID? I tried using UUID shown on System Information "sudo nvram MyUUID:BaseBoardSerial" but it raises error data was not found.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

I believe that's not the system UUID, but just the name of the key. 

4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=your.base.board.serial.number

Still, I have no idea what that key is supposed to do. AFAIK it doesn't exist on a real Mac, nor on Clover or Chameleon (I might be wrong here, it's been a long time) so it may be useful only for whatever bootloader that Quo mobo uses.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

I believe that's not the system UUID, but just the name of the key. 

4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=your.base.board.serial.number

Still, I have no idea what that key is supposed to do. AFAIK it doesn't exist on a real Mac, nor on Clover or Chameleon (I might be wrong here, it's been a long time) so it may be useful only for whatever bootloader that Quo mobo uses.

I tested and it does not work for me. Maybe I should leave it logged in (after log in iPhone) and forget it.

godly-awker

godly-awker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Well, I don't iMessage on my hackintosh out, but as soon as I log out of iMessage on my dad's iPhone, the error message pops up again. The other fixes, I have yet to try.

*I don't log out of my iMessage on my hackintosh

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

have you tried nvram ( this solved my issues)

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:

have you tried nvram ( this solved my issues)

What boot loader are you using for nvram trick?

godly-awker

godly-awker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Yes, In fact NVRam is fully function. It is built-in in Clover, and FileNVRam.dylib is required for Chameleon. I've tried both.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:

My only hope is just Clover because i'm using only GPT in dual boot with Windows/OS X and Chameleon isn't uEFI capable. (GPT).

What have you done to make Clover work with Messages (iMessage)?

For others adding a credit card @ applied seems to work. I don't have this option.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

My only hope is just Clover because i'm using only GPT in dual boot with Windows/OS X and Chameleon isn't uEFI capable. (GPT).

What have you done to make Clover work with Messages (iMessage)?

For others adding a credit card @ applied seems to work. I don't have this option.

The only solution for me now í logging in idevice imessage then login in hackintosh.

godly-awker

godly-awker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Nor do I have a credit card. No 15 year old has where I live.

And I tried using my father's iDevice yesterday. Din't work :(

Sainath

Sainath

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Game developer for Apple and intern at Makuta VFX
Try
1) delete all nvram files and install it again and reboot
2) make sure Ethernet is shown as en0 not en1(or)2
3) delete a network preference files(google abt the files)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iMessage, fix, clover, mavericks, iCloud, App Store

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy