My computer specs:

Motherboard: Rampage Formula

Processor: Intel Quad Core Q9650 3.00 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Video Card: ATI 4870 

Network: Marvell Yukon 88E8056

Sound: AD1988B or SupremeFX II 8 CH Audio built in

Hard Drive: 4 HD and 1 Intel SSD 520 240 GB

OS: Windows 7, OS X Snow, Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and Windows 8 via Parallels Desktop, Mavericks DP 7.

Mac OS X are Vanilla installed.

These hardwares made my PC almost an Apple computer, trouble free installation of all versions, Apple updates with no problem, except that I had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext for my sound after every major updates.

Here comes the trouble. After Installing OS X Mavericks without any trouble. I soon realized that my bluetooth wasn't working and I couldn't login to Apple server with my Apple ID, but I quickly fixed the the problem with Apple ID. For bluetooth, I copied IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext from Mountain Lion 10.8.4, and installed them on Mavericks with Kext Utility and rebooted, but it didn't work.

I then restored the original kext from Mavericks, but as I was rebooting I decided to enter "-f" boot flag, and to my amazement my Apple Magic Pad started working (the Apple MP works with bluetooth), but it quickly went off.

I then repeated the whole process again and this time it worked, and I no longer have to enter the boot flag.

That's how I fixed my bluetooth problem, and its working with the original kext. I don't know exactly what happened here, its like the

ML 10.8.4 kext jump started the Mavericks kext. Good luck

Trying this now, going to reboot. Thanks!

**Update***

Nope, still no Bluetooth on my System Preferences Screen

Odd though, it is listed now in System Info under Hardware/USB, but it is not listed in the Hardware/Bluetooth section.

**Another Update**

I gave up on the IOGear USB Dongle, went out to Staples and bought a $30 USB Dongle from Targus. It is the "Targus ACB10USS1" Bluetooth 4.0 dongle (newer version, short casing with black plastic body). To start over from stock KEXT files I did a repair install bringing me back to 10.9 DP1, and that made the new dongle work correctly out of the box. Guess the IOGear will end up on another windows box, and that will be perfectly fine by me. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok here is what happened to me: 

I installed the 10.8.5 update (not combo) - then problems started.

So I decided to install the 10.8.5 combo instead - and still problems.

The last thing I did was to open the 10.8.5 Combo package with Pacifist and installed all bluetooth related frameworks/plugins/kexts.

I also edited my DSDT - some USB mods here and there (Zotac H55-CE Mini ITX board) - which is Nehalem, and changed some device ID's as well.

Removed the Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) for UHC4 (0x001D0003) - someone suggested this somewhere, cause it does not show in IOREG is the reason I think.

Also added UHC7 (which was't there) to Scope (\_GPE) - Method (_L25, 0, NotSerialized)

Device (LPCB) - changed device-id to (0x06, 0x3B, 0x00, 0x00) from (0x18, 0x3A)

And set "ControllerPowerState" to 1 -  like you suggested and this worked well, but once I fiddled

with the check boxes all thing went wrong again until I restarted. :(

But I think I have to create a fresh install with 10.8.5 slipstreamed to see if that might solve the strange

values that shows up.  ^_^

If you set ControllerPowerState to 1, then if you click on the "disable bluetooth" in system preferences, then you have to modify the plist again to 1.

Btw, I just realized the with 10.8.4 only "disable bluetooth" button works, so it can handle the power management with 10.8.4 kext, BUT can't send, receive, or discover any bluetooth devices :(

Oh and a question: is anyone found the option to turn on "Discoverable"? Because I can't find that checkbox anywhere.

• Like 1

Okay so I played with it for 1-2 hours and the situation for me is this:

Using 10.9 original IOBluetoothFamily.kext:

-the bluetooth preferences panel (and/or the bluetooth kext) CAN'T get the device's power state

-the bluetooth preference panel (and/or the bluetooth kext) CAN set the device's power state

-if I click on the "disable bluetooth" button in the bluetooth preferences, it sets the device power state to 0, but because it can't get it's state, the button (and the whole preferences window) not updating to "disabled state" and it remains as the bluetooth would be enabled. So then the button wants to disable an already disabled device, and because of this, I can only enable the device again in the plist file.

But beside this, I CAN pair,connect,browse,receive.

Using 10.8.4 IOBluetoothFamily.kext:

-the bluetooth preferences panel (and/or the bluetooth kext) CAN get the device's power state

-the bluetooth preference panel (and/or the bluetooth kext) CAN set the device's power state

But I CAN'T pair,connect,browse,receive.

So, the problem for me is that the stock 10.9 driver can't get the device's power state. If it could, than it would work perfectly with 10.9 kext. The question is... how we could make it to get the power state of the device... :ninja:

Basically the situation:

10.8.4 kext handles power state correctly, but not the connections

10.9 kext handles connections correctly, but not the power state

:wallbash:

• Like 1

I tried to mix the two kexts and plugins and I got now a kext which works and grays out the "disable bluetooth" option. So you can't accidentally disable it (which would break it, and then you would need to edit plist again). But this still not a good solution... :/ I want it to be able to disable...

Okay... so... I have a CSR chipset bluetooth adapter... I disabled the CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext by removed my device ID from it (it's there by default), I checked that CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext is NOT loaded, and bluetooth file transfer still working with IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransfer.kext loaded... WTF?

How can it work without it's own kext? :|

Okay... so... I have a CSR chipset bluetooth adapter... I disabled the CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext by removed my device ID from it (it's there by default), I checked that CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext is NOT loaded, and bluetooth file transfer still working with IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransfer.kext loaded... WTF?

How can it work without it's own kext? :|

I have my CSR bluetooth dongle as well. And I just messed with it yesterday. Mine works out of the box since CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext has its PID 0x0001 which is a little weird to me. And IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext seems to be essential part of the BT. If you remove IOBTXXXX.kext, USB BT dongle never seems to work.

@p.H: it's working ootb for me too, but if I click on "disable bluetooth", then I can only enable it again with plist editing.

Do you have a BT keyboard or Trackpad? If you connect one of these devices to your BT dongle and add them to favorites in the Bluetooth Preference, you have to reconnect them after a restart. This is the case for me. And it drives me nuts. My laptop (Dell 14R Inspiron) used bcc9's kext to make its internal BT working. And it would not bother me to do this. Don't know whats going on here.

Yes, I use it very rarely but sometimes it's good to be there :P

:D IMO, since you have your BT dongle working, why not go get a magic trackpad and experience the superb multi touch tech :D

I cannot find the Discoverable option anywhere too, all I know it's set in users/xxxx/Library/preferences/ByHost/com.apple.Bluetooth.555....

But saw this though - debug Bluetooth via menubar.

Press: ctrl+option+shift and click bluetooth in the menubar .....

Maybe this will help us out, don't know  :rolleyes:

Or someone has to dissassemble something like "BluetoothUserAgent-Plugin"

or the "IOBluetooth.framework" perhaps?