2 replies to this topic

bj_dyr

bj_dyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi there,
i am new to the forum but have been lurking for a while... i have a nvidia geforce 8500 gt (512mb) graphics card that i cannot seem to get working fully with mountain lion. ideally i would like to run two monitors, one from the vga port and one from the dvi port using a dvi-hdmi adapter. if i run a dvi cable directly to the monitor it works flawlessly (full resolution with qe/ci enabled) but i get nothing if i use the dvi-hdmi adapter and nothing from the vga port.
note: it does work from the vga port and dvi-hdmi adapter when booting, but the screen goes black and i get 'no input' as soon as osx starts.
graphicsenabler is set to yes
no other graphics kexts have been installed
it was a clean install of mountain lion
my dsdt is attached

system specs are as follows:
motherboard: ga-p35-ds3l
processor: intel q6600 core2 quad 2.4ghz
memory: 4gb ddr2 sdram
graphics card: nvidia geforce 8500 gt (512mb)
80gb ide hdd (osx 10.8)

any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Attached Files

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,015 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...
As far as i remember, back in the days XD,when i had an 8800 gt the only way to make all output ports works was to use efi strings and graphic enabler, dunno if it works the same...

bj_dyr

bj_dyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so i have tried using efi strings and set graphicsenabler=yes but to no avail. i have also tried nvenabler.kext and official nvida drivers for mac as well but cant seem to get it working. i read somewhere that mountain lion does not support the 8500gt but it just seems strange that it works through the dvi port?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia, geforce, 8500, hdmi, dvi, vga, not working, mountian lion, graphics card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy