• Please log in to reply
2094 replies to this topic

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Was out of town but now I'm back to this. I can't seem to get into single user mode. It keeps KP'ing before it loads. It's pretty quick but I think I see something about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement before it reboots. Although the first time is said Mac OS not yet set.

Are you providing a custom DSDT or SSDT ?

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Nope. Never needed them. I've never been unable to boot until DP4. Until now, my biggest issue was crashes during boot, but it would eventually get through. That was graphics related though, and was remedied by using nvidia web drivers. I only get the power management crash when trying to get into single user mode.

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

SUCCESS! I finally got FakeSMC to load and, after getting to DP3 and doing a TM backup, FINALLY got DP4 to boot. It was a hold your breath moment right after the update as I got about 5 Mac OS not set reboots but it eventually got to the login screen. DP5 and DP6 updated without a hiccup. Turns out all I had to do was the easiest thing possible: touch the damn extensions folder. It took about 3 tries and reboots to take but it finally loaded. I also made sure rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1 were in NVRAM, since they don't seem to be loading from my defaults.plist in the Oz folder (nor is my SMBIOS, but it does if I boot from my Yosemite install on a USB3 stick). Anyhow, thanks for pointing to FakeSMC being the culprit. One question: right now I've got it in /S/L/E. Is there any reason I should have it in /L/E instead?

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Well that was short-lived. Yesterday everything was working. Even USB, which hadn't worked right since DP1. Now today I come down to my computer to find it stuck at the fully-loaded boot screen again. I booted into recovery and touched the extensions folder again and got back into my desktop, but now USB and sound are both out, and FakeSMC doesn't seem to load after a reboot. I see there's a SIP utility out there now. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Couple of feature requests/questions:

- can we get  feature to turn computer on via USB keyboard or key combination?

- can we get WOL feature? If this is implemented, where to set it to listen?

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Couple of feature requests/questions:

- can we get  feature to turn computer on via USB keyboard or key combination?

- can we get WOL feature? If this is implemented, where to set it to listen?

To the first one you need an apple compatible bluetooth, to the second one in System Preferences>Energy Saver, check the Wake for Ethernet network access.

On other matters, installed the El Capitan DP Public 5, all working perfect, Apple disabled the restrictions on SIP and all kexts are loading from uefi bios, including VodooHDA, so no need to reinstall audio, the only problem for the future is the caution seen in the bottom of the screenshot.

Attached Files

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Something rare has happened, I made a usb bootable with PB5 in case to have to reinstall to avoid to go updating one by one, but when I try to boot from it it goes to the final stage and get stuck there with the beach ball spinning, I left it there for the whole night and nothing, still the same, so I reboot to the OS and he keep rebooting in a loop, then I try to boot in the recovery and the same problem as the usb installer, in the end I have to boot as single user to repair the os. What baffles me is that it boot perfect with a usb Yosemite installer and a El Capitan dev1 installer. If somebody have a clue about this, please, share. :rofl:

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Solved the problem with Chris1111 tool v3, I think we are going to need an actualized bios for this board to accommodate the changes made by El Capitan, hopefully The King and the devs will work on this. :rolleyes:

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh,Windows,Linux and any more OS

But now you do not have Ozmosis!!!

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

But now you do not have Ozmosis!!!

I use the tool only to make the installer, after booting the installer you follow as normal, so, yes I have Ozmosis; what I mean is that what we need is to actualize the booter to adapt to the changes in El Capitan, I think we need to inject the command to disable SIP and a compatible Chameleon. :drool:

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 132 posts

You need a compatible Chameleon when using Ozmosis? Erm, you are aware of the fact that when you use Chameleon, Ozmosis doesn't really do anything? Also, I'm a little irritated by people constantly insisting that boot solutions need to be adapted to every new OS X release or specifically for SIP. The only boot solutions that need an update are boot loaders (no, Clover and Ozmosis are not boot loaders), such as Chameleon or macosxbootloader. SIP is an OS X feature that is controlled entirely by boot.efi and OS X. OS X sets the data (more specifically csrutil), boot.efi reads the data - no need for Ozmosis or any other boot solution not launching the kernel directly to be updated.

Yes, Clover had an update to set those variables, but that is primarily for legacy boards using EmuVariable, so you don't need to re-set the variables every time NVRAM.plist gets deleted for some reason - and no, it is not essential, you could set it manually in nvram.plist as well. Ozmosis' concept of the Defaults.plist is pretty much equivalent to Clover's concept of RtVariables, except that Clover needs to be adapted to accept new keys.

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh,Windows,Linux and any more OS

You're right... I know does not possible use second boot loader with Ozmosis!!!

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

You need a compatible Chameleon when using Ozmosis? Erm, you are aware of the fact that when you use Chameleon, Ozmosis doesn't really do anything? Also, I'm a little irritated by people constantly insisting that boot solutions need to be adapted to every new OS X release or specifically for SIP. The only boot solutions that need an update are boot loaders (no, Clover and Ozmosis are not boot loaders), such as Chameleon or macosxbootloader. SIP is an OS X feature that is controlled entirely by boot.efi and OS X. OS X sets the data (more specifically csrutil), boot.efi reads the data - no need for Ozmosis or any other boot solution not launching the kernel directly to be updated.

Yes, Clover had an update to set those variables, but that is primarily for legacy boards using EmuVariable, so you don't need to re-set the variables every time NVRAM.plist gets deleted for some reason - and no, it is not essential, you could set it manually in nvram.plist as well. Ozmosis' concept of the Defaults.plist is pretty much equivalent to Clover's concept of RtVariables, except that Clover needs to be adapted to accept new keys.

Hey, lose the horse, men, no need to be that aggressive, the reason of this site is to help each other, anyway, if I am not wrong the bios of this board is in itself a boot loader with Chameleon integrated or, at least that is what The King says in this post a the beginning of this treat. #3 icon_share.png

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

InsanelyMac Legend

• av-53345.jpg?_r=0
  • Retired Developers
  • Retired-Dev.png
  • 852 posts
I am one of the motherboard developers(ACPI and UEFI customizations).so few inputs from me:
- This board will require minimal (to none on future) user input for OS (X) boot, AOS stands for ALL OS, so is not just a board for hackint0sh, we are developing it for Windows and Linux too.
- It will feature built in UEFI Open Boot Loader and as a future plan built in Chameleon for legacy boot, more info and details later.
- Built in components: Intel 82574L LAN, Intel USB 3.0, TI FW800 2x ports on board and x1 FW400 on back, HD4000 Graphics(require CPU support), ALC892 Audio Codec, and 2x Cactus Ridge Thunderbolt ports all this in Micro ATX form factor.
- All built in components works OOTB with our custom firmware(exception is audio).

and that is what I was talking about. All of you are confused in what I was talking about, I use chriss1111 tool only to make the installer and boot it, after that you boot normally to the OS with the Osmosis bios. If I am wrong you can correct me, but, be more polite, please.

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 132 posts
Sorry, but what makes you think I'm aggressive? I asked if you were aware and in my opinion 'I'm a little irritated' is polite. If you want me to say 'I'm sorry to ask, but I think you might [...]' I have to disappoint you, I try to keep my forum posts rather short and neutral after experiences I made in the past... If it's due to the lack of emoticons, see before.

On topic, I will just quote what you quoted and highlight a few words: '- It will feature built in UEFI Open Boot Loader and as a future plan built in Chameleon for legacy boot, more info and details later.'
So, THe KiNG said that Chameleon might be added later for legacy boot. As Ozmosis is only working in UEFI mode and Chameleon is and always was a legacy solution, both exclude each other.
And yes, he called it a 'Boot Loader', but this is simply common tongue. Technically though it isn't as it is boot.efi to pass control to the kernel, the way it is on Macs. This is not a critic at the usage of the term though, but rather a notice of a misconception.

elviejo

elviejo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Okay, my bad, and you don't need to "disappoint" me, the only thing that I ask is, for the people with better knowledge, to work toward a better experience for all of us, the real reason why this site exist.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy