Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

DaemonES:

On my AB9 I had to remove your driver from my kext Extensions folder when setting the HDD controller to AHCI (works OK for IDE) and instead load it by the rc.local script.

If I have your driver (the lastest I can find above in this thread) in the Extensions folder and running HDD controller in AHCI mode it just hangs before the login prompt appears, loading it by rc.login solves this.

Furthermore, having the driver in the Extensions folder but running HDD controller in IDE mode allows the login prompt to load but I can't be to quick in pressing a user to type in text because then I get a spinning wheel of death which it never recovers from. If I wait about 15 seconds it's ok and I can log in normally. Haven't tried if this is present when loading by rc.local (but I know I do not have to wait if I don't load the driver at all).

If I run the debug version, were would the logs be written??

This is what I find in system.log when debug version is in Extensions folder on AB9 Pro using AHCI:

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] Link Status: Not Linked

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::R1000InitEventSources()

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::getWorkLoop()

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::newVendorString() const

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::newModelString() const

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::getHardwareAddress(IOEthernetAddress *addr)

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::registerWithPolicyMaker(IOService *policyMaker)

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::setPowerState(unsigned long powerStateOrdinal, IOService *policyMaker)

Jan 6 00:08:42 localhost kernel[0]: [rtl_r1000_nic_ext] RealtekR1000::configureInterface(IONetworkInterface *interface)

then it just hangs on a light-blue screen before the oridnary blue and login screen.

Will try AW9D with ACHI now also.

Post #147 worked for me!!! I thought the original one worked fine for me, but it didn't. My couplter would work for hours and then kernel panic. It would never work overnight. I even underclocked my CPU. I thought it wasn't my processor settings anyways, because I could do a 2 hour mpeg2 render without a problem, ant the thing would panic when it was idle. So after reading on here that people have had kernel panic with the driver on post 1, I thought it would be a good start to try post #147.

No kernel panic since! Woohoo!!!!!

Thanks guys for your input and sorry for jumping to conclusions, but it seems after all that my problem is router-related, and not really ethernet card related. It seems that Linksys WRT54G routers don't like giving DHCP addresses to OSX, so I need to focus there. Unless anyone has any solutions for that? I'll probably split it off to its own thread though.

Thanks again!

hey guys i just downloaded the installer from the site.......

after i installed it it got the following error

"your system need to be turned off hold the shutdown button......" or some thing similar

it appears after sometime the system starts and then the system freezes

its working fine when i uninstall the driver

my mobo is asrock conroe945-dvi

i have jas 10.4.7 dvd

Edited by avenger

thanx daemones just edited the files and got it working ............mine is 1.8 version...................

thanx a lot.............

im so happy finally i got my complete working mac :tomato::D :D

so far no kernel panic....... if its there i will inform

once again thanx a lot

Is v1.02 the latest version of this driver? My system locks up and a message appears prompting for a reboot if left on overnight. Seems a few others are having this issue as well.

Can anyone tell if the driver in post #147 is newer than the v1.02 installer the NeoPhus made?

i got some errors : " unable to allocate pad vm for /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/plugIns/Mach.kext/Mach - (os/kern) no space available"

when i typed " sudo kextload -t RealtekR1000.kext " .

how can i do then? please help me!