How to launch ATI-card by DSDT

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

hi ALEX can you help me to inejct ATY image to DSDT pleas??
got this error (syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ',' or '}' and premature End-Of-File) Can you fix this??

thanks in advance

What model do you have and give me IOReg with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsInjector.

Hi
My Ati-personality is not completed, I lack data:

a950.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

MSI Z68MA ED55 / i3 2100 / His Radeon 6850 / Mountain Lion Retail

Thank you

Try this one

Attached Files

uzmi

uzmi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Try this one

It works very well. I´m going to continue with the guide and if a have more questions i will ask you. 

Thanks you so much.

truesoldier

truesoldier

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

What model do you have and give me IOReg with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsInjector.

ASUS HD 6870 DC here http://www.asus.com/...70_DC2DI2S1GD5/

thanks

Attached Files

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

ASUS HD 6870 DC here http://www.asus.com/...70_DC2DI2S1GD5/

thanks

During a compilation this brackets must be empty

Store (Package ()
                            {
                                "@0,AAPL,boot-display", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
 "ATY,bin_image", 
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                    /* 0000 */    0x55, 0xAA, 0x80, 0xE9, 0x35, 0x02, 0x00, 0x69, 
                                    /* 0008 */    0x00, 

Attached Files

truesoldier

truesoldier

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

thanks man you're the best!

blacksheep

blacksheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Got 7870 XT working with QE/CI (without GraphicsEnabler), no white screen, but with default framebuffer. I've tried to inject it in DSDT, but I can't find right place to add GFX0 device. I've added it to PCI0 and it does not work as it should. Card is recognized under NRP4 device, but there no such device in my DSDT.aml. How should I do this right?

Sorry for noobish question - I'm new to this and Google search didn't bring any results.

Now it looks like this:

3166ba0.png

I'll be grateful for any hints.

P.S. I got 7950 and 7870XT to work in 10.7.5 with Sapphire drivers, using Chameleon GraphicsEnabler (whitescreen ofc) and FBrotate.app never worked for me.

Mac Pro 1,1 flashed to 2,1, using 3,1 model identifier in Chameleon 2247.

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

Got 7870 XT working with QE/CI (without GraphicsEnabler), no white screen, but with default framebuffer. I've tried to inject it in DSDT, but I can't find right place to add GFX0 device. I've added it to PCI0 and it does not work as it should. Card is recognized under NRP4 device, but there no such device in my DSDT.aml. How should I do this right?
Sorry for noobish question - I'm new to this and Google search didn't bring any results.
Now it looks like this:

3166ba0.png

I'll be grateful for any hints.

P.S. I got 7950 and 7870XT to work in 10.7.5 with Sapphire drivers, using Chameleon GraphicsEnabler (whitescreen ofc) and FBrotate.app never worked for me.

Mac Pro 1,1 flashed to 2,1, using 3,1 model identifier in Chameleon 2247.

Did your card is able to work without any injection even GraphicsEnabler?
On other words absolutely natively?

blacksheep

blacksheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Did your card is able to work without any injection even GraphicsEnabler?
On other words absolutely natively?

Yes, it works natively without white screen and with full acceleration. When I tried to use DSDT injection, removed GE from chameleon.boot.plist. Screenshot shows that DSTD injection does not work, because card connects itself to this NRP4 device instead of GFX0.

What I want to accomplish is loading proper framebuffer (Hamachi in this case) instead of RadeonFramebuffer. I'd like to see if it will work without white screen. Graphics Enabler=Yes causes white screen, all acceleration works, GE=No works like no injection but without QE/CI.

I'm attaching my DSDT.aml in case if anyone would want to take a look and kindly point me the right direction.

BTW, card is flashed with custom EFI ROM (works perfectly in MP 4,1 in all possible OSes), but it shouldn't matter, I think.

Attached Files

HerrNieschnell

HerrNieschnell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Insane stupidity: I couldn't reinstall MacOS, because the USB device had a defect. Using a new one => working MacOS installation :)

So now I was able to dump my IOReg (at least I hope I did everything right :) )

Is there anything else you need?

Many thanks in advance (again :) )

Attached Files

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

Yes, it works natively without white screen and with full acceleration. When I tried to use DSDT injection, removed GE from chameleon.boot.plist. Screenshot shows that DSTD injection does not work, because card connects itself to this NRP4 device instead of GFX0.

What I want to accomplish is loading proper framebuffer (Hamachi in this case) instead of RadeonFramebuffer. I'd like to see if it will work without white screen. Graphics Enabler=Yes causes white screen, all acceleration works, GE=No works like no injection but without QE/CI.

I'm attaching my DSDT.aml in case if anyone would want to take a look and kindly point me the right direction.

BTW, card is flashed with custom EFI ROM (works perfectly in MP 4,1 in all possible OSes), but it shouldn't matter, I think.

Give me ioreg

Insane stupidity: I couldn't reinstall MacOS, because the USB device had a defect. Using a new one => working MacOS installation :)

So now I was able to dump my IOReg (at least I hope I did everything right :) )

Is there anything else you need?

Many thanks in advance (again :) )

Do IOReg this program http://www.osx86.net...ryexplorer.html

Because text IOreg is not readable.

HerrNieschnell

HerrNieschnell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

New IOReg :)

Attached Files

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

New IOReg :)

Your IOReg shows me that your Graphics is not started up by system.

http://www.insanelym...dsdt/?p=1919952

You told me that DSDT file is untouched. However I see that DSDT was made for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v including Vbios.

Did you achieved any success with GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

Are you sure that DSDT what you gave me is yours?

HerrNieschnell

HerrNieschnell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
The DSDT was made using Windows. I didn't know, that it makes any difference....with graphic enabler yes, my internal display is black.I didn't try the DSDT yet, could it work already, because the graphic card is present? I'll try tomorrow, now I have to get some sleep.after university I'll make a DSDT in Mac OS and try the DSDT.

blacksheep

blacksheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Give me ioreg

Here it is. I attached 2 dumps: running original EFI - 10.6.8 and from 10.9 - DSDT one.

DSDT.aml from previous post is modified to enable sound, ODD SATA ports, cure RTC and sleep bugs. Works OK with 10.7.5 and 10.8.3.

Attached Files

HerrNieschnell

HerrNieschnell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

{censored}, you were right I just checked the DSDT, I accidently uploaded one file from this topic. I had both files on my desktop. So I think I have to make a new one.

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 698 posts

Here it is. I attached 2 dumps: running original EFI - 10.6.8 and from 10.9 - DSDT one.

DSDT.aml from previous post is modified to enable sound, ODD SATA ports, cure RTC and sleep bugs. Works OK with 10.7.5 and 10.8.3.

Your  dsdt is quite correct, but I think the problem is that you use too venerable model of mac MacPro3.1. Try to use something more new such as iMac12,2 and others.

And write about it, works it or not for you.

After check this function called "Display Sleep"

Attached File  msg-974387-0-40061500-1371450616.png   51.97KB   1 downloads

blacksheep

blacksheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Thank you Alex for your help and sorry for late answer, been a bit busy with my daily job. I'll try different model identifier in smbios and I'll report back.

I was thinking about Clover and I wonder if other bootloader would change anything?

Regarding my DSDT: is this GFX0 added correctly? I've copied it from Rampage Dev's AMD 7xxx DSDT Injection file and added straight to PCI0 device.

Other DSDT files I was checking had GFX0 added to one of PEG devices. These were DSDT from hacks, though.

TechGuru

TechGuru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

hey guys i need some help i need a dsdt 7970 injection please i tried to do it my self follow rampage dev but it never goes right or does not work here is my dsdt all errors fixed and my ioreg. i have 6 ports my fb is ikura and my gpu name is Asus HD radeon 7970 

http://www.sendspace...YysciHO6aRy/ggA

back up links ioreg:http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbrqyn

DSDT:http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zpfg2

X58_OSX

X58_OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Drive My Shelby Gt500 2012 and my Ducati 848, OS X on normal PC and Gaming PC

work this for my HD6950 flashed to HD6970? i am a noob in DSDT editing  :D

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Thank you Alex for your help and sorry for late answer, been a bit busy with my daily job. I'll try different model identifier in smbios and I'll report back.

I was thinking about Clover and I wonder if other bootloader would change anything?

Regarding my DSDT: is this GFX0 added correctly? I've copied it from Rampage Dev's AMD 7xxx DSDT Injection file and added straight to PCI0 device.

Other DSDT files I was checking had GFX0 added to one of PEG devices. These were DSDT from hacks, though.

All that matters is the device address. NRP4, PXS1/GFX0 are just labels. Your untouched ioreg dump shows device NRP4@4 and your untouched DSDT doesn't contain a device with address Name (_ADR, 0x00040000). Instead, they are defined in one of your SSDT tables, namely in Pci16118. I would recommend you to use MaciASL if you need a way to see all tables.

The problem now is that you cannot create a device in the DSDT and have a duplicate in your SSDT, it will create a conflict. You can either drop your existing SSDTs and resupply them all again together with a modified Pci16118 with your video properties or - what would be easier I think - to use string injection that will let you keep your original ACPI tables untouched. If it still produces a white screen, replace device-id with ATY,DeviceID. I had more success with the latter option.

You also should give Clover a try. It should be possible to directly boot into EFI mode by blessing cloverx64.efi.

PS: Do you really need the Hamachi framebuffer? Did you notice anything not working with the default framebuffer yet?

Edited by k3nny, 21 June 2013 - 10:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy