ATI AMD Radeon Mobility VideoCard Injector Framebuffer

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,953 posts

Where is the kext ATIRadeonX2000 when booted by Clover?

uzmi

uzmi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Where is the kext ATIRadeonX2000 when booted by Clover?

There are in S/L/E. Using systeminfo, there are not  ATIRadeonX2000 and ATI4800Controller.

And that is why I asked If my config.plist is incorrectly.

kfta.jpg

I try to upload my config.plist but I can not. However, you can find the link in my first post.

Thanks a lot.

PS: I'm going to reinstall Mountain Lion  from scratch so I can check it out and I'll let you the results. Sorry for my bad English.

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Tnx, but there is too many stuff for so many card that i can find what i need. . .so can someone tell my what i need to to to get acceleration on 10.8.3 whit clover . . .i can enter in 10.8.3 whit clover in 1080p res. but its glichy. . .there is no acceleration. . .

osx.jpg

tnx

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,953 posts

Tnx, but there is too many stuff for so many card that i can find what i need. . .so can someone tell my what i need to to to get acceleration on 10.8.3 whit clover . . .i can enter in 10.8.3 whit clover in 1080p res. but its glichy. . .there is no acceleration. . .

tnx

What should I say?

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

What should I say?

HE HE. . .I think i found the problem but no solution, the problem is in OpenGL ( AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver ). . .

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,119 posts

the problem is your AMD cpu. its a known issue that graphics are broke with a patched kernel.

For now its best to hope it gets fixed after 10.9 kernel is working for amd

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

the problem is your AMD cpu. its a known issue that graphics are broke with a patched kernel.

For now its best to hope it gets fixed after 10.9 kernel is working for amd

We'll see, i hope so ;D. . .because whit AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver is not usable at all, if you remove AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver 50/50 you can browse some stuff. . .etc, but any serious work is out of question. .  .

TheTobii

TheTobii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've an problem with my 6850M in my acer aspire 7750G. I patched AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext, but if I try to boot with InjectATI=Yes and LoadVBios=Yes the screen gets black. What should I do and what is the problem?

wrk73

wrk73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I've an problem with my 6850M in my acer aspire 7750G. I patched AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext, but if I try to boot with InjectATI=Yes and LoadVBios=Yes the screen gets black. What should I do and what is the problem?

You have 6850M but why you patch 5000 controller?

It should 6000 controller.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,953 posts

But what you did already? What are the patches?

Pasqualdo

Pasqualdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hello,

I have a mobility 4670 (1002:4988) working with QE/CI in Mountain Lion. Now I installed Mavericks and QE/CI is not working. 

I patched the shrike personality in the original AMD4600 kext and I added the (missing) ATIRadeonX2000 kexts from ML. I use Clover with the following  graphics section

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>DualLink</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>VideoPorts</key>

<integer>2</integer>

<key>FBName</key>

<string>Shrike</string>

<key>LoadVBios</key>

<true/>

<key>CustomEDID</key>

<data>AP///////wBMo0hUAAAAAAASAQOQIxR4Cof1lFdPjCcnUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB9TuAaHE4KkAwICUAYcYQAAAa9TuAaHE4KkAwICUAYcYQAAAaAAAA/gBNMDc3RIAxNjBIVAogAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBCiAgAJs=</data>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>ATI</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</dict>

And the following kexts are loaded ATIRadeonX2000 AMDSupport AMD4600Controller AMDFramebuffer

I have full resolution on the laptop monitor and on the external HDMI (both edid overrides as in ML). But I get the following error

WindowServer[88]: CGXPerformInitialDisplayConfiguration

WindowServer[88]:   Display 0x28d51200: Unit 0; Vendor 0x4ca3 Model 0x5448 S/N 0 Dimensions 13.90 x 7.80; online enabled built-in, Bounds (0,0)[1920 x 1080], Rotation 0, Resolution 1

WindowServer[88]:   Display 0x0b421e81: Unit 1; Vendor 0x4c2d Model 0x87a S/N 0 Dimensions 23.54 x 13.23; online enabled, Bounds (-1920,0)[1920 x 1080], Rotation 0, Resolution 1

ATIR600OCDContext: IOUserClient inputCount count mismatch

WindowServer[88]: initialize_display_context: gl initialization failed - disabling OpenGL

It would be great if someone could suggest something that I could try to solve it...

Thanks in advance

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,953 posts

Are you thinking this is a good idea?

and I added the (missing) ATIRadeonX2000 kexts from ML

My Maverics has own ATIRadeonX2000.kext. Why it is missing in your installation?

What about ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver? Others?

Pasqualdo

Pasqualdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thanks! You saved me!

I report my mistake just in case someone else is doing the same...

While preparing the USB stick for the installations I checked the SLE folder and the ATIRadeonX2000 kext are not there. So I just added the ones from ML. The point is that the Mavericks kext are stored inside the essential package and the installer extracts them later.....

Once again, thanks!

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Slice, I have couple of questions about this. I've been wondering what do you mean that you can make mobility Radeon working, do you mean that you can get it to work completely or just fix resolution or black screen on cards that don't natively work on OS X?

In my case I have HD 7570M (Dev ID 6841), HD4000 is disabled by laptop manufacturer and can't be enabled in BIOS. GPU worked nicely after I installed Mavericks with Clover, resolution was correct, only thing was that the system profilier didn't show QE/CI and for example Safari UI had some flickering.

I tried to patch connectors, only to find out that you cannot get video BIOS from this laptop, GPU-z for example showed unknown in video BIOS, according to GPU-z developer this is because in some laptops video BIOS is in system BIOS as it is in this laptop.

So if according to this thread it is possible to get 7570M working completely with full QE/CI, I thought my options would be:

1. Get 7570M video BIOS from someone else (no luck with techpowerup's Video BIOS Collection) and continue patching the connectors.
2. Replace 7570M by swapping the mobo to model with only HD4000, that's only about 100 € and it's easy to do in this laptop.
3. Buy a new laptop.

Am I trying to do something here that just isn't possible with my 7570M, or would this work if I get a video BIOS from someone else?

Edit:
I found a 7650M BIOS, I wonder if these two have the same connectors?

AMD6841.5 = R476, Vendor ID: 1002 Dev ID: 6841 SubSystem ID: 17F4103C = "AMD Radeon HD 7650M"
AMD6841.6 = R476, Vendor ID: 1002 Dev ID: 6841 SubSystem ID: 1813103C = "AMD Radeon HD 7570M"

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,953 posts

Slice, I have couple of questions about this. I've been wondering what do you mean that you can make mobility Radeon working, do you mean that you can get it to work completely or just fix resolution or black screen on cards that don't natively work on OS X?

Sorry if I promise too many. But I am not a God.

In my case I have HD 7570M (Dev ID 6841), HD4000 is disabled by laptop manufacturer and can't be enabled in BIOS. GPU worked nicely after I installed Mavericks with Clover, resolution was correct, only thing was that the system profilier didn't show QE/CI and for example Safari UI had some flickering.

I tried to patch connectors, only to find out that you cannot get video BIOS from this laptop, GPU-z for example showed unknown in video BIOS, according to GPU-z developer this is because in some laptops video BIOS is in system BIOS as it is in this laptop.

So if according to this thread it is possible to get 7570M working completely with full QE/CI, I thought my options would be:

1. Get 7570M video BIOS from someone else (no luck with techpowerup's Video BIOS Collection) and continue patching the connectors.

The cheapest way. But some efforts required.

2. Replace 7570M by swapping the mobo to model with only HD4000, that's only about 100 € and it's easy to do in this laptop.
3. Buy a new laptop.

Money vs brain.

Am I trying to do something here that just isn't possible with my 7570M, or would this work if I get a video BIOS from someone else?

Edit:
I found a 7650M BIOS, I wonder if these two have the same connectors?

I know?

AMD6841.5 = R476, Vendor ID: 1002 Dev ID: 6841 SubSystem ID: 17F4103C = "AMD Radeon HD 7650M"
AMD6841.6 = R476, Vendor ID: 1002 Dev ID: 6841 SubSystem ID: 1813103C = "AMD Radeon HD 7570M"

I may say that I collect all I know about making Radeon graphics working. Full working. Including some Radeon Mobility.
Sometimes it is hard. Sometimes impossible.
What do you want to ask me? Some digits? Some settings?
Do you want to upload your dumps?

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I just thought if i'm banging my head on the wall by trying to get 7570M working.

Nothing i've tried has enabled QE/CI.

Mu GPU is:

Clover shows it as AMD Radeon HD 7650M. 6841 is native and found in AMD6000Controller kext. Kexts in use are AMD6000Controller, AMDSupport and AMDRadeonX3000.

First I tried what you said here:

Radeon Mobility

I tested Clover's methods with two users having Mobility Radeon HD5470 and HD5650M. We found that full memory and QE/CI will be achieved if we set in Clover's config

LoadVBios=Yes

even thou no file with bios is provided. This is the key to make Radeon Mobility working!

Other problem is bad gradients or artifacts. For this case Clover accept the key

InjectEDID=Yes

and sometimes you also need to inject CustomEDID.

I added LoadVBios=Yes into my config.plist and also checked in Clover it is used, but it didn't enable QE/CI.

On your tests it worked like this on Mobility Radeons?

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Some progress.

If I add the BIOS ROM from 7650M into Clover, and add Inject and LoadVBios into config.plist, then on boot, I get a message about AMD Lombok graphics accelerator right before the screen turns black.

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>LoadVBios</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

Now if I add this, I get the same message but I get a white screen with a grey edges off apple logo visible.

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AMD6000Controller</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AAQAAAQDAAAAAQAAEgQBBQAIAAAEAgAAAAEAABECBAMQAAAAEAAAAAABAAAAAAAC
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AgAAAEAAAAAJAQAAIAEABwAIAAAEAgAAAAEAACEDBAUQAAAAEAAAAAABAAAAAAEB
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

Any ideas what the cause might be, the person I got the code and bios from said the data was correct to patch the video bios, so I assume it works, haven't checked. Or is it because the video bios is from 7650M and I have 7570M.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,788 posts

hi guys   :)

@ Joni_78 (now is Amble   :P )

I wasn't be able to allow QE_CI on my HD 4830 when I wrote data's code like this 

<data>

something_here

</data>

but when I wrote it like that, it worked fine   ^_^

</data>something_here</data>

so, maybe you should write it like that

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AMD6000Controller</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQAAEgQBBQAIAAAEAgAAAAEAABECBAMQAAAAEAAAAAABAAAAAAAC</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AgAAAEAAAAAJAQAAIAEABwAIAAAEAgAAAAEAACEDBAUQAAAAEAAAAAABAAAAAAEB</data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

good luck

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Thx, I'll try that :)

BTW, what format is this

How to convert it to something like this?

<string>020000004000000029050000000000050004000004030000000100001102010100040000000100000009100021030202</string>

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,953 posts

Thx, I'll try that :)

BTW, what format is this

How to convert it to something like this?

<string>020000004000000029050000000000050004000004030000000100001102010100040000000100000009100021030202</string>

Attached File  Property List Editor.app.zip   76.73KB   41 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATI, AMD, Radeon, Mobility, VideoCard, Injector, Framebuffer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy