Finally got OSX to install... Still a few sticking points.

10.6.3 10.6.8 AMD Gigabyte ATI hd5450 ga-880

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

themdla

themdla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well after 3 excruciatingly long days I have finally done it!

I manged to get OSX 10.6.8 installed on my AMD machine but i'm still stuck in a few places...

I am a super noob at this but good with tech work in general. I'm a Programmer/Web Developer/Hardware/Software Support guy by trade.

hardware info:
  • AMD FX4100
  • ATI HD5450
  • Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
So I used ModCD and a retail copy of 10.6.3 with the following flags:

rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel arch=i386 legacy_kernel cpus=1 busratio=17 colors=32 GraphicsEnabler=No

After a successful install I still couldn't get my machine to boot without a few flags:

busratio=17 colors=32 UseKernelCache=No npci=0x2000

Once I finally reached the OS I did the following:
  • Ran the Apple Combo Update for 10.6.8.
  • Before rebooting installed legacy kernel AMD for 10.6.8
  • Ran Mulitbeast 3.10.x and installed all kexts, fixes, and ##### stuff
  • Committed the second set of flags above to my org.chamelon.boot.plist
  • Rebooted
So the machine currently boots and runs but adding the ati5000injector.kext for my HD5450 to my Extras/Extensions folder causes the boot process to stall until it's removed.

It seems to stall at the NvClockX loading process which i'm guessing is some sort of nvidia driver.

Can I remove these drivers or is there a better way to get my ATI card to work?

Can I fix my boot process so I don't have to use so many hardcoded flags to get it to start?

Thanks in advance :)
-Mike

themdla

themdla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Come on guys 47 views and no replies... am I wording or saying some thing wrong?

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family, computers, guns, home theater/audio/video, and remote controlled helicopters.

Come on guys 47 views and no replies... am I wording or saying some thing wrong?

I don't have an answer to your problem, but I think I know where your problem is ....

Ran Mulitbeast 3.10.x and installed all kexts, fixes, and ##### stuff

Have you been banned from tony'ssac yet for mentioning AMD? From what I understand tm's tools do not support AMD, and will not play right with it. I honestly wish I had more for you, but this is one of the reasons I haven't converted my AMD laptop yet, I ma still reading about the proper tools from here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10.6.3, 10.6.8, AMD, Gigabyte, ATI, hd5450, ga-880

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy