Bluetooth on Hackintosh

121 posts in this topic

Thanks, really very very good news.

So the keyboard is working without pairing it at all; I mean it's been paired but it is not necessary at boot level.

I think at that level we can consider it working in hid mode..

Have you had any possibilities to test it , on different Operative System..I mean boot linux instead of windows..

It's bad u can't remap the kboard to get the delete button at boot , it would be awesome. :)

Last one just a bit [OT] what do you think about Mighty Mouse is it supposed to work better than a traditional mouse?

To others , it's christmas time so friends don't be too much rude...

Ciao. :P

. . you will need to use hid2hci every Linux boot [there is also an hid2hci.exe for Win32 - installer here] . . . this link is useful firsthand experience. I only use OSX on this box.

You may find this thread [contains the link to the win32 hid2hci installer] useful.

Please post back with your experiences - BTW: *only* revs b4 & earlier of the DBT-120 can be flashed with Apple firmware.

C'mon is just one word, you don't get upset if someone post "hasta la vista baby", or do you?

Au revoir.

I actually tought that 'salam' is a way of greeting between two Islamitic people.We accept "hasta la vista baby" and "au revoir" because almost everyone knows what it means and is neutral. But by saying 'salam' on a neutral forum where we don't talk about religion but about computers crossed the limit a little bit. People with other religions could get influenced or could feel themselves "attacked". I hope you understand that I don't want a religional conflict started on a forum that haves nothing to do with religion.

I hope you understand me macgirl ;)

EDIT: I'm not upset like you maybe think. ;)

. . BTW: *only* revs b4 & earlier of the DBT-120 can be flashed with Apple firmware.

Pretty smart ur clarification, now i got a prob, How Can I recognise the rev? Especially if I'm going to purchase it on ebay?

Thanks in advance.

[Edit] I think the rev4 is like says usb 1.1 , and after rev 4 we are usb2.0..ain't it?

Pretty smart ur clarification, now i got a prob, How Can I recognise the rev? Especially if I'm going to purchase it on ebay?

Thanks in advance.

[Edit] I think the rev4 is like says usb 1.1 , and after rev 4 we are usb2.0..ain't it?

. . revision is printed on the label on the back, as "H/W Version" . . . I *think* the later version of the DBT-120 [certainly the C1 version] are "Bluetooth 2" rather than Bluetooth 1 adaptors.

Actually, I have the very same problem.

I have a Broadcom BCM2045 Bluetooth USB adapter and it works with everything....BUT MY HEADSET. It simply denies to work. It says that the hardware is not compatible.

I think it may be a restriction on the bluetooth Kexts that we should get through....somehow.

Hi, cybermiguel

I have a Broadcom BCM2045 Bluetooth USB adapter too, but it doesn't work on my Leopard.

Do I have to plug this adapter while installing OSX? or it can be plug and play?

• 1 month later...

ok my ds4 is arrived.

it does works with leo 10.5.1

At the moment i'm writing the k/b is working but with few probs

1) it is not allowe to get access at nios level or bootloader

2) after a wake up from sleep the icons shows the keyboard is not connected anymore, after a while it comes back again;

3) some times randomly, ihave to wait more than 30 secs before to be able to write the password in the login windows..

I remember to you that I'm using a normal dongle bluetooth adapter, not the DBT-120.

any suggestions to get an improved experience?

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to report that the newer DBT-122, which is now much cheaper and more common on eBay than the DBT-120, does not support the Apple firmware.

(Gutted!!!!)

Works fine as a normal Bluetooth device in OS X though.

Just want to report that the newer DBT-122, which is now much cheaper and more common on eBay than the DBT-120, does not support the Apple firmware.

(Gutted!!!!)

Sorry to hear that mate but thanks for letting us know.

It would also be great if you could add that info in the Wiki.

Thanks

I actually tought that 'salam' is a way of greeting between two Islamitic people.We accept "hasta la vista baby" and "au revoir" because almost everyone knows what it means and is neutral. But by saying 'salam' on a neutral forum where we don't talk about religion but about computers crossed the limit a little bit. People with other religions could get influenced or could feel themselves "attacked". I hope you understand that I don't want a religional conflict started on a forum that haves nothing to do with religion.

I hope you understand me macgirl :)

EDIT: I'm not upset like you maybe think. ;)

salam,

salam actually means 'peace' and it is not only used by muslims but arab christians and jewish people, they actually say shalom where in arabic sa and in hebrew it becomes sha!!, nearly everybody knows that i think!! so wots the harm in using it!!...it just increases your knowledge..

Well after I got my first hackintosh up and running today, I dug up an old Keyspan BT-2A bluetooth dongle I had, plugged it in, and OS X recognized it! However, I have been unable to pair with anything other than my iMac. An Apple bluetooth keyboard I have will get me to the point where I have to type the code in, but then it always fails. Why would it pair with one device but not another? Do I really have to go spend $30 on a D-Link dongle?

has anyone had bluetooth lockups? i cant tell if its my dongle that is causing it or its the hackintosh or mightymouse.

every once in a while my mouse stops responding and i have to yank the dongle out and back in to get it to start moving again . and sometimes itll cause a major crash when uiresponder locks up and cant be restarted.

sometimes when i yank and out it back my mouse still works but it ets detected as a regular mouse, not a mighty mouse.. kinda wierd.

• 3 weeks later...
..sorry but I need again some info.Any one here can report the bluetooth correctly working during boot?I mean some of u with bluetooth device as keyboard, is able to use that bfore login , at Darwin menu for example? :)
ANYCOM USB-250 USB Adapter
no, BT is only available after some kexts are loaded.So no way to use BT at Darwin prompt.When you are at Login window it works.
Not true mine works at darwin anycom 250
OK, most Bluetooth dongles work on Macs, but the DLink DBT-120 is the only one that works with headsets. Is that correct? Are there any other Bluetooth dongles that work with headsets?
anycom 250 mine also works with Stero headset

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just finished my build yesterday and I am using a Cirago BTA-3210 Bluetooth Adapter. It seems to be working, I can find the Wireless Apple keyboard and mighty mouse in the bluetooth assistant and it acts like it is going to connect but then fails to pair. Any help?

Does anyone know if I can use a bluetooth headset somehow with Skype, MSN, iChat,...?

I did today (Skype specifically). Paired my Jawbone with my hack (10.5.2) - Dell internal bluetooth. Had to specifically set up a new device as a headset - then everything worked fine.

Can send screenshots later if you need them... ;-) Let me know if you have any questions.

-Daniel

I did today (Skype specifically). Paired my Jawbone with my hack (10.5.2) - Dell internal bluetooth. Had to specifically set up a new device as a headset - then everything worked fine.

Can send screenshots later if you need them... ;-) Let me know if you have any questions.

-Daniel

please tell us more ;)

how did you do that?

please tell us more :)

how did you do that?

What would you like to know?

I put the headset in "discoverable" mode - then just did browse devices from the Hackintosh. The Hackintosh found it - but gave me the dreaded "no usable services (something like that)" message. So I used the Bluetooth setup assistant - for setting up a new device and specifically chose "headset" from the list - found the Jawbone (my bluetooth headset) - and paired it. It automatically pushed sound to my headset - and I made a test call with skype to see if it worked. It did - was crystal clear.

Anything more you want to know?

-Daniel

• 1 month later...

I was wondering say i have the bluetooth dongle and the keyboard and mouse will it work when first boot up my pc meaning when i get the welcome video and registartion thanks

bad experience here.

Before I was typing on a white apple wireless keyboard paired with my DBT updated, everything was fine.

Now I receveid a wireless aluminium , but i'm not able to go over the pairing step..!

What's wrong with it? :P

[Edit] SOLVED removed /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist , reboot , repaired every devices and now it's fine :D

Hey everyone,

I bought a cheapo bluetooth adapter from dealextreme here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8713

My hack recognized it immediately. I've been able to sync my Palm with it (too slow to be useful), and I've been able to get music through it on my Samsung SBH500 headset.

However, I've not been successful using it as a headset with Skype. I have two different bluetooth headsets and I did manage to briefly get audio on the Skype test call from one of the headsets, but that's all. It seems to make applications that put out audio (like iTunes) run very slowly or "jerky". When I turn on any headset, I get asked my the Mac if I want to use the headset. I choose yes, then try to use an audio app. I do get an initial "beep" from my headset when the Mac makes the connection, but that's it. Any ideas?