OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

My bad, cards are in slot 1 & 4 with the Dlink556 in slot 3. I attach some pics. In this configuration is not working.

I asked to not use Slot 3, just 1 and 4, please do what I asked and report if system see the cards.

A great help would be if you can bring darwindumper dumps, especial full lspci(lspci -nnvvbxxxx) and bdmesg/dmesg...

• Like 1

I asked to not use Slot 3, just 1 and 4, please do what I asked and report if system see the cards.

A great help would be if you can bring darwindumper dumps, especial full lspci(lspci -nnvvbxxxx) and bdmesg/dmesg...

I've got the same result using only the 2 Konas in Slot 1 & 4.

Sorry but I need some more info about "darwindumper dumps, especial full lspci(lspci -nnvvbxxxx) and bdmesg/dmesg" I don't know what is it.

Thanks!

Just wanted to give a success story for Mavericks.  I upgraded from 10.8.5 from the app store while running 816M.  Had to switch to integrated graphics (HD4000 w/i7-3770K) only during install.

After install I had to switch to the GeForce 670 or the graphics was quite distorted (I disabled integrated in BIOS).  I'm now running 3 monitors on the GeForce card successfully, no issues after about 8 hours of use.

Telling me something is broken because I did something wrong is no help what so ever. My previous posts will tell you that I first used the legacy audio patch and nothing worked so then I used mu1ti-be@st. So please if you have a way to fix it I'd love/appreciate the help.

Not diving too deep into this subject... For me, the problem is the fact that I have no idea what the tool you used has done so it is immensely difficult for someone to troubleshoot.  At this point, I would usually advise you to restore from your most recent backup. Assuming you backup periodically and before you run any type of patch. This is one small reason why you receive that kind of response. If you do some research, you can find other reasons. If you want to continue this topic of conversation, you are welcome to PM.

My UEFI Spec is: 2.31 and my Rev: 4.653.

That is the second line. What does the first line say? It should say something like "Ozmosis 1.01.0_____"

I got it to work using the newest Multi----Beast software. I know people hate Tony   Mac here but I was just trying to figure out a solution since what you gave me didn't work. Technically what I did didn't work either. It's all distorted like it was in 10.8.6

If it is distorted, then id say it doesn't work.

Please confirm the BIOS version from the shell (see comments above)

If version less than 816:

Flash with 816 or 820

If confirmed 820 (or 816), than:

Try using the file I provided and Kext Wizard (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253395-kext-wizard-easy-to-use-kext-installer-and-more/)

• Like 1

Not diving too deep into this subject... For me, the problem is the fact that I have no idea what the tool you used has done so it is immensely difficult for someone to troubleshoot.  At this point, I would usually advise you to restore from your most recent backup. Assuming you backup periodically and before you run any type of patch. This is one small reason why you receive that kind of response. If you do some research, you can find other reasons. If you want to continue this topic of conversation, you are welcome to PM.

That is the second line. What does the first line say? It should say something like "Ozmosis 1.01.0_____"

If it is distorted, then id say it doesn't work.

Please confirm the BIOS version from the shell (see comments above)

If version less than 816:

Flash with 816 or 820

If confirmed 820 (or 816), than:

Try using the file I provided and Kext Wizard (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253395-kext-wizard-easy-to-use-kext-installer-and-more/)

Yea I was way old(739). I guess I've been oblivious about the bios updates. So I guess just keep checking for updates to my Bios and do them? All looks good now so far. Thanks for all the help dude. I really appreciate it. You were INCREDIBLY helpful.

Do you know anything about getting imessage to work?

• Like 2

Just wanted to give a success story for Mavericks.  I upgraded from 10.8.5 from the app store while running 816M.  Had to switch to integrated graphics (HD4000 w/i7-3770K) only during install.

After install I had to switch to the GeForce 670 or the graphics was quite distorted (I disabled integrated in BIOS).  I'm now running 3 monitors on the GeForce card successfully, no issues after about 8 hours of use.

Ditto on the success in upgrading to 10.9.  I tried to update from 10.8.4 but it wouldn't work, so i first upgraded to 10.8.5 and then did the 10.9 update which went smoothly.  I'm also on the 816M Bios but only running on the integrated graphics even tho i have a GTX 650 on board for GPU calculations.   Also, initially NVIDIA's CUDA driver's were deprecated to the Apple drivers, but a day later NVIDIA delivered a new update.

Compared to my LGA2011 build, the Quo MB was extremely easy and robust. It would be nice if the Quo MB experience could be repeated with x79 MB's.

Yea I was way old(739). I guess I've been oblivious about the bios updates. So I guess just keep checking for updates to my Bios and do them? All looks good now so far. Thanks for all the help dude. I really appreciate it. You were INCREDIBLY helpful.

Do you know anything about getting imessage to work?

If you could add your current BIOS to your signature, that would be fantastic.

Don't update for the sake of updating. Check back and see what primary changes have been made. I keep a flash drive handy with all of the releases to ensure I can easily roll back.

Consider backing up your build.

Here's the file.

Thanks a lot for help.

The file you uploaded is useless for me.

I didn't asked for such thing, if you don't know what to upload, or whant to keep private data PM the whole zip dump link.

L.E.

Also I need same dumps from this scenario:

HD4000 + 1 Kona 3G card in Slot 1.

The file you uploaded is useless for me.

I didn't asked for such thing, if you don't know what to upload, or whant to keep private data PM the whole zip dump link.

L.E.

Also I need same dumps from this scenario:

HD4000 + 1 Kona 3G card in Slot 1.

Hi sorry for the wrong upload, here you the .zip with 2 Konas in slot 1&4 (the more little .zip) and the other .zip with 1 Kona in slot 1 (bigger file).

As far as this is a workstaion for work and there's no personal datas in I don't have any problem in keep it public if this can help some one else.

Thanks.

DarwinDumper_2.8.5_Ozmosis_1.01.0820_Mav_ILL.zip

DarwinDumper_2.8.5_Ozmosis_1.01.0820_Mav_ILL.zip

Hey, ILL I suggested the .htm because it contains all the info from the dump and it would save you from upping the extra 2mb. Hope you and the rest of these guys can get your problems figured out.

Nope, your suggestion does not apply. the htm is incomplete.

Hi sorry for the wrong upload, here you the .zip with 2 Konas in slot 1&4 (the more little .zip) and the other .zip with 1 Kona in slot 1 (bigger file).

As far as this is a workstaion for work and there's no personal datas in I don't have any problem in keep it public if this can help some one else.

Thanks.

Thanks, now I can clear see that this is a BIOS issue.

I suggest you to try official official F2N under Linux, if you get same result(no cards detected) this issue must be forwarded to Gigabyte.

Wish I could help you more, but those Kona cards are way over my toy play budget...

Good luck with this issue!

I tested today a second HD 7870 card:  Asus Radeon HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2

Sound device is not listed and therefore I cannot get sound out of the hdmi port.

But XFX HD7870 Black Edition is working out of the box with hdmi.

I thought both have the same chip, so it should work identically.

I am confuse now...

Ditto on the success in upgrading to 10.9.  I tried to update from 10.8.4 but it wouldn't work, so i first upgraded to 10.8.5 and then did the 10.9 update which went smoothly.  I'm also on the 816M Bios but only running on the integrated graphics even tho i have a GTX 650 on board for GPU calculations.   Also, initially NVIDIA's CUDA driver's were deprecated to the Apple drivers, but a day later NVIDIA delivered a new update.

Compared to my LGA2011 build, the Quo MB was extremely easy and robust. It would be nice if the Quo MB experience could be repeated with x79 MB's.

Your integrated graphics are working on Mavericks? Lucky! I get distortion on 816M.  What processor are you running? I have an i7-3770K

Your integrated graphics are working on Mavericks? Lucky! I get distortion on 816M.  What processor are you running? I have an i7-3770K

I dont see what can be your issue, other then broken install, or something else that break it or you started to play with BIOS IGPU settings like I saw on other around here...

Here, and on all mavericks since first developer preview I had zero issue.

1. You do not have distorted graphics under 10.8?
  2. What monitor/resolution are you running?
  3. What types of connections have you tested (e.g., hdmi, dvi, thunderbolt, thunderbolt to dvi)

If you pull your discrete graphics and restore optimized defaults, what results do you get?

I dont see what can be your issue, other then broken install, or something else that break it or you started to play with BIOS IGPU settings like I saw on other around here...

Here, and on all mavericks since first developer preview I had zero issue.

Agreed. Ive had no issues with 816 with 3770k using integrated with HDMI and DVI

Strange - thanks guys.

Is there a wiki somewhere with consolidated information on this mobo?  Or is there a place we could create one? Happy to host/create but I figured keeping it in the existing community would be smart. I just feel bad for any new users that have to read 46 pages to find the right info.

• Like 1

Strange - thanks guys.

Is there a wiki somewhere with consolidated information on this mobo?  Or is there a place we could create one? Happy to host/create but I figured keeping it in the existing community would be smart. I just feel bad for any new users that have to read 46 pages to find the right info.

1. You do not have distorted graphics under 10.8?
  2. What monitor/resolution are you running?
  3. What types of connections have you tested (e.g., hdmi, dvi, thunderbolt, thunderbolt to dvi)

If you pull your discrete graphics and restore optimized defaults, what results do you get?

1) I'm running 10.8.5 w/integrated graphics only and no distortion, when i had the GeForce 560 TI in, I was getting distortion

2) 2x 24inch dell and samsung.  1900x1080 and 1900x1200 respectively.

3) Dell is DVI, Samsung is HDMI

Per your previous comment, when you try to run Mavericks with the same configuration, you get distortion with integrated graphics?

Per your previous comment, when you try to run Mavericks with the same configuration, you get distortion with integrated graphics?

My apologies, yes I get distortion after about 10 minutes on Mavericks using 816M.  It's quite strange.  I disabled integrated graphics and am now using 3 monitors on a GeForce 670 with no issues.

My apologies, yes I get distortion after about 10 minutes on Mavericks using 816M.  It's quite strange.  I disabled integrated graphics and am now using 3 monitors on a GeForce 670 with no issues.

No worries.

When experiencing distortion with integrated, did you also have your discrete graphics card plugged in?