• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

To stop the CUDA prefpane popping up on startup, just delete the /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist file.

Also, if you prefer to use the Apple drivers for any reason, you can replace the libclh.dylib file in /S/L/E/GeforceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ with the one from the web driver (GeforceGLDriverWeb.bundle) and still have working power management.

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I can confirm that CUDA is working with latest nvidia driver and clocks are going down properly.

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Can somebody PM me properly pached APMG kext pls? 

I'm on gtx 650ti.

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Cuda update  6.0.46 is ready to download to compliment the Nvidia 8.27.21 (334.01.01f01) webdriver

maRRRco

maRRRco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Hi guys, I have this problem with an old mobile Geforce 105m.

Mac os natively supports it, but there are no drivers available in nvidia site, so how can I fix it ?

Do I have to add the flag to boot.plist?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts

First you say card is natively supported then you ask "how can I fix it"? Your post is self contradictory.

Let me guess your answer:

The Nvidia drivers are universal but obviously you need to select a card that's available in a "Mac version" to get to the download. Select Geforce GTX 680, then you'll see.

maRRRco

maRRRco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Hello, thanks.

Probably there was a misunderstanding ... I mean my card works properly without a particular kext, or injection, or graphic enabler.

I read somewhere that was really used in old macbook with other name (but same chipset, only down clocked)

Anyway I have this bug too, so I would like to try this driver and I'm happy to hear that is universal.

I'll try later, thank you.

maRRRco

maRRRco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Just a last question, is there a way to come back in case I don't like the new driver ?

Hackmodford

Hackmodford

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

It's just a boot argument. And NVIDIA gives you a menu bar option to go back and forth.

mvd120

mvd120

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I have a quick question for you all. I have been following this topic for a while since 10.9 first came out. Ever since 10.9.4, the webdrivers cause a panic on shutdown or reboot. They worked perfect and fixed powermanagement for my card on all lower versions of OSX. Ever since I updated to 10.9.4 the drivers have been giving me problems. I figured it might be a an isolated incident, so I did a fresh install of OSX and the drivers still panic. The original osx drivers work normally, however the bug is there and the clock sticks. Am I the only one to experience this issue?

Im using a GT 640, and MacPro4,1 Smbios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy