OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I dumped the DSDT, inserted the patch to set the framebuffer name and popped it in the load direrctory. That's fixed the problem. Thanks for your help. Is it worth dropping back to 816M for now?

Nah, I would wait for updates....

Most,

Consider placing your system specs in your signature. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature)

In addition to the obvious specs, ensure that you have your firmware version and OS version.

Consider addressing the audio issue first. If you have to flash the firmware, I beleive it will reset nvram.

Have you confirmed your current firmware version via the shell? See The KiNG's recent posts.

You say you believe you tried the audio fix. Can you described how you patched the audio?

Yea my bad. Didn't really put enough info. Sig has my specs. Don't know the firmware version I'm on though. I flashed a month or two ago to start to run Mac OS.

I tried to patch the audio with the legacy files in terminal. It worked for 10.8 but not when I upgraded. So I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and got nothing again.

Yea my bad. Didn't really put enough info. Sig has my specs. Don't know the firmware version I'm on though. I flashed a month or two ago to start to run Mac OS.

I tried to patch the audio with the legacy files in terminal. It worked for 10.8 but not when I upgraded. So I tried ##### and got nothing again.

From the built-in shell, run:

bdmesg -b

In regard to the second step you took to for audio, I have no idea what it has done.

As far as the patch. It works in 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9. Check the link and instructions from my previous post and let us know if that works. If it doesn't, please respond with any error messages and steps you took.

[edit] thanks THe KiNG

As far as the patch. It works in 10.7 10.8 10.9.

A small correction, the 10.7 patch also works for 10.6.8 since the kext layout is the same, so if someone want for some reason to run snow leopard on this board it should know that it can have audio fixed by same patch.

Has anyone been able to connect to another mac pro w/this motherboard using back to my mac?  Interestingly enough I can connect to both of my mac pros from actual laptops.  I just can't have them connect directly to each other. (Note: I did change the serial number of both, but not the baseboard serial number)

My system works without any problem with both graphics card I've got and without them (HD4000) and wifi (Dlink 556) but I find a strange behaviour in PCI.

I've tried to use 2 Kona 3G cards in the 2 16x slots and I've lost every PCIe cards, Kona's are 4x cards.

I can use the Sapphire+Dlink+ one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the 680+Dlink+one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the HD4000+Dlink+ one Kona 3G either in Slot 1 or in Slot 2 and everything works fine.

but

If I plug 2 Kona 3G and the Dlink the system doesn't recognize any PCI card (I lose the wifi also), anyone knows why? I've tried the (few) possible settings for PCI and nothing change. I've tried also without the Dlink with the same result.

• Like 1

My system works without any problem with both graphics card I've got and without them (HD4000) and wifi (Dlink 556) but I find a strange behaviour in PCI.

I've tried to use 2 Kona 3G cards in the 2 16x slots and I've lost every PCIe cards, Kona's are 4x cards.

I can use the Sapphire+Dlink+ one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the 680+Dlink+one Kona 3G and everything works fine.

I can use the HD4000+Dlink+ one Kona 3G either in Slot 1 or in Slot 2 and everything works fine.

but

If I plug 2 Kona 3G and the Dlink the system doesn't recognize any PCI card (I lose the wifi also), anyone knows why? I've tried the (few) possible settings for PCI and nothing change. I've tried also without the Dlink with the same result.

Do you have windows installed, as well?

bdmesg -b

In regard to the second step you took to for audio, I have no idea what it has done.

As far as the patch. It works in 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9. Check the link and instructions from my previous post and let us know if that works. If it doesn't, please respond with any error messages and steps you took.

[edit] thanks THe KiNG

Noob question. How do you get to/run the shell?

Also I used the patch that you had in your link. That's the same one I did before. I did it again and it said done. Seems like it was successful. Rebooted and got no audio still. No error messages either.

Noob question. How do you get to/run the shell?

Also I used the patch that you had in your link. That's the same one I did before. I did it again and it said done. Seems like it was successful. Rebooted and got no audio still. No error messages either.

Choose: UEFI Built-in EDK Shell from F12 Boot Menu.

Your audio does not work because you installed some stuff from MonyTac.

• Like 1

Do you have windows installed, as well?

No win.

The mobo was first flashed with 816M, then 10.8.4 from usb, upgraded on line to 10.8.5, audio patched and than 10.9, never patched the audio after.

I've flashed today from 816 to 820 with the same results.

Sys info doesn't show any PCI card but cards are active with fans and leds always on.

Choose: UEFI Built-in EDK Shell from F12 Boot Menu.

Your audio does not work because you installed some stuff from MonyTac.

Thanks for the Shell info. Not so much on the audio part. Telling me something is broken because I did something wrong is no help what so ever. My previous posts will tell you that I first used the legacy audio patch and nothing worked so then I used mu1ti-be@st. So please if you have a way to fix it I'd love/appreciate the help.

bdmesg -b

[edit] thanks THe KiNG

My UEFI Spec is: 2.31 and my Rev: 4.653.

I have no idea what the tool you used has done and to what files it has modified.

Try replacing your current AppleHDA.kext with something less tinkered with (See PM).

Assuming that AppleHDA.kext from my PM is now unzipped and located in your Downloads folder. Run the following in Terminal (Replace USERNAME with your username):

mkdir /KextBackup
sudo -s
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /KextBackup
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
cp -R /Users/USERNAME/Downloads/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext
chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext

Then follow audio patch procedure.

I have no idea what the tool you used has done and to what files it has modified.

Try replacing your current AppleHDA.kext with something less tinkered with (See PM).

Assuming that AppleHDA.kext from my PM is now unzipped and located in your Downloads folder. Run the following in Terminal (Replace USERNAME with your username):

mkdir /KextBackup
sudo -s

Just tried that. Send you an attachment in a PM of what I did and still have no audio.

mkdir /KextBackup
sudo -s

I got it to work using the newest Multi----Beast software. I know people hate Tony   Mac here but I was just trying to figure out a solution since what you gave me didn't work. Technically what I did didn't work either. It's all distorted like it was in 10.8.6

I could not get that script to work either there was no way I even could navigate/cd to the right folder. At least that is what terminal said. So I downloaded a package that was klick and run somebody the prins or something put together for mavericks.

And yes I have built some 10 hackmacs over the years so ..... and today I have three i7 and a couple q6600 mashines so at least as I believe I did nothing wrong with that script, for some reason it just did not work.

Hope you manage to work it out

I do not get what is wrong with you guys, at first you complain script and terminal is hard to do.

OK, I provide easy to click for n00bs installer, no this is not good and you guys are complaining on scipt that is not good..

WTF...?

You didn't specified the position of the setup.

Before we begin you should know the correct slot count, Slot 1 is the slot close to CPU and Slot 4 the farest.

So IMHO, to use 2 of them, you need to use onboard HD4000 and put one card in Slot 1 and second in Slot 4.

Do not use yet PCIe x1 slots and tell me if the system works with those 2.

You didn't specified the position of the setup.

Before we begin you should know the correct slot count, Slot 1 is the slot close to CPU and Slot 4 the farest.

So IMHO, to use 2 of them, you need to use onboard HD4000 and put one card in Slot 1 and second in Slot 4.

Do not use yet PCIe x1 slots and tell me if the system works with those 2.

My bad, cards are in slot 1 & 4 with the Dlink556 in slot 3. I attach some pics. In this configuration is not working.

post-1160056-0-29454600-1383136102_thumb.jpg

post-1160056-0-44536500-1383136104_thumb.jpg

• Like 1