Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

speedingfreak cool, but for RTL8139 Apple has own driver :P Does autonegotiation work correctly?

igorken I don't know what I must recomend, because in log has no any

line from driver.

Well, thanks anyway :D I solved this problem by buying an external ethernet card :D

Neo: Thanks for the installer.

DaemonES: Thanks for this driver. I will be testing this out on friday after my build.

Really appreciated the work that you guys put into this. It is ppl like you that advances and open doors to more possiblities. Keep up the great work!

Best Regards,

Jeff

Neo: Thanks for the installer.

DaemonES: Thanks for this driver. I will be testing this out on friday after my build.

Really appreciated the work that you guys put into this. It is ppl like you that advances and open doors to more possiblities. Keep up the great work!

Best Regards,

Jeff

I want to show my thanks, too.

It has been running rock solid. No panic, no nothing. It just works.

I'm having issues. Maybe someone here can help me. My motherboard has a 3com 940 on it, which is unsupported, but I had a Netgear GA311 (RTL8169) laying around so I stuck it in. OSX saw it and assigned it as en0 without the R1000 driver. However, it would not get a DHCP address. (My dhcp server is dnsmasq running on a linux box, so I can actually tail the logs, the machine isn't even requesting an address). If I manually assign an IP and gateway, I can't ping the gateway, nor can the gateway ping the machine. I have a link at both ends and both ends are negotiating 1000mb Full Duplex.

So, I thought maybe the OSX driver doesn't really support my card and installed the R1000 driver. I can use kextstat and see that in fact the system is using the R1000 driver and not the built-in. Furthermore, I can run the R1000 driver in debug mode and see it "working." However, the machine still never requests a dhcp address and static assignment doesn't work.

Card and cable both work fine dual booting into XP. Any ideas?

Ted Cox have you also tried to set it manually to 100MB ? of 10 ?

I have. I can see the light change from green to amber on my Netgear GS605 (switch) letting me know that it sees the speed change. But still no love on getting the DHCP request out.

Hello:

I have a Realtek 8101L and could not make it work, even after removing AppleRealtek8139.kext. I think the problems is that, at least in JaS 10.4.7, there are two copies of the 8139 Extension, one in the Extensions directory and another one inside de IONetworkingFamily.kext. I've tried removing it from inside it, repaired permissions, etc, but something fails and I can't get my system to boot up normally; in fact, I had to reinstall my whole system.

Any ideas? Thanks :D

Hi! Thanks for the awesome driver! now i can finally surf the internet on OSX! :)

However, there seems to be a problem. After almost half an hour or so, the mac will grey out and then ask me to restart my laptop.

btw, i am using asus 6j btw. My network is working fine in Windows.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Hi!

I tried that, now the two extensions are loaded correctly (Realtek1000 and IONetworkingFamily) but still internet not working...under the Networking Preferences panel the Built-In Ethernet is still "greyed" (disabled).

Any other suggestions?

I've found out a file called NetworkingInterfaces.plist and inside it there is a reference to Realtek8139, but not to Realtek1000, could editing something inside that file help?

Hi.All

I have installed your driver on my ASUS A6TC(10.4.7 JAS) notebook vith Realtek 8168.After reboot network runs and everything seems to be OK,but after about 30sec OSX freezed. :D

Thanks for solutions...

10.4.7 JAS

Hi.All

I have installed your driver on my ASUS A6TC(10.4.7 JAS) notebook vith Realtek 8168.After reboot network runs and everything seems to be OK,but after about 30sec OSX freezed. :P

Thanks for solutions...

10.4.7 JAS

That's strange .. it didn't happen to me .. .maybe because i'm on 10.4.8