Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

Finally I got my Realtek 8139 onboard LAN to work.

The probelm was because of the broken 10.4.8.iso. But I did not want to wait for the new release.

What I did was copying the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext from my old 10.4.6 to the 10.4.8

Then adding a few lines into terminal and that was it.

I had almost given up. So people with Realtek 8139 DON'T give up. There is a way to fix it.

Cheers

Is there any way you can share that info??? I'm looking everywhere and i did not manage to find anything useful...

at least for my desktop....

This Desktop is an AMD Athlon 3500+ with MS-7207 mobo (Nforce 410-Geforce 6100) but i 've added a Realteck 8139...

Thanxs in advance...

PS: If you want, just PM me....

Well, your newly uploaded 1.03 didn't work for the 8169 on my Asrock conroe945g-DVI with 10.4.6 JAS (I first came to this thread about 3 minutes after you posted them!)

For some reason my MAC address was ff:ff:ff:ff:ff and it wouldn't connect with my router even with manual settings.

So I unloaded them and installed ~Neo's 1.02 package, rebooted, opened up Safari and it worked fine.

Phew! Thought i was going to have to dig out that old 8139 NIC in the bottom of my spares box.

I can now stop typing this message on the 26" screen of my Media Centre PC and go back to my new network enabled Hackintosh.

Thanks for all your work on these releases chaps.

All I gotta do now is get my sound working and get hold of a copy of iLife'06!

Edited by martianrobot

~Neo wait for a while, I need to have some testing with guys before releasing the driver. I'll PM you, OK? :whistle:

martianrobot OK, before you loading the driver, type in another terminal window tail -f /var/log/system.log

Then load debug version of the driver and send logs to me.

I have tried of new rifaring the procedure but nothing what I must make just after to have open the folder?

for first cargo the loaddebug, but when I try to load it says me: not such file or directory that it means?

Edited by Punk92

Punk92 the best way for you - wait until Neo makes a new installer.

OK, version 1.04 released, changelog:

- Improved general stability of the driver, single access guaranteed.

- Fixed DHCP bugs, now must works fine everywhere.

- Fixed bug on some MoBo's, while memory mapped registers didn't works.

~Neo wait for a while, I need to have some testing with guys before releasing the driver. I'll PM you, OK? :(

Ooook :)

I will wait and see what happens :thumbsup_anim: PM is good

cYa ~Neo

DaemonES: You haven't had time to look at the register dump I sent you? Have any ideas about the issue I have? What I'm really asking, should I expect that the new version of the driver might solve my problem?? I will give the driver a spin also during the weekend. Cheers!

Edited by tomtefar

gajda ok, this intermediate release 1.03 must solve you problem, see head post. Almost nothing new in this release. Also I'm planing to improve DHCP support.

DeamonES: Ok.I´ll try your driver as soon as possible...thanks

I have installed RealtekR1000.kext from 1.04 package, it works perfectly BUT - I have to install it again on every second boot.

It simply tells me that RealtekR1000.kext is not correctly installed, so I install it again - boot - it works -> until next boot... this happens every time.

I have JaS 10.4.8 (SSE2 SSE3 release - new one) and MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum Edition MB with integrated Realtek 8110S Gigabit Lan.

I have manually installed kext to correct folder (didn't find installer) and have repaired permissions and deleted kextcache every time.

Hi,

I just installed MacOsX jas 10.4.8 on a config that looks like this:

- A64 3500+ AM2

- Asrock AliveXfire (RTL8111B / ALC888)

- Ati X850Pro (R480 core)

My last mac was a sys 7.5.5 one so you cam imagine I'm not in my best shape when it comes to macs.

Anyway, none of my HW was detected so I tried the installation kit ( http://www.installers.dl.am/ ). After reboot my video card got recognised as X800GTO (because of the core) but unfortunatelly I only see 2 vertical lines. :lol: Tried reboot, but same problem. How can I uninstall the drivers (the install proces was 4h long so some help would be great).

Thnx.

Btw, my problem is similar to this one

Edited by Proof

tomtefar to bad, but I couldn't found nothing useful here. It seems, that problem not in power management.

pmalm I don't know exactly whats wrong, but this problem is not problem of driver at all.

Proof this problem not connected with this driver.

Ok, sorry, its just that the installer is 2 in 1 so I though I would post here. I'll do another thread or search for an exsiting one.

The thing that bothers me is that before the install there were a couple of commands which were suppose to reverse the process, it's just that I dont know which one were those...

tomtefar maybe later, when I'll be more skilled in device drivers I can fix this :P

gajda

Graphics chip error! Restarted.
Ooops... It seems, that this is a problem of NIC and graphic driver card interraction. You need to start network driver in the last order, when all driver are started. It seems, that this is not my problem. Apple are luckies, their have several configs, and can support them all well. Edited by DaemonES