[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I compared both the 10.10.3 frame buffer and 10.11 frame buffer and its a strange problem. Most of the patches still work except for SingleLink 1. According to the binaries:

6gWsSJr.png

In Yosemite, it has this pattern:

C7 07 01 00 00 00 41 C7 47 20

In El Capitan it has this pattern:

C7 07 00 00 00 00 48 C7 47 08

In Yosemite we used this to patch SingleLink 1:

C7 07 00 00 00 00 41 C7 47 20

Both these codes are very similar with minor differences. However, replacing the El Capitan code with the Yosemite SingleLink 1 patch code using a debugged patcher results in no difference. 

I'm not really sure what needs to patched since most of the binary codes are exactly the same with Singlelink 1 as the only different. Strange problem.

If you patch everything else but the SingleLink 1 you get this screen. If you patch SingleLink 1 with the Yosemite patch, you get the exact same screen:

XYE695Kl.jpg

For now its best to use an older frame buffer. Either it gets fixed in later developer preview or it stays the same.

• Like 1

just find out that the problem with the patch on el capitan is tha single link patch 1. the others patches normally. if this one gets fixed, el capitan will have full support without rollback.

i told you about the patch :) lets wait...

I compared both the 10.10.3 frame buffer and 10.11 frame buffer and its a strange problem. Most of the patches still work except for SingleLink 1. According to the binaries:

6gWsSJr.png

In Yosemite, it has this pattern:

C7 07 01 00 00 00 41 C7 47 20

In El Capitan it has this pattern:

C7 07 00 00 00 00 48 C7 47 08

In Yosemite we used this to patch SingleLink 1:

C7 07 00 00 00 00 41 C7 47 20

Both these codes are very similar with minor differences. However, replacing the El Capitan code with the Yosemite SingleLink 1 patch code using a debugged patcher results in no difference. 

I'm not really sure what needs to patched since most of the binary codes are exactly the same with Singlelink 1 as the only different. Strange problem.

If you patch everything else but the SingleLink 1 you get this screen. If you patch SingleLink 1 with the Yosemite patch, you get the exact same screen:

XYE695Kl.jpg

For now its best to use an older frame buffer. Either it gets fixed in later developer preview or it stays the same.

i told you about the patch :) lets wait...

Well if there is a fix. Either way you can still enjoy El Capitan and future OS X versions, just that the frame buffer will be older. Apple can update the other Intel HD kexts and will not break support. Performance and QE/CI usually comes from the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext itself. The frame buffer does nothing but display a screen. Someone will need to contact Giofrida so an investigation can begin. Seems to me he knows better on how to handle this type of situation.

• Like 1

Well if there is a fix. Someone will need to contact Giofrida so an investigation can begin. Seems to me he knows better on how to handle this type of situation.

we will need a new version of the patcher  ;) if FB stays like that.

ill play with the fb, but i know too little... 

we will need a new version of the patcher  ;) if FB stays like that.

ill play with the fb, but i know to little... 

It's always good to expand your knowledge  :)

If you want to investigate, you will need HexFiend.

Basically the binary codes are stored in the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB execution file in MacOS folder. You can open this file using HexFiend.

You would need to look at the guide since I talk about what binary codes are patched. When you find the codes in the execution file you can compare how they differ from the yosemite fb. You will find that they are exactly the same, but with SingleLink 1 as the only different. 

You can highlight the numbers and then replace the value to what you want.

• Like 1

It's always good to expand your knowledge  :)

If you want to investigate, you will need HexFiend.

Basically the binary codes are stored in the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB execution file in MacOS folder. You can open this file using HexFiend.

You would need to look at the guide since I talk about what binary codes are patched. When you find the codes in the execution file you can compare how they differ from the yosemite fb. You will find that they are exactly the same, but with SingleLink 1 as the only different. 

You can highlight the numbers and then replace the value to what you want.

thanks for the tips. ive patched binaries before, but always with the solutions, not searching for it :)

• Like 1

the on the fly patch will not work. about the swfrd, try initiate the installer from the .app in your applications folder and let the pendrive out. thats how i bypass that.

EDIT: I would like someone to upload all El Capitan (10.11) Intel HD Graphics kext for me. Including AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA, etc if possible. I believe I have found the problem and will test it on my hackintosh.

Never reach the GUI, it always gives me this:

post-379283-1434736151617_thumb.jpg

Please help

No luck with 10.11 even if i delete all the intelHD kexts

10.10.3 works very well with clover on the fly patch

Never reach the GUI, it always gives me this:

attachicon.gifIMG_20150620_004629.jpg

Please help

No luck with 10.11 even if i delete all the intelHD kexts

10.10.3 works very well with clover on the fly patch

You have the prohibited error. Either your OS X installation failed to install missing components or somehow the disk became corrupted. One solution to try is to see if Safe Mode works. If it does not, then you have to reinstall OS X. 

You have the prohibited error. Either your OS X installation failed to install missing components or somehow the disk became corrupted. One solution to try is to see if Safe Mode works. If it does not, then you have to reinstall OS X.

okay.. i'll try it, hope it'll work after reinstall

EDIT: No it's not working. I install it on a seperate drive and it can boot on a real mac. So the disk is not corupted

okay.. i'll try it, hope it'll work after reinstall

EDIT: No it's not working. I install it on a seperate drive and it can boot on a real mac. So the disk is not corupted

Are you using something different for El Capitan? Any different kexts or boot arguments? Your problem is not common.

Are you using something different for El Capitan? Any different kexts or boot arguments? Your problem is not common.

No, i'm using the exactly same kexts, config.plist, dsdt, like it was on 10.10.3. Except the on the fly patch

i was stuck there too. as said, i initiate the .app installer in the applications folder and at the reboot, with clover, i choose the install partition that appears. thats how i bypassed. creating an usb didnt work for me.

No, i'm using the exactly same kexts, config.plist, dsdt, like it was on 10.10.3. Except the on the fly patch

Attach your config.plist. Anyways I'm sure there are methods on how to install El Capitan already here. Maybe you did it wrong.

Attach your config.plist. Anyways I'm sure there are methods on how to install El Capitan already here. Maybe you did it wrong.

Here's my working 10.10.3 config.plist 

i was stuck there too. as said, i initiate the .app installer in the applications folder and at the reboot, with clover, i choose the install partition that appears. thats how i bypassed. creating an usb didnt work for me.

i'm not sure that it will help. actually i already bypassed the installation processes with a real mac, into an ext drive. now i'm trying to boot into it with my hackintosh

EDIT: hey, now i can boot into the installer with the method you suggest. but with a scrambled screen. now how can i replace the FB file for the installer with this method?

i'm not sure that it will help. actually i already bypassed the installation processes with a real mac, into an ext drive. now i'm trying to boot into it with my hackintosh

EDIT: hey, now i can boot into the installer with the method you suggest. but with a scrambled screen. now how can i replace the FB file for the installer with this method?

Somethings weird from this config file. Why isn't kext-dev-mode enabled? Why are you still using these patches if they don't work in El Capitan? Why isn't rootless flag enabled? Seems you need to fix that.

Hi GhostRaider,

I have got my system working but the only problem I have it the display has a lot of corruption when on the desktop. I have to run my yosemite install through HDMI as it work display on the internal screen.

2njtd.jpg

I hope you can help me get rid of the corruption and make the internal display work.

Thanks

Because i don't even need kext-dev-mode in yosemite. Everything inside is patched on the fly with clover. And the other kexts is placed in clover's EFI partition. And what's rootless? Is it mandatory?

A new security feature in El Capitan. try it: "rootless=0" At this point the only thing that I can think of is maybe the whole usb installation was corrupted so it also installed corrupted files, or one of your kexts is conflicting. Try this guide here:

https://insanelydeepak.wordpress.com/2015/06/14/install-10-11-mac-osx-on-hackintosh-pc-vanilla-installation-method/

Instead of booting from internal EFI use your usb drive instead. Of course you may say that it works on a real Mac but we're dealing with a Hackintosh here. I just don't know what other options are left to try or just wait for public beta.

Hi GhostRaider,

I have got my system working but the only problem I have it the display has a lot of corruption when on the desktop. I have to run my yosemite install through HDMI as it work display on the internal screen.

2njtd.jpg

I hope you can help me get rid of the corruption and make the internal display work.

Thanks

Is this HD4000? If so I believe your in the wrong thread. I'm sure other users with hd4000 can help instead.

you need rollback the FB from yose. thats the only way so far. for install you can fake id the graph using injext intel and fake to 0x01660003. should boot without qi ci but enough to replace the kext in the installed system.

you need rollback the FB from yose. thats the only way so far. for install you can fake id the graph using injext intel and fake to 0x01660003. should boot without qi ci but enough to replace the kext in the installed system.

Now here's another problem. I can boot into installer GUI with your method, but:

1. I can't find my external drive, it won't detect

2. I can't install/update into my internal yosemite partition, it says :

post-379283-14347756725822_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Now i know whats wrong, USB port are not working. Any fix for this?

For El Capitan patch (Singlelink patch 1), try this:

Find: C7 03 01 00 00 00 48 B8 0A
Replace: C7 03 00 00 00 00 48 B8 0A

I can't try because I abandoned Mac OS system on my PCs. I still have a backup to modify the patcher, though (in case the patch is working).

For El Capitan patch (Singlelink patch 1), try this:

Find: C7 03 01 00 00 00 48 B8 0A
Replace: C7 03 00 00 00 00 48 B8 0A
I can't try because I abandoned Mac OS system on my PCs. I still have a backup to modify the patcher, though (in case the patch is working).
Not working for me

The patch itself is correct. Check if you have patched correctly the kext.

But it could also be a problem in the driver since some code has been changed.

The new SingleLink patch 1 for El Capitan framebuffer that you have posted earlier works. Great work as aways Giofrida!

P8x2Knk.png