iMessage partially broke, iCloud & App Store fully

dhruvit23

38 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

This is my first topic on this forum, but I've been familiar with the mackintosh community for 3 years, and am not afraid to get my hands dirty.

With that said, to the problem. I am having trouble signing into iMessage. And believe me I don't like posting stupid, duplicate topics without a reason to do so. I've read every damn topic on the net I could find, tried it, and all of those failed. It always tells me, "Your Apple ID "[My Mail ID]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time". But, my father bought an iPhone 5s a couple of weeks ago, and I used it for a week. My iMessage was signed in on the phone. And around that time, I upgraded to Mavericks. I gave my father the iPhone back 3 days ago, and that's when it started giving me this stupid message. So, after browsing a bit, I heard about NVRam and Clover, and saw that my PC didn't have a UUID. So, I got the necessary tools and applied a UUID to my machine. Yet it didn't work. Also tried a full restore, booting from Chameleon, Chimera, and Clover. Nothing works. The only thing that works is signing into my father's iPhone. And again, logging out of that gives me the message. Yes, I've checked for nvram.[uuid].plist, and everything but the IOPower variables are valid. MLB and ROM are in place. Find MyMac works. I've also created a recovery partition. I would also have tried gdb-ing iMessage, but I'm terrible at that. I, currently, am on 10.9.1(It didn't work on 10.9 also). Also, I didn't use Messages when I used 10.8.

Any suggestions would be warmly welcome.

You may get Clover's logs from /Library/Logs/CloverEFI or by running the command:

bdmesg > ~/Desktop/cloverlog.txt

Your Clover config is too old and generic, try generating one with Clover Configurator and generate proper SMBIOS info like Product Name, Serial Number and Board Serial Number.

Also add some hardware info to your signature.

OK, just reread OP and try with my laptop, and I face the same problem: iMessage only works if I login on my iPhone, otherwise it says "Your apple ID can't be used to setup iMessage at this time."

Here is my config.plist generated by CC. BoardSerialNumber is created random by me (CC can't generate it).

EDIT: The temporary solution now is login with iDevices, then login to hackintosh. Then you can log out of iDevices and still keep hackintosh iMessage logged in. Don't log out of iMessage on hackintosh, the error will show up again.

config.zip

Curious if you've tried this. Toward the bottom, under "working out the kinks." It was necessary on my QUO motherboard to get Apple ID apps working. In fact I just had to do it again after installing the 10.9.2 beta. Followed the prodecure, restarted, and enabled the account in iMessage settings and all is good.

Where can we get that UUID? I tried using UUID shown on System Information "sudo nvram MyUUID:BaseBoardSerial" but it raises error data was not found.

I believe that's not the system UUID, but just the name of the key. 

4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=your.base.board.serial.number

Still, I have no idea what that key is supposed to do. AFAIK it doesn't exist on a real Mac, nor on Clover or Chameleon (I might be wrong here, it's been a long time) so it may be useful only for whatever bootloader that Quo mobo uses.

I believe that's not the system UUID, but just the name of the key. 

4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=your.base.board.serial.number

Still, I have no idea what that key is supposed to do. AFAIK it doesn't exist on a real Mac, nor on Clover or Chameleon (I might be wrong here, it's been a long time) so it may be useful only for whatever bootloader that Quo mobo uses.

I tested and it does not work for me. Maybe I should leave it logged in (after log in iPhone) and forget it.

My only hope is just Clover because i'm using only GPT in dual boot with Windows/OS X and Chameleon isn't uEFI capable. (GPT).

What have you done to make Clover work with Messages (iMessage)?

For others adding a credit card @ applied seems to work. I don't have this option.

My only hope is just Clover because i'm using only GPT in dual boot with Windows/OS X and Chameleon isn't uEFI capable. (GPT).

What have you done to make Clover work with Messages (iMessage)?

For others adding a credit card @ applied seems to work. I don't have this option.

The only solution for me now í logging in idevice imessage then login in hackintosh.

I use clover boot loader but, FaceTime & Messages don't work. Only iCloud & AppStore are workin'.

What am I supposed to do?

Deleted network preferences but had no effect.

Cleaned nvram but don't work

Ethernet is shown as en:0

This happens to me more frequently than I would like. I have found a solution though - changing my Apple ID password. Every time this has allowed me to sign in to iMessage successfully on my hackintosh. It's a real pain though, as I have a lot of devices that then require updating the password on.