Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hi, i' would like to run ozmosis into a asus P9 x79-e ws modo with a i7 3820 and a gtx 660, i followed instruction, but there is somenthing wrong, i was not able to boot one osx from maverick to sierra, another weird thing, i cant go in verbose mode despite i have -v flag into boot options, here is the bios 

Many thanks 

P9X79-OROMUPDATED-OZO.zip

Hi, I would ask how is ozmosis in High Sierra, and in general if it gets update over time.

I used ozmosis back on Mavericks days (and I were very happy with it) but when I took the r7 260x it had some trouble with ozmosis (black screen on boot) and I switched to Clover.

Now is a while since my last update (I'm stuck with El Capitan on my main hackintosh), and honestly I'm unhappy with Clover: sometime it doesn't do what I choose on config.plist.

It is becoming more and more complicated over time.

The motherboard I'm using is the GA-Z87X-UD4H, that needs only two kext and patched dsdt/ssdt. 

Any advice? 

it seems that ozmosis ignore boot args, i have set user interface, timeout 10 , -v amd npci=2000 but still stuck on [PciConfiguration Begin]
Any hints? 

Thanks 

When you change Defaults.plist you need to reset nvram.

Like that Oz will boot with your new boot args.

Fred

Thank you Fred, but it seems that is useless, as i wrote it seems that bootargs is ignored by Osx 

Hi, I would ask how is ozmosis in High Sierra, and in general if it gets update over time.

I used ozmosis back on Mavericks days (and I were very happy with it) but when I took the r7 260x it had some trouble with ozmosis (black screen on boot) and I switched to Clover.

Now is a while since my last update (I'm stuck with El Capitan on my main hackintosh), and honestly I'm unhappy with Clover: sometime it doesn't do what I choose on config.plist.

The motherboard I'm using is the GA-Z87X-UD4H, that needs only two kext and patched dsdt/ssdt. 

Any advice? 

I have the GA-Z87X-UD5H and would advise you mod your MATS table because your going to have kernel panics. Few pages back I detailed how I was able

to fix that problem on my board and for you should be very similar. Besides that not sure that APFS works at all and you should use HFS+ formated installation.

it seems that ozmosis ignore boot args, i have set user interface, timeout 10 , -v amd npci=2000 but still stuck on [PciConfiguration Begin]

Any hints? 

Thanks 

It seems that you are disabling NvidiaInjection in OzmosisDefaults and using iMac121.1 SMBios, try enabling NvividiaInjection with npci=0x3000 and using MacPro6.1 SMBios with cpus=2 if x2 CPUs, again if no Web driver use Nvda_drv=0 and 1 if Web driver used.  

Any advice? 

Try enabling AtiInjection from Defaults.plist with the FrameBuffer you are trying to use, disable NvividiaInjection from the Defaults.plist but you still have to patch the PEGP Device in the DSDT.

It seems that you are disabling NvidiaInjection in OzmosisDefaults and using iMac121.1 SMBios, try enabling NvividiaInjection with npci=0x3000 and using MacPro6.1 SMBios with cpus=2 if x2 CPUs, again if no Web driver use Nvda_drv=0 and 1 if Web driver used.  

Try enabling AtiInjection from Defaults.plist with the FrameBuffer you are trying to use, disable NvividiaInjection from the Defaults.plist but you still have to patch the PEGP Device in the DSDT.

Thanks, but it happens even if i use macpro6.1 , as far you know, is there some connection with wrong smbios and missing reading of bootargs? 

Many thanks 

Thanks, but it happens even if i use macpro6.1 , as far you know, is there some connection with wrong smbios and missing reading of bootargs? 

Many thanks 

If always black screen, this is because SATA is not recognized, you have to put patched one in the ESP/Oz or try injecting in BIOS IOAHCIBlockstorage injector instead of Injector.kext, then try other things I've said!

If always black screen, this is because SATA is not recognized, you have to put patched one in the ESP/Oz or try injecting in BIOS IOAHCIBlockstorage injector instead of Injector.kext, then try other things I've said!

Let me explain, i have already putted correct ( i think ) smbios into defaults.plist and i have setup bootargs in verbose mode, but, it seems is non recognized by Osx, if i use command+v , start in verbose but it stuck at Pci Confifuration Begin even if add npci=0x3000 or 0x2000 i dont have blank screen, i stuck on apple logo without progress bar, or, with sierra, at forbidden signal 

Edit, what do you mean 2 cpus=2? 

do i have to put cpus=2 into bootargs? 

Add: nvda_drv=0 into that boot args in the OzmosisDefaults.plist

Booting, another info, during boot i saw IOBlueToothHcicontroller not found 

No, same behavior, i have a gtx660 connected via DVI i can try hdmi 

Sorry, forgot to wrote i'm using Yosemite , with sierra i get kernel panic , as i read, suspect MATS table 

This is where stuck

post-840738-0-77105600-1505159695_thumb.jpg

post-840738-0-85161100-1505159707_thumb.jpg

You can try this ROM but use it at your own risk...

Also use a custom Defaults.plist.

P9X79-OROMUPDATED-OZO.rom.zip

I would do it for the same reason as why you would install Ozmosis in the firmware if not for the fact that every new release would require a new flashing because Clover updates are more frequent than Oz.

I don't load Ozmosis from the firmware just because I can. If you load every single required driver from EFI by using bcfg, you will have to do it over again once you do a single NVRAM reset. That sucks and thats also why I'd include it in firmware, given that you want to use Ozmosis.

As far as getting Oz to recognize Sierra and Hi Sierra it would take understanding where on the boot drive and what sector address + phrase Oz is using to verify Yosemite or El Cap or Tiger and replace it with the appropriate keyword for Sierra.

So you would edit Ozmosis.efi according to what you found out during your research?

You can try this ROM but use it at your own risk...

Also use a custom Defaults.plist.

P9X79-OROMUPDATED-OZO.rom.zip

I don't load Ozmosis from the firmware just because I can. If you load every single required driver from EFI by using bcfg, you will have to do it over again once you do a single NVRAM reset. That sucks and thats also why I'd include it in firmware, given that you want to use Ozmosis.

So you would edit Ozmosis.efi according to what you found out during your research?

Well I haven't had the time to study the code and modify it to substitute High Sierra Badge for Yosemite or something but I think it's doable.

As far as loading a bootloader such as Clover from the firmware I'm close to understanding how to do it as far as I have already been able to load the Refind Bootloader from firmware at least inside an OVMF Qemu virtualized environment.

If Oz doesn't come up with an update version soon I'll detail how to do it and release the required efi drivers.

Thanks

Well I haven't had the time to study the code and modify it to substitute High Sierra Badge for Yosemite or something but I think it's doable.

As far as loading a bootloader such as Clover from the firmware I'm close to understanding how to do it as far as I have already been able to load the Refind Bootloader from firmware at least inside an OVMF Qemu virtualized environment.

If Oz doesn't come up with an update version soon I'll detail how to do it and release the required efi drivers.

Thanks

Do you think is possible put clover into bios? 

amazing project! 

If you want a  "dummy" beta tester keep me in your mind, i can try in X79 chipset and Z97 chipset,  

Do you think is possible put clover into bios?

amazing project!

If you want a "dummy" beta tester keep me in your mind, i can try in X79 chipset and Z97 chipset,

Yeah I think it's totally possible. Like I said I already did it with Refind. With Clover It would need to be optimized to fit insides one firmware and a few tweaks to the source code. I'll probably have it going in a couple weeks.

• Like 3

It's something weird with Oz and APFS, i use shell to bcfg add apfs.efi from EFI partition, ad bcfg efi dump looks ok, but it doesen't appear in boot manager and i can't understand why. Startup Disk manager from macOS Sierra, says volume can't be blessed. I tried to bless, still not working. Which may be the problem?

As I understand the reason you guys are loading the AFPS driver with bcfg from shell is because just in case a newer version comes out you dont have to reflash? Also there is an issue with load priority of the driver? I mean does not the driver auto load when inserted into the rom? I thought that it did. Also do we have access to the source code? Maybe alter the depex section if thats the case?

Thanks