OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

* * * * * 6 votes xps l702x vostro 3450 inspiron 14r inspiron n4110 osx mavericks yosemite uefi clover custom bios

• Please log in to reply
885 replies to this topic

devandjul

devandjul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

How did you download the OS X Yosemite? The best way is to use a real mac (or a virtual machine) and download the official version via AppStore. And then you use a program like DiskMaker X to burn it to the USB drive.

You should boot your clover USB drive. Did you format it to Fat32? Apparently all you did "wrong" was using the transmac.

Sorry, my fault

I downloaded the wrong .dmg, but I manage to solve it with Transmac using Yosemite by niresh

I skipped the fourth step and nothing happen, I can boot normally to OS X

When I tried using Official Yosemite from App Store, I always get stuck on black screen with apple logo and progress bar

But now I'm facing a new problem, how to make wireless card work?

I've installed Dell Wireless 1702 from DELL SCT OSX Support Package then install airportatheros40.kext using kext utility, but it seems not work for me

sheepster

sheepster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Sorry, my fault
I downloaded the wrong .dmg, but I manage to solve it with Transmac using Yosemite by niresh
I skipped the fourth step and nothing happen, I can boot normally to OS X
When I tried using Official Yosemite from App Store, I always get stuck on black screen with apple logo and progress bar
But now I'm facing a new problem, how to make wireless card work?
I've installed Dell Wireless 1702 from DELL SCT OSX Support Package then install airportatheros40.kext using kext utility, but it seems not work for me

The problem with that distro is that it contains some custom adjustments in order to work with a hackintosh. Some things may not work (like your wifi), mostly because of kext conflict. There is I need for installing new kexts after the package.
I have faced the same problem using the official Yosemite. I managed to instal it using the option Load Video Bios in Clover. Please try and use only the official installer to avoid compatibility issues with our package.

devandjul

devandjul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The problem with that distro is that it contains some custom adjustments in order to work with a hackintosh. Some things may not work (like your wifi), mostly because of kext conflict. There is I need for installing new kexts after the package.
I have faced the same problem using the official Yosemite. I managed to instal it using the option Load Video Bios in Clover. Please try and use only the official installer to avoid compatibility issues with our package.

Finally I can do every steps on the op with official installer

But still no luck with wireless card

I tried using AirToggle for enabling wifi, but it said no hardware installed

Inter95

Inter95

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Finally I can do every steps on the op with official installer

But still no luck with wireless card

I tried using AirToggle for enabling wifi, but it said no hardware installed

make sure you have a compatible wireless card, the card that comes with n4110 isn't supported.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)

Thanks so much for this thread and your hard work getting these models up and running so easily. I have the L702X and it's running really well with your files. Cheers! :)

Just had a couple of questions;  I noticed that the mute key doesn't work for me, although volume up and down work fine, is this a known issue? Also, I was wondering if you would be able to add support for the Broadcom BCM94352HMB Combo (AzureWave CE123H) to your installer? It would make a nice AC card addition and is capable of supporting hand off etc. I've had limited success getting it up and running fully, although this is probably just a gap in my knowledge. I can get it to see the 5GHz band, but bluetooth (and thus Airdrop and Handoff) aren't working...

More info is here http://forum.osxlati...mware-uploader/ and https://github.com/t...rt_kext_enabler

Has anyone else had luck with this card?

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,150 posts

Merry Chrsitmas, everyone. 

Thanks so much for this thread and your hard work getting these models up and running so easily. I have the L702X and it's running really well with your files. Cheers! :)

Just had a couple of questions;  I noticed that the mute key doesn't work for me, although volume up and down work fine, is this a known issue? Also, I was wondering if you would be able to add support for the Broadcom BCM94352HMB Combo (AzureWave CE123H) to your installer? It would make a nice AC card addition and is capable of supporting hand off etc. I've had limited success getting it up and running fully, although this is probably just a gap in my knowledge. I can get it to see the 5GHz band, but bluetooth (and thus Airdrop and Handoff) aren't working...

More info is here http://forum.osxlati...mware-uploader/ and https://github.com/t...rt_kext_enabler

Has anyone else had luck with this card?

Cool, another happy XPS user.

The problem with AW-CE123H card is that it requires firmware uploader for bluetooth to work, which is closed source and doesn't work the same for everyone for reasons unknown.. so I'm not very keen on the idea of including support for this card. On top of that, for 5GHz band to work patches are required which change with every OS release (same as handoff/continuity patches) and this breaks the *update-proof* concept of the package. 

P.S. I have picked up a macbook, which means two things:

1. I may have dedicate less manhours to this project in the future, but I will still be maintaining it because I don't plan to get rid of my Vostro (despite it's many flaws)

2. I will have a descent reference to fine-tune certain things on Tiano platforms as updates progresses. 

Unfortunately, my HDD caddy decided to {censored} up on me when I was reseating the hard drive after transferring data.. and since I'm not willing to dismantle the entire laptop to put the disk as the primary drive, I'm temporary out of business in terms of running OSX on my Vostro. Hopefully new caddy will arrive promptly, though with holidays it might take some time. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xps l702x, vostro 3450, inspiron 14r, inspiron n4110, osx, mavericks, yosemite, uefi, clover, custom bios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy