[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I looked through the thread and saw pashoni was able to enable QE/CI successfully. I took his kext and installed. Even though I was enabled to enable QE/CI successfully, the screen was all messed up. Also, I was able to see only part of the screen.

img20130521035624.jpg

have anybody tried to run such games as WoW or FlatOut 2? I'm getting annoying glitches that cause less that 5 fps (as i think)

:(

even chess are laggy... e.g., on my previous real white mb with intel gma X3100 (144mb) could run games I've mentioned above good enough... what's the problem with this GPU? it should be more powerful depending on its frequency rate and more RAM... Has anybody got same issues?

let me attach a small screenshot as an example of these bugs

post-781497-0-38368600-1369152188_thumb.png

have anybody tried to run such games as WoW or FlatOut 2? I'm getting annoying glitches that cause <5 fps

even chess are laggy... e.g., on my previous real white mb with intel gma X3100 (144mb) could run games I've mentioned above good enough... what's the problem with this GPU? it should be more powerful depending on its frequency rate and more RAM... Has anybody got same issues?

I have them too. For example, in Minecraft the words have a black background (not trasparent). The X3100 is more powerful when playing Chess than the HD Graphics.

I have them too. For example, in Minecraft the words have a black background (not trasparent). The X3100 is more powerful when playing Chess than the HD Graphics.

according to Wiki, the our fifth gen intel gpu has more execution units, its clock is a bit higher (400MHz->500-766MHz), also it support more DVMT, however the last one depends on the OS (I guess).

Anyway, it should work at least as fast as previous generation intel gpu... tell me if I'm wrong)

So, we need to find out how to run our gpu at full power :help:

have anybody tried to run such games as WoW or FlatOut 2? I'm getting annoying glitches that cause less that 5 fps (as i think)

let me attach a small screenshot as an example of these bugs

I already saw your posts about your fps issues. I downloaded Flat Out 2 on my hackintosh and it runs fine even at 1366x768. I'm not sure what to say.

post-620531-0-90789100-1369189741_thumb.png

post-620531-0-78776600-1369189765_thumb.png

post-620531-0-87206700-1369189784_thumb.png

Maybe something is running in the background that's causing your issue?

according to Wiki, the our fifth gen intel gpu has more execution units, its clock is a bit higher (400MHz->500-766MHz), also it support more DVMT, however the last one depends on the OS (I guess).

Anyway, it should work at least as fast as previous generation intel gpu... tell me if I'm wrong)

So, we need to find out how to run our gpu at full power :help:

AGPM.kext?

That's an interesting thing you pointed out. Any recommendations on tweaks or are the default values normal?

You could properly try the IGP defined values. You should try to set the correct device (GFX0/IGP)

If that isn't working try to set it by deviceid. (see nVidia)

If any help is needed, or you know the device id (vector+device id) I could try to edit it. :)

Let me know what you think. :)

I want to say thanks. Here's working good. Display, audio, sleep. The only 2 things short are VGA and/or HDMI display.

Lenovo Edge 14

i5-540m 2.53

4gb DDR3 1333

256 SSD HD

Have any tutorial with 2nd generation graphics? i've a hd 2000, but i have just a full resolution.... and some apps crash at start :(

The only thing that can be done right now is Full Res hack

You can check the details here on insanelymac or in this

Link

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/05/enable-intel-hd-2000-graphics-on-your.html

Hello Everyone!

I have been trying to get QE working on my brothers laptop for the past few days. I just can not get it working and wanted to seek help. My brother has a Dell Inspiron n5040. I have installed OS X 10.8.3 and with the chimera boot loader. Everything works but the the graphics driver and native resolution. The resolution is at 1024x768, when it should be 1366x768. Another weird thing is that is shows my display as spdisplay_display (As shown in this first picture).

post-1050793-0-40543200-1369358568_thumb.png

I was able to get CI working but when I load QE, I this weird screen.

post-1050793-0-46652100-1369358693_thumb.jpg

I tried to screenshot that screen and I got this, which lets me know that it actually worked, just something is not letting my screen display this correctly(You can tell by the transparent bar at the top).

post-1050793-0-96766200-1369358768_thumb.png

I've read somewhere that it could possibly be that the frame buffer isn't working correctly or that my edid wasn't being injected correctly but I am at a lost.

If someone could help me, me and my brother would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

I am also attaching a dump of my ioreg, it might be useful.

ioreg2.txt

Hello Everyone!

I have been trying to get QE working on my brothers laptop for the past few days. I just can not get it working and wanted to seek help. My brother has a Dell Inspiron n5040. I have installed OS X 10.8.3 and with the chimera boot loader. Everything works but the the graphics driver and native resolution. The resolution is at 1024x768, when it should be 1366x768. Another weird thing is that is shows my display as spdisplay_display (As shown in this first picture).

I tried to screenshot that screen and I got this, which lets me know that it actually worked, just something is not letting my screen display this correctly(You can tell by the transparent bar at the top).

I've read somewhere that it could possibly be that the frame buffer isn't working correctly or that my edid wasn't being injected correctly but I am at a lost.

Thank you!

ioreg2.txt

I've had the similar problem as you're facing.

Review this topic and you will find the solution.

The problem should be in framebuffer kext, so if you patch it by yourself, you'll get it working.

Check out the first post of this topic and try different versions of framebuffers first.

I've had the similar problem as you're facing.

Review this topic and you will find the solution.

The problem should be in framebuffer kext, so if you patch it by yourself, you'll get it working.

Check out the first post of this topic and try different versions of framebuffers first.

I've tried all the SingleLink frame buffers and all the SingleLink+VGA frame buffers. Sadly they all produce the same result. I also tried the first DualLink frame buffer and it gives me a similar result.

I was looking at how to patch the FB but I'm am unsure what to patch. I've dumped my intel_reg_dumper, which I am attaching; like instructed by the text, and it says I have the default port width X1 and the default 1 channel (SingleLink), like the default.

intelreg.txt

What did you change to get yours to work? Any recommendation on what could be causing the issue?

Thank you.

Hello Everyone!

Thank you!

ioreg2.txt

Follow #2 from the "Extras (Optional)" section in my first post. I want to see if this module can patch your VBIOS to your native resolution. If it works, then this tells me that your issue might not be a serious one.

• Like 1

Follow #2 from the "Extras (Optional)" section in my first post. I want to see if this module can patch your VBIOS to your native resolution. If it works, then this tells me that your issue might not be a serious one.

Yay!!!!!

The resolution is fixed now! It worked!! Thank you so much GhostRaider!! I am so relieved!

On to the next step. [:

So this must mean my issue isn't so serious, right?

Should I try to apply the QECI kexts again or what do you think I should do next?

Yay!!!!!

The resolution is fixed now! It worked!! Thank you so much GhostRaider!! I am so relieved!

On to the next step. [:

So this must mean my issue isn't so serious, right?

Should I try to apply the QECI kexts again or what do you think I should do next?

Okay, first delete all Intel HD Graphics kexts. Rebuild cache and restart. Make sure you do have OS X 10.8.3 installed and download the Intel HD Graphics QE/CI ZIP file again.

Now, we need to see if the framebuffer works. Forget about QE/CI. In the zip file, install AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle. Rebuild cache and restart.

Download the attached framebuffer archive below that I patched for you using Vertek's patcher. Inside the archive, there are 3 folders and each folder has a framebuffer kext. Try all three choices to see which one lets you see the desktop clearly. Again check in System Information to confirm that the kext is actually loaded. Tell me the results here.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB10.8.3.zip

Okay, first delete all Intel HD Graphics kexts. Rebuild cache and restart. Make sure you do have OS X 10.8.3 installed and download the Intel HD Graphics QE/CI ZIP file again.

Now, we need to see if the framebuffer works. Forget about QE/CI. In the zip file, install AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle. Rebuild cache and restart.

Download the attached framebuffer archive below that I patched for you using Vertek's patcher. Inside the archive, there are 3 folders and each folder has a framebuffer kext. Try all three choices to see which one lets you see the desktop clearly. Again check in System Information to confirm that the kext is actually loaded. Tell me the results here.

Okay, So I erased all Intel HD kexts, rebuilt cache, and rebooted and it worked perfectly. I then added the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle and the AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle from the QE/CI zip and it booted up fine.

Sadly, when I tried each of the framebuffers in the zip you prepatched for me, they all seemed to give me the same distorted screen I uploaded above (Second Picture in my "Hello Everyone" post above).

Since the screen looked distorted with all three of them, I removed them and checked if any of the other Apple Intel HD kexts where loaded, which were not. I'm am not sure if this is correct since the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext was missing.

Okay, So I erased all Intel HD kexts, rebuilt cache, and rebooted and it worked perfectly. I then added the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle and the AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle from the QE/CI zip and it booted up fine.

Sadly, when I tried each of the framebuffers in the zip you prepatched for me, they all seemed to give me the same distorted screen I uploaded above (Second Picture in my "Hello Everyone" post above).

Since the screen looked distorted with all three of them, I removed them and checked if any of the other Apple Intel HD kexts where loaded, which were not. I'm am not sure if this is correct since the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext was missing.

If that is indeed the Intel reg dump from your computer, then the prepatched kexts should have worked. Is your native resolution really 1366x768? Your case is similar to those that need to use the DualLink frame buffer, but that's not what the dump says. Maybe try using rajulsahukar's framebuffer. (Pg 11)

From the screenshots, I also see you have EDID files. I hope you haven't modified anything that affects your display.

If that is indeed the Intel reg dump from your computer, then the prepatched kexts should have worked. Is your native resolution really 1366x768? Your case is similar to those that need to use the DualLink frame buffer, but that's not what the dump says. Maybe try using rajulsahukar's framebuffer. (Pg 11)

From the screenshots, I also see you have EDID files. I hope you haven't modified anything that affects your display.

I didn't really end up doing anything with the EDID. Before I found this thread, I was reading other threads where people claimed that the EDID needed to be injected so it could work properly. I tried to mess with it but never got to do anything. I have the EDID dumps from two different windows programs. I could upload them to you if you think they'd be useful. [:

I believe that is the native resolution. It's always had that resolution as a Windows machine and I checked a few different places on the web just to be sure. Here is a link of it on NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834200339

Also, just to be safe, I reinstalled OS X 10.8.3 on my brothers laptop so its all clean. I installed it with

#####, installed Chimera boot loader, fixed the 4k boot issue, added the resolution.dylib and the line of code to the chameleon boot options, and added the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle and the natit.kext. I then dumped the ioreg again, just to see if there's any difference between the two.

Here's the new IOReg.

ioregnew.txt

Sadly, rajulsahukar's framebuffer was removed from the website. On the post he said he patched it with options (-d -w 2 -p LVDS). I used those same options to create that same patch.

My screen looked a little better, but not much after I applied that patch. It looks like its split into 2 pieces with a black line in the middle.

post-1050793-0-81695900-1369561887_thumb.jpg

I didn't really end up doing anything with the EDID. Before I found this thread, I was reading other threads where people claimed that the EDID needed to be injected so it could work properly. I tried to mess with it but never got to do anything. I have the EDID dumps from two different windows programs. I could upload them to you if you think they'd be useful. [:

I believe that is the native resolution. It's always had that resolution as a Windows machine and I checked a few different places on the web just to be sure. Here is a link of it on NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834200339

Also, just to be safe, I reinstalled OS X 10.8.3 on my brothers laptop so its all clean. I installed it with

#####, installed Chimera boot loader, fixed the 4k boot issue, added the resolution.dylib and the line of code to the chameleon boot options, and added the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle and the natit.kext. I then dumped the ioreg again, just to see if there's any difference between the two.

Here's the new IOReg.

ioregnew.txt

Sadly, rajulsahukar's framebuffer was removed from the website. On the post he said he patched it with options (-d -w 2 -p LVDS). I used those same options to create that same patch.

My screen looked a little better, but not much after I applied that patch. It looks like its split into 2 pieces with a black line in the middle.

post-1050793-0-81695900-1369561887_thumb.jpg

Any modifications to the DSDT? Mind if you upload it so I can check? The only thing I can think of is that maybe OS X isn't detecting the EDID properly, which would be strange.

Any modifications to the DSDT? Mind if you upload it so I can check? The only thing I can think of is that maybe OS X isn't detecting the EDID properly, which would be strange.

Actually, I am not using a DSDT. This is my second attempt at installing OS X on hardware that isn't by Apple. I've found some kexts that fix most of the issues it has, like wifi, etc, and I've read in a few places that a DSDT was required. Do you think I need one, and if so, would you point me in the right direction?

I've read that in a few places. That why I was looking into EDID. Do you know how to check if OS X is picking up EDID correctly? [:

I already saw your posts about your fps issues. I downloaded Flat Out 2 on my hackintosh and it runs fine even at 1366x768. I'm not sure what to say.

post-620531-0-90789100-1369189741_thumb.png

post-620531-0-78776600-1369189765_thumb.png

post-620531-0-87206700-1369189784_thumb.png

Maybe something is running in the background that's causing your issue?

nothing runs in background. Can you attach your dsdt? Have you got sleep working? Maybe, you have some Device Properties strings? What's your bootloader? what's your intel HD devID and Rev?.... I've got lots of questions :)