• Please log in to reply
870 replies to this topic

rhalls

rhalls

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
wow, thats great. another success story with a Asrock conroe945G DVI - Great Work Guys !!!!!! And thanks for the easy installer - im not a good terminal-man....

jojon

jojon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
What can I sat thank you DaemonES for great work and all the other people that contribute to this project every day.

Take care

Jojon

igorken

igorken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No success at all. I have an ASUS P5RD2-VM motherboard with a gigabit Realtek 8168/8111 onboard. Right after installing OS from JaS 10.4.7 DVD I have no Lan working. In the system profiler I can see a built-in ethernet (type: etnernet hardware: ethernet bsd device name: en0). Network tool doesn't show anything. Ethernet is grayed out in network setting (control panel). Installing the hard way or via installer didn't help at all, though there were no problems installing. Is there any way to enable that damn ethernet?

Thanks in advance

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
jojon thanks.
igorken remove first any prev. instance of RealtekR1000.kext о AppleRealtek8139.kext

sudo -s
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRealtek8139.kext /Users
rm - R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRealtek8139.kext
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext
diskutil repairpermissions /

Doosje

Doosje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Well .. thanks a million dude ..
it works like a charm.

i've connected it to my router but ... didn't get an IP.
then i got to tab 'ethernet' set it to manually .. -> 10baseT half duplex YEAH BABY YEAH i got an IP.

could it be that the autodetect isn't working yet ?

so i;m reporting success on my asus w2jc (Intel ) 8168

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Doosje autonegotiation must works. Maybe your router can't understand size of network packets (now it 1500 bytes). Try manually set to 1 Gb Full duplex.

Doosje

Doosje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
No .. my router surely doesnt understand 1GB connections ^_^

It's fine enough for me DaemonES (it worx) .. or you might want to test something out with my card..
If that's the case ... i'll PM you my messenger data..

igorken

igorken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Still nothing :(((((

jojon thanks.
igorken remove first any prev. instance of RealtekR1000.kext о AppleRealtek8139.kext

sudo -s
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRealtek8139.kext /Users
rm - R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRealtek8139.kext
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext
diskutil repairpermissions /

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Doosje Actually I dont have any Realtek datasheet. All available info I found only in Linux r1000. So at this time I have no any idea, maybe later.

I discovered such an interesting thing: if your remote station is off at the moment of OSX start, operation system might report message that NIC link is absent. And OSX even doesnt want to send any network packet (arp request), since remote machine bombarding OSX by broadcast arps. To solve this, simply try to set link speed manually.

igorken uninstall or unload any prev. instance of driver. Open terminal and type tail -f /var/log/system.log
Open another one and load debug version of driver (sh loaddebug). After that send messages of log window to me.

igorken

igorken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

igorken uninstall or unload any prev. instance of driver. Open terminal and type tail -f /var/log/system.log
Open another one and load debug version of driver (sh loaddebug). After that send messages of log window to me.

Sent it ( DaemonES gmail com)

speedingfreak

speedingfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:photography - PC - Trashing everthing
Works great with a rtl8139 NIC (wired)

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
speedingfreak cool, but for RTL8139 Apple has own driver :censored2: Does autonegotiation work correctly?

igorken I don't know what I must recomend, because in log has no any
line from driver.

igorken

igorken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

speedingfreak cool, but for RTL8139 Apple has own driver :P Does autonegotiation work correctly?

igorken I don't know what I must recomend, because in log has no any
line from driver.

Well, thanks anyway :D I solved this problem by buying an external ethernet card :D

CrAzYNeSs

CrAzYNeSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neo: Thanks for the installer.

DaemonES: Thanks for this driver. I will be testing this out on friday after my build.

Really appreciated the work that you guys put into this. It is ppl like you that advances and open doors to more possiblities. Keep up the great work!

Best Regards,
Jeff

TopazBar

TopazBar

November Rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Neo: Thanks for the installer.

DaemonES: Thanks for this driver. I will be testing this out on friday after my build.
Really appreciated the work that you guys put into this. It is ppl like you that advances and open doors to more possiblities. Keep up the great work!
Best Regards,
Jeff

I want to show my thanks, too.
It has been running rock solid. No panic, no nothing. It just works.

Ted Cox

Ted Cox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I'm having issues. Maybe someone here can help me. My motherboard has a 3com 940 on it, which is unsupported, but I had a Netgear GA311 (RTL8169) laying around so I stuck it in. OSX saw it and assigned it as en0 without the R1000 driver. However, it would not get a DHCP address. (My dhcp server is dnsmasq running on a linux box, so I can actually tail the logs, the machine isn't even requesting an address). If I manually assign an IP and gateway, I can't ping the gateway, nor can the gateway ping the machine. I have a link at both ends and both ends are negotiating 1000mb Full Duplex.

So, I thought maybe the OSX driver doesn't really support my card and installed the R1000 driver. I can use kextstat and see that in fact the system is using the R1000 driver and not the built-in. Furthermore, I can run the R1000 driver in debug mode and see it "working." However, the machine still never requests a dhcp address and static assignment doesn't work.

Card and cable both work fine dual booting into XP. Any ideas?

Doosje

Doosje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Ted Cox have you also tried to set it manually to 100MB ? of 10 ?

Ted Cox

Ted Cox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ted Cox have you also tried to set it manually to 100MB ? of 10 ?

I have. I can see the light change from green to amber on my Netgear GS605 (switch) letting me know that it sees the speed change. But still no love on getting the DHCP request out.

Ted Cox

Ted Cox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok. I take it back. I just booted into windows and now the card can't get an IP there either. So apparently it has nothing to do with OSX.

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Ted Cox it seems, that is only OSX problem.
CrAzYNeSs OSX community has a very small part of programmers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy