OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

1479 is NOT loaded for you or you would now have Oz directory in place of Quo directory.

Your iMessage problems are from Apple and not your board or ozmosis.. You can see from the forum here that everyone has theses problems regardless of hardware or boot mangers used.

Your other issues are pebkac and all fixable as well. 

Sure, for people who refuse to use the brain God gave them, for that kind of people yes, all we do here is just a waste of time.

For the rest of stuff you said I wont even bother to reply, who will read will remain like me, stoned...

People with real lives and real work to do, don't have time to sort through all this {censored}, wish I would have known how much headache this board was going to be before getting it. Would be using a nice imac right now.

1479 is NOT loaded for you or you would now have Oz directory in place of Quo directory.

Your iMessage problems are from Apple and not your board or ozmosis.. You can see from the forum here that everyone has theses problems regardless of hardware or boot mangers used.

Your other issues are pebkac and all fixable as well. 

I don't have anymore issues except imessage & facetime. The rest wasn't really pebkac, bios upgrades shouldn't really kill off GPU support on a board that is advertised as a OOB hackintosh as well as one bios working with DP and another not working. It doesn't make sense to me.

..bios upgrades shouldn't really kill off GPU support on a board that is advertised as a OOB hackintosh as well as one bios working with DP and another not working. It doesn't make sense to me.

And where is advertised as OOB hackintosh?

BIOS should cover OOB the majority, and that is why DisplayPort, that is not wide used, is not anymore supported OOB, but if you bother to use "onboard brain" you will find out how you can set it up as "before" simply reading the change log b/w BIOS upgrades..

Same goes with GPU support, majority was chosen, in plus was added user ability to chose framebufer and many more.

And who forced you to update the BIOS if all where working good?

You also make confusion or with intention b/w manufacturer and hacked BIOS makers, and this show the lack of respect for the work developers are doing in providing this solution.

I think you should RMA yourself.

And where is advertised as OOB hackintosh?

BIOS should cover OOB the majority, and that is why DisplayPort, that is not wide used, is not anymore supported OOB, but if you bother to use "onboard brain" you will find out how you can set it up as "before" simply reading the change log b/w BIOS upgrades..

Same goes with GPU support, majority was chosen, in plus was added user ability to chose framebufer and many more.

And who forced you to update the BIOS if all where working good?

You also make confusion or with intention b/w manufacturer and hacked BIOS makers, and this show the lack of respect for the work developers are doing in providing this solution.

I think you should RMA yourself.

OOB hackintosh support was the talk of the town...

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/cool_stuff_found/post/projectq-motherboard-promises-out-of-the-box-hackintosh-support

No offence King, but I have been reading forums for a while trying to resolve facetime issues etc. People it seems are getting sick of you calling people noobs or stupid (even if they are). It's like you have some kind inferiority complex and you want people to know just how clever you are. ***claps***

Clearly you are a little behind the curve even pointing me to the wiki page, either that or you just wanted me to run around the houses for a fix that wasn't even going to work.

I do actually have allot of respect for the time and effort the developers have put into this, but that doesn't change the fact 99.99999% of folks are better off with a real mac. The user experience of trying to get by with this hack and using a real rmbp is night and day. I wouldn't be scouring the internet for facetime fixes for a start.

Hopefully now you are retired we'l get an updated bios once the smarter Dev's have worked out a fix for Apples serial algorithms etc..

LOL that is your "was advertised for OOB hackintosh support"?

Typical, when they are left out of arguments, they start to bite and I became the subject..

The fact that you quoted Tonymac is no-comment, and shows where you belong from...

Anyway for the rest of the readers who does make use of "onboard brain", what I stand earlier is still valid for iMessage fix, on top of that earlier in this topic I provided a tool and instrucions for how to play with onboard LAN.

I wont say more then this, everything is at your fingers, as my signature says.

Now I will shutoff myself and let the "smarter Dev's" to figure out what I just typed.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I've had the QUO motherboard for more than a year.

Back then I flashed the BIOS 

BIOS Z77MX.QUO.AOS.H3A-1307271205
27-07-2013
And installed 10.9. Everything went fine. (do not need facetime and imessages)
Audio is no problem since I use a USB DAC.

A few days ago, I tried to upgrade to Yosemite, no luck. Black or gray screen at some point.
Tried to install Yosemite from scratch with USB stick. Same symptom.
I'm back using Mavericks but I'd like to update.

I also cannot use Two screens (I tried two screens to the same ATI card, and two screen connected to two graphics card)
The bios displays on the tow screens but nothing under MacOS...

Any idea on what I should do ?
Upgrade the bios ? Use another alternative BIOS ? 

Thanks

Debugging my non-working wake-on-LAN, can some of you with a working WOL post their ouput for this command .. curious to see if you have the same hibernate mode 

####$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:
AC Power                -1*
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        3
 womp                 1
 networkoversleep     0
 sleep                120
 Sleep On Power Button 0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 autorestart          0
 disksleep            10
 displaysleep         60

What do you mean ATI cards not supported ?

There are many mac systems shipped with ati cards and I found many ATI kexts...

And the card works perfectly (StarCraft is smooooth)

The NVidia works perfectly as well.

Did I miss something to make the system work with two screens ?

Thanks

The ATI cards you refer too were custom made for Apple to be used by Apple...if you had installed kext to make your ATI work under Mavericks or prior, those kext wil not load under Yosemite unless you remove the Yosemite requirment for a signed kext.

For more info see the link below ..

http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/

The ATI cards you refer too were custom made for Apple to be used by Apple...if you had installed kext to make your ATI work under Mavericks or prior, those kext wil not load under Yosemite unless you remove the Yosemite requirment for a signed kext.

For more info see the link below ..

http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/

Wow its obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about, there are plenty of normal ATI cards that work OOB also there are plenty of Nvidia cards that work OOB and as for signed kext there is a boot flag for that= kext-dev-mode=1. You might wanna know what all you are talking about before giving advice.

• Like 1

Debugging my non-working wake-on-LAN, can some of you with a working WOL post their ouput for this command .. curious to see if you have the same hibernate mode 

####$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:
AC Power                -1*                     SAME
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        3                      DIFFERENT. MINE IS 0
 womp                 1                              SAME
 networkoversleep     0                     SAME
 sleep                120                           DIFFERENT. 0
 Sleep On Power Button 0              DIFFERENT 1 
 ttyskeepawake        1                       SAME
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage         SAME
 autorestart          0                             SAME
 disksleep            10                          SAME
 displaysleep         60                       DIFFERENT - 25

My output is above for your reference. Have never used hibernate or sleep, and the differences are from my customisation of energy saver preferences.

As far as I know, only the WOMP flag should have any effect on WoL, and you've got the correct setting there. Out of curiosity, why are you using mode 3 (disk+RAM) for hibernate rather than the default desktop mode 1 (RAM only)?

Separately, has any one had luck scheduling shut downs with this board? Mine never responds to events set with the pmset tool if the loginwindow is displayed. Scheduled power down only works while logged in once a 10min timer has elapsed. This stops an easy script led workaround for the WoL reboot issue (schedule a power off event with pmset, before shutting down).

You might wanna know what all you are talking about before giving advice.

Never said anything about Nvidia. Without knowing what is card actually is, there is no way to tell if it should work oob

Kext-dev-mode was what i was hinting at...

Now since you are so full of clues, help the guy with his troubles instead of bashing people around

As far as I know, only the WOMP flag should have any effect on WoL, and you've got the correct setting there. Out of curiosity, why are you using mode 3 (disk+RAM) for hibernate rather than the default desktop mode 1 (RAM only)?

Well i never selected mode 3 but maybe it got ported over when i built it.. I started with a clone of my MacBook Pro internal drive... That is why i was curious of what other people would see.

Separately, has any one had luck scheduling shut downs with this board? Mine never responds to events set with the pmset tool if the loginwindow is displayed. Scheduled power down only works while logged in once a 10min timer has elapsed. This stops an easy script led workaround for the WoL reboot issue (schedule a power off event with pmset, before shutting down

I am set for scheduled boots ( it works ), will test schedule shutdown tomorrow and report... It used to work for me on a prior bios but i haven't used scheduled shutdown in awhile
  • Like 1

Did I miss something to make the system work with two screens ?

Nobody here is Nostradamus, so we have no clue what hardware you are using, so no precise advise can be done.

You can make a signature as most user does(who ask for help) with details of your system).

If you don't provide at least a bdmesg nobody can help you.

@all I disagree, there is no OOB graphics card that works fully(that I know) w/o at least a small injection/correction like connector-type for nVidia HDMI/DP audio, ATI's framebuffer or connector patch and so on.

My reference ATI 5770 didn't worked 100% even when using Apple EFI driver, so OOB graphics card is IMHO still a dream for hackintosh.

People use OOB if they got 1 or 2 display working from 4, with luck, and that is totally wrong 

I am set for scheduled boots ( it works ), will test schedule shutdown tomorrow and report... It used to work for me on a prior bios but i haven't used scheduled shutdown in awhile

Thanks. If possible could you check if it works on the login screen? Scheduled shutdown works when logged in for me (subject to a 10min countdown timer) but not when rebooted and sitting at login. I think this is an issue with the motherboard, as the below script works as expected on my Macbook Pro. 

#!/bin/sh
# WoL reboot workaround
# v1.0
# Must be run as root
#
# Calculate four minutes from now:
FourMins=`date -v +4M "+%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S"`
# Alert user to time and schedule plan
echo "It is `date`, shut down scheduled for $FourMins"
# Schedule second/final shutdown
pmset schedule shutdown "$FourMins"
# Display schedule, allows for manual confirmation:
echo "Scheduled power events:"
pmset -g sched
echo "10s to first shutdown"
sleep 10s
# Device will complete first shutdown and then reboot with a scheduled shutdown
shutdown -h now
# Following reboot, device will alert that it will power down in 10m.

Hi

I added the information regarding my config in my signature.

Does anyone can point me to a explanation on how to have two screens on MacOS ?

It can be with 2 cards installed or using 2 DVI connections on 1 card (preferred).

Thanks a lot

Hi

I added the information regarding my config in my signature.

Does anyone can point me to a explanation on how to have two screens on MacOS ?

It can be with 2 cards installed or using 2 DVI connections on 1 card (preferred).

Thanks a lot

Your BIOS is OLD, flash latest BIOS and test all cards, should work on all, if not provide dumps from not working card.

Thanks for checking @IronManJFF. Guess I'll have to troubleshoot a little more at this end. As we're both on 1479, its likely to either be something particular to my computer, or some difference between Mavericks and Yosemite (if your sig is current).

Either way, that suggests the script I've got on the previous page of this forum should work for remote shutdown for folks experiencing the WoL reboot issue.

Yes I am still on Mavericks. The only thing that might make me make the move to Yosemite is MIDI over Bluetooth LE. I find Yosemite UI ugly and a step backward from Mavericks..

Experimented a little bit more last nite.

Plugged back the bluetooth USB dongle which brought me back to my previous problems of screen staying black and bluetooth devices not reconnecting on wake and  reboot after shutdown.

I then tried something else.. Because of my case design (FT-03) I had the bluetooth USB adapter plugged on top of the case into a USB 3 port (same when using wired keyboard) .. so I move it to a true USB 2 port ...put computer to sleep ..hit spacebar on bluetooth keyboard ... system wakes up and bluetooth devices reconnected correctly. Ask comp to shutdown, it does without any issue. Start up again, put it to sleep, take iPad and send WOL packet , it wakes up, bluetooth devices reconnect , everything is fine, shutdown fine.

Then I changed hibernate mode to 0, and restested, same results (didn't see much of a change in getting the comp to sleep since the memory image was stored on SSD) .

Bottom line to me so far ... a USB 2 device plugged into a USB 3 killed WOL.

Timmy, since you never had issue waking on LAN itself , can you test this and see what would happen if you plugged your keyboard into a USB 3 port ? Thanks.

@IronManJFF - I've just tested and was able to remote boot while KB is plugged into a USB3 port on my front panel. My usual setup has a Yubikey 2 factor authentication device (which presents itself to the computer as a keyboard/HID) permanently plugged into a front USB3 port, and booting has been consistent across the various BIOSes.

I think you might be onto something though. I've never been able to boot from USB install media plugged into the front panel USB3 ports, and I've got two differently-branded microSD card readers that won't work unless they're plugged into one of the IO plate's USB2 ports. I'm not sure quite what's happening, but this BIOS does seem to make some sort of distinction between the ports.

I'm planning this evening to put my old Mavericks SSD back into the tower and see whether it will allow scheduled shutdowns from pmset on the desktop. Your experience, and mine testing with a 10.9 Macbook Pro suggest that the OS, not motherboard might be the root cause. Obviously the reboot instead of shutdown issue with WoL packets is the root cause, but if I have a workaround for remote shut down it really wouldn't bother me much.

@IronManJFF - I forgot to ask if your keyboard at all special? Does it have a hub or memory card reader embedded?