1882 replies to this topic

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Translation after the French text :

Oui, merci, d'arrêter tout ce bruit, à chaque fois quand un utilisateur parle de Quo. Même si tu as déjà dit, the King n'est pas Rashantha, à force, cela deviens impossible de ne pas le croire.

Merci beaucoup pour tout le reste.

P.S. j'ai ma carte mère, mais pas mon Bluetooth/WIFI, ce n'est pas de la diffamation, c'est la réalité, que cela te plaise ou non.

English text

Yes, thank you, stop all this noise every time when a user speaks Quo. Even if you have already said, the King is not Rashantha to force it become impossible not to believe. 

Thank you so much for everything. 

PS I have my motherboard but not my Bluetooth / WIFI, this is not slander, this is the reality, whether you like it or not.

Even if I am in exactly the same situation as you, I do agree with The King. This thread is not about Quo Company neither the Kickstarter Quo project. This thread is about the Quo board and helping people with this board to get the most functionality from it once they have it. The Kickstarter Quo Project problem is a Kickstarter problem, proper to this type of financing and only deals with their inhability to insure satisfactory finalization of projects. But this is an other matter and should be addressed in Kickstarter Forums, not here.

Français:

Patrick,

Même si je vis exactement la même situation que vous, je suis d'accord avec The King. Ce forum ne porte pas sur la cie Quo ni sur le projet Quo sur Kickstarter. Ce forum porte sur la carte-mère Quo-AOS et vise à aider les utilisateurs à atteindre la meilleure fonctionnalité de cette carte-mère, une fois qu'ils l'ont. Les problèmes du Projet QUO sur Kickstarter relèvent de Kickstarter et démontrent l'incapacité de Kickstarter à assurer la finalisation satisfaisante de leurs différents projets. Mais ceci est un autre problème, lequel est inhérent à ce type de financement et devrait être discuté sur les forums de KIckstarter et non ici.

ioxx

ioxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I installed voodoohda driver. the stereo output and mic work.

yeh

yeh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

No need to yell, we hear you!

I see on you signature that you are using old BIOS, update first.

FYI/Reference for Quo Mobo and SLI:

I can confirm that the Ozmosis EFIs break nVidia SLI and you will not get the SLI option within the nVidia Control Panel.

This applies to Win7 and Win8.1 running GeForce 337.88 WHQL and 334.21 WHQL

So I think it's fair to say that SLI is not possible at all with Ozmosis at present. (well, not possible with versions 894 and 828 with the above setup for the exactifides amongst us)

The only way I got SLI recognised was by flashing back to F2N, Not that I've received any feedback from Quo to suggest this... (has been months since I first emailed them).

Anyway, it appears that I'm the only one running SLI on this mobo on Windows at present, cos I'm only hearing crickets about this...

I have to say that running two Titans on this board gives me a minimum of 118FPS on BF4 (Ultra setting) with a BenQ 120Hz 1920 x 1080. That's right! a minimum of 118FPS and it pretty much locked at my set limit of 120FPS. Something that my X58 mobo couldn't achive with these Titans.

Am very happy now.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:

Glad you solved problems.

ioxx

ioxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I installed voodoohda driver. the stereo output and mic work.

I define system as iMac13,2. That accelerates system speed.

brainfr33z3

brainfr33z3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have been searching through this forum, and various other forums found on Google, for a possible solution to my problem.

I have a Quo AOS board that has been working perfectly for over a year. I wanted to try the new release of the Ozmosis bios, and have been unable to get it to boot into OSX, or even an OSX installer.

Here is a list of my setup:

Z77MX-QUO-AOS board

i7-3770k

GTX660

16GB Corsair Memory (2x8GB)

Intel 520 120GB (Windows 8)

Samsung 840 120GB (OSX)

Seagate 1TB (Storage)

If I set the bios back to the 828 version, everything works fine. Once I install the 894 version, I can only get a black screen after the Quo logo screen. I have ensured that INT Display and IGPU settings are correct, and that Display Boot Opt is set to Legacy. The exact same settings that work in 828 will not work in 894.

I thought that it may have been possibly a bad download of the bios, but have tried downloading it multiple times. I even downloaded it at work, as my network caches downloads and I was worried that I had cached a bad download of the bios.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I hope that is enough information.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

.... I have ensured that INT Display and IGPU settings are correct, and that Display Boot Opt is set to Legacy. The exact same settings that work in 828 will not work in 894.

Expand this, what you did/set and when.

brainfr33z3

brainfr33z3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Expand this, what you did/set and when.

• Init Display: Integrated
  • Integrated Graphics Enabled
  • BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control to Legacy Only

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

• Init Display: Integrated
  • Integrated Graphics Enabled
  • BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control to Legacy Only

• BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control to Legacy Only is for cards with no GOP VBIOS and as fail/safe mechanism, since you are using IGPU and is set as primary:
  • BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control should be set to UEFI Only

brainfr33z3

brainfr33z3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control to Legacy Only is for cards with no GOP VBIOS and as fail/safe mechanism, since you are using IGPU and is set as primary:

Thank for the help, After setting to UEFI only it still will not boot to the installer. I can only get to a blank black screen.

Thank for the help, After setting to UEFI only it still will not boot to the installer. I can only get to a blank black screen.

I was able to boot into the installer by leaving the default values. 

I should have tried that in the first place. I will update on progress shortly.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

You are not providing full information, so nobody can guess what installer give you trouble as example.

You are not setting things right as per indications, most likely you are altering other settings in BIOS, and as you found already is best for you to not touch anything and leave everything as default..

brainfr33z3

brainfr33z3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You are not providing full information, so nobody can guess what installer give you trouble as example.

You are not setting things right as per indications, most likely you are altering other settings in BIOS, and as you found already is best for you to not touch anything and leave everything as default..

I mentioned in my first post that I was having issues booting into OSX, and the OSX installer.

I have a Quo AOS board that has been working perfectly for over a year. I wanted to try the new release of the Ozmosis bios, and have been unable to get it to boot into OSX, or even an OSX installer.

The installer is for 10.9.4 via a Kingston 8GB usb flash drive.

I tried the following settings, and they did not work for me. All others were left default that come with the 894 version of the bios. I would only get a blank black screen.

I apologize if I have not provided sufficient information. As I mentioned in my last post, I was able to get OSX installed by leaving all values to the default. 

brainfr33z3

brainfr33z3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I mentioned in my first post that I was having issues booting into OSX, and the OSX installer.

The installer is for 10.9.4 via a Kingston 8GB usb flash drive.

I tried the following settings, and they did not work for me. All others were left default that come with the 894 version of the bios. I would only get a blank black screen.

I apologize if I have not provided sufficient information. As I mentioned in my last post, I was able to get OSX installed by leaving all values to the default. 

After successfully getting 10.9.4 installed, I have found I am unable to use integrated graphics. If I use only my GPU with integrated graphics set to AUTO, I can boot into OSX and everything other than integrated graphics works. If I enable integrated graphics, I can only get to a blank black screen. The only settings I change are to enable integrated graphics.

Any ideas?

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

After successfully getting 10.9.4 installed, I have found I am unable to use integrated graphics. If I use only my GPU with integrated graphics set to AUTO, I can boot into OSX and everything other than integrated graphics works. If I enable integrated graphics, I can only get to a blank black screen. The only settings I change are to enable integrated graphics.

Any ideas?

Yes, I have one:

How about you read what I did said in plain english when I asked for details?

Do you think stuff like monitor(s) connected, type/size/resolution etc does not matter when you debug "possible" video bug?

Since you didn't provided required information I am forced to guess so, I think your "problem" is related with how you actually connect the monitor(s).

I guess you do not have a PC Speaker mounted on your board to warn you when your graphics card that you set in BIOS as primary is not posted.

In translation, if you enable IGPU and set it as primary in Init display first, you need to make sure you have monitor connected to it otherwise you will receive a black screen till the end of the days..

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

This might be a question for the Ozmosis thread, but does anybody know if it's possible to force full resolution on the boot screen? I hate seeing that distorted Apple logo. Can I add a boot argument or anything to fix it?

truesoldier

truesoldier

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

This might be a question for the Ozmosis thread, but does anybody know if it's possible to force full resolution on the boot screen? I hate seeing that distorted Apple logo. Can I add a boot argument or anything to fix it?

Disable CSM.

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Disable CSM.

Thank you. So I'm having an issue here. In order to get the CSM support setting I have to change Secure Boot to Windows 8. I then disable CSM Support and save and exit. The boot logo is still distorted so I go back into bios and CSM is back to Enabled. I've tried disabling it 3 times but it isn't sticking. I also tried restoring the bios to defaults and then disabling it but it always goes back to enabled. Is there another setting I need to change that's re-enabling it?

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

If you're comfortable with modifying your bios you could try replacing the CsmVideo module with this one (you can use MMTool or UefiTool for this).

It allowed me to boot with full resolution over DVI with CSM enabled. When I tried a DP cable the display was stretched again.

Attached Files

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

If you're comfortable with modifying your bios you could try replacing the CsmVideo module with this one (you can use MMTool or UefiTool for this).

It allowed me to boot with full resolution over DVI with CSM enabled. When I tried a DP cable the display was stretched again.

I'm not comfortable with it, but I'm not against learning. I'll give it a go. I should have mentioned that I'm connecting over DVI. Would HDMI or DP make a difference? Or would one or the other knock me back to 1080p?

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

I'm not sure. I've never used HDMI and once DP messed up the boot res I stuck with DVI. I only have a 1080p monitor anyway but before replacing that module I was getting stretched 1280x1024 or so on boot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy