No one home when I run the Mavericks DP1 installer

17 posts in this topic

Hi.. Have had ago at installing the Dev preview - and have created installer by 3 different methods... The bottom line is that I HAVE to use the netkas IOPCIFamily.kext fix (and with it have to install a modified AppleAPCIPlatform.kext) fo run any installer past the PCI Configuration Start problem... The PCIFalily kext on its own causes kp  with a bunck of stuff in the backtrace that the modded APCIPlatform kext cures

This method worked perfectly for both Lion and Mountain Lion... but with mavericks itnboots fine... until you come to the choose destination screen and it's totally blank (yet I have 8 OSXExtended journalled Volumes and one specifically formatted to take Maverics) There's just nothing there... even after 10 minutes.

I stripped the system fown to just one Disk, One monitor, mouse and keyboard... and still the same. the volumes likewise are nowhere to be seen in the Disk Utility

Anyone else???? - my hunch is it may have to do with the netkas patch... but that's more like a stab in the dark maybe... Very frustration!

Hope someone can help!

Meant to add... I twice tried dual partitioning my 32Gb Kingston DateTraveller 8Gb/23Gb ... This method does show me the second partition... and I can install... up until the last minute when the install fails... the idea was to try het it on here and then transfer it... but alas the failed install is not bootable.. keeps crashing to a black screen and a restart.. neither GraphicsEnabler=n nor PciRoot=1 make any difference at all,,,, dead in the water!!!!

@theconnactic

Been using and always use a GUID scheme throughout,,, OS X always first and Windows only when they arrange snowball fights in hell!
Basically I enen tried onstlatting to a 2Gb disk with 4 partitions... non bootable and the 4th reservved and formatted for Mavericks.

@redneck

Fraid you lost me there... I get to boot... choose language,,, click the agreement screen.. then I am led to the blank menu. No sata options.... All my HD's are connected by sata btw...

Update
======

Just read your post... tried the kext... nothing doing...still nobody home =(

OK  here is what happened at my GUID Install

I restored Maverick 10.9 DMG to a USB with MyHack

It booted , In utilities only Maverick install usb show.

I booted again with another 16g usb (2 usbs ) the second showed up. I installed to the empty GUID 16g usb.

No satas hd are available.

I boot to Maverick usb by selecting (f8)  the drive at MyHack boot. Boot to Maverick USB> do the keyboard , ECT.

Still no Sata HD

I boot to ML and put Moslack kext in the extra folder on Maverick USB.

Still no boot except with MyHack , boot to Maverick USB. Sata HD show up.

I boot to ML , create Image , restore Maverick Image to Primary Sata HD .

Primary Sata HD has 3 partions . Win 8. > ML > Maverick.

After all is running I run MyHack fix . 

Then I run Champlist to set -f -v and change graphics.

" I first tied to install on second Sata 250 hd , only booted with MyHack installer usb."

Hope this helps.

Sorry to say...but no... we think alike!!! I have a 32Gb Kingston DT2 and partitioned it 8Gb/23Gb... tried a fewmethods... MyHack is utterly useless... tried to get it to mount the installESD colume and 15 minutes later it's still spinning... so fork that!!!!

So I deived in and grabbed the Base System and tried to restore that using DU... what a lemon!!! Nothing doing... so used CCC ro restore to the 8GB partition. I replaced IOPCIFamil.kext, AppleAPCIPLatform.kext and added FakeSMC.kext and your Sata fix kext using kext wizard ... all to S/L/E.

I used my existing Extra folder and since I use Chimera as opposed to Chameleon I had to open and save org.chameleon.Boot.plist as com.apple.Boot.plist all on   desktop as Chameleon has a nasty habit of creating its own com.apple.Boot.plist file.. so I blessed the isnall whith chameleon and then just overwrote the entire extra folder (containing only my dsdt/SMBios/2 Boot plists and a Themes Folder...) .

Boots fine... installer works,,, but with tis set up as usual no sign of any of my sata volumes...only the USB partition... soi tried installing to that...Install says around 25 minutes but some 50 minutes later with a minute to go the installer craps out and says it cannot be installed...

Even so I tried booting what I had... and it stars to load then just crashes to black screen and reboots. The GraphicsEnabler0y and PciRoot=1 fixes do absolutely nada...

Just hope someone uploads a CLEAN installed Backup someplace because it doesn't look good from where I'm sitting regards getting it to install..

I had the same problem. Modified IOPCIFamily and blank list.

Replace the AppleAHCIPort.kext with one from Mountain Lion 10.8.4. Il the disk is not recognized add the AHCIPortInjector.

• Like 1

I had no problem with MyHack . did you select install /.

Try single GUID part. j enabled , make sure not extended.

ESD.dmg on desktop.

Then (i think )? double click to mount dmg. > i have to do this to restore.

when selecting place to install >  ./  the place, just a hash.

After boot  as I said no other drive will show unless you put in another 16 g GUID usb

the sata fix kext goes in the extra folder > not s/l/e

Hi Marchrius...  AppleAHCIPort.kext worked like a charm and gives me back my sata drives... HOWEVER... I still have the issue of not being able to install... I get right to the end of the install and then suddenly a message - The installer encounter an issue and cannot install???

Must be almost installed but when I try to boot,,,, it loads kexts and then just restarts,,,,, The GraphicEnabler=n and PciRoot¡1 boot flags make absolutely o difference... My board is an Intel DP43TF

I suspect it may have to do with my Graphics card all the same,,, which works off my DSDT.... without enablers... I might try install again without using a DSDT....

Thanks for the tip`regards the AHCI... one problem solved!

Hi Marchrius...  AppleAHCIPort.kext worked like a charm and gives me back my sata drives... HOWEVER... I still have the issue of not being able to install... I get right to the end of the install and then suddenly a message - The installer encounter an issue and cannot install???

Must be almost installed but when I try to boot,,,, it loads kexts and then just restarts,,,,, The GraphicEnabler=n and PciRoot¡1 boot flags make absolutely o difference... My board is an Intel DP43TF

I suspect it may have to do with my Graphics card all the same,,, which works off my DSDT.... without enablers... I might try install again without using a DSDT....

Thanks for the tip`regards the AHCI... one problem solved!

definetly install OSX without any DSDT, no point booting OSX install using graphic fixes, sound fixes etc....best to boot with minimal configuration then add the extra's later.

• Like 1

Marchrius and Atlee... Thanks a lot guys between you both I got there! =) Not sure why but my ML installation loves my DSDT... Mavericks hates it!!! Stripped it out but had to boot with EHCIAcquire fix...

Bit of a bummer though as I had to bless this volume with Chameleon... and boot it via the F10 options.. can't boot it direct from my chimera as it loads the dsdt in the multiboot setup I'm running...  would be ice just to have one Cham or Chim install for all. Would prefer to have it run on a dsdt than a bunch of kexts if a t all possible,,,

For the record... 

needed to use IOPCIFamily.Kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext (netkas fixes)
without the DSDT... I put back nvidiaenabler.kext and added the EHCIAcquire fix (for keyboard support)
Added Marchrius's AppleAHCIPort.kext overwrite suggestion,,, as it worked for the installer I copied it into the main install too,,,
May need to play around with Audio fixes. Webcam installed out of the box and I have Mic support.. but My Fixed AppleHDA kext that works with the dsdt now does not work...as there is no dsdt!!!
Other than that,,, Ethernet/Gigabit works perfectly!

Guess I can live with this til the GM comes out - by which time I hope we'll have a dsdt forum going for Mavericks...

Cheers!

My mobo is a DP43TF with a non-virtualization (unfortunately for me) Q8200

Marchrius and Atlee... Thanks a lot guys between you both I got there! =) Not sure why but my ML installation loves my DSDT... Mavericks hates it!!! Stripped it out but had to boot with EHCIAcquire fix...

Bit of a bummer though as I had to bless this volume with Chameleon... and boot it via the F10 options.. can't boot it direct from my chimera as it loads the dsdt in the multiboot setup I'm running...  would be ice just to have one Cham or Chim install for all. Would prefer to have it run on a dsdt than a bunch of kexts if a t all possible,,,

For the record... 

needed to use IOPCIFamily.Kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext (netkas fixes)

without the DSDT... I put back nvidiaenabler.kext and added the EHCIAcquire fix (for keyboard support)

Added Marchrius's AppleAHCIPort.kext overwrite suggestion,,, as it worked for the installer I copied it into the main install too,,,

May need to play around with Audio fixes. Webcam installed out of the box and I have Mic support.. but My Fixed AppleHDA kext that works with the dsdt now does not work...as there is no dsdt!!!

Other than that,,, Ethernet/Gigabit works perfectly!

Guess I can live with this til the GM comes out - by which time I hope we'll have a dsdt forum going for Mavericks...

Cheers!

My mobo is a DP43TF with a non-virtualization (unfortunately for me) Q8200

What have you changed in DSDT?

@ Marchrius

Nothing... I just had to remove it totally from the Extra folder to be able to boot Mavericks at all... otherwise it keeps crashing towards the end of loading the kexts... even in safe mode...
My Set up is a bit like this in order of how I'd use them

HD 1: Mountain Lion (DSDT - Master Volume, Chimera 1.1)
HD 2: Snow Leopard
HD 3: Mavericks (No DSDT Cham)
HD  4: Windows 7 x64

Normally I can boot Snow leopard, Windows and Mountain Lion "Out of the box" using Chimera however If I try to load Mavericks from the Chimera Boot it see,s to look at the dsdt and crashes!

So...

I had to bless the Volume on which I am running Mavericks With Cham,,, and remove the dsdt and the DSDT linkage in the Boot.Org file and it booted fine... except I forgot to add the nvidia enabler and EHCIacquire fixes (neither of which I need in Mountain Lion!) for my money its most likely the nvidia GT240. I patched the PCI(0) method in the dsdt and it wiorks perfectly with ML... so baffled as to why Mavericks suddenly doesn't like it!

Hi Marchrios...PANDORA TEAM..

any news about Pandora  2? pandora topic is closed..waiting for pandora beta 2 ...?

c.frio

Hi Marchrios...PANDORA TEAM..

any news about Pandora  2? pandora topic is closed..waiting for pandora beta 2 ...?

c.frio

Pandora ta como pipoca na panela :D pulando pra todo lado, :hysterical: esta pronta, so falta algun detalhe com a licença do software :whistle: , esta semana ya estara na seçao downloads :P

• Like 1

• 7 months later...