iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

eep357

112 posts in this topic

Do you have xcode command line tools installed? It's the first thing I install when setting up OSX so didn't occur to me it may be needed. Launch xcode, go to preferences>downloads and install them there.

No you do not need a USB every time, this is a safety precaution so that if you don't configure something correctly in Clover, you can still boot into your system and fix things. Once your confident your USB bootloader is set up properly and everything works, you can then run the package installer again and target your primary hard drive, then copy your config files from the USB over to the corresponding locations on your main hard drive. If at all possible DO IT ON A USB FIRST!

No, keep it intact so you can still boot with Chameleon if you have to. Just copy your DSDT to /

there are other places DSDT can go instead, but for simplicity, just copy it to / and read the Clover instructions linked in guide if you want to start tinkering around with it later. (Read them either way)

I left everything alone and just followed the prompts in terminal asked by CloverGrower.

Thank you to all of those who contributed to fixing this problem. Now I'm running at 100% full compatibility on a Lenovo M91P. :thumbsup_anim:

Do we remove anything from our current /Extra folder at all?

• Like 1

Thanks for the guide eep357!

Few hints from me ...

I noticed that some guys with UEFI boards are ending up with no OSX volumes when they start Clover. That happens because installer by default does not install needed UEFI drivers needed for UEFI boot to the stick. And users are choosing "UEFI: <the name of the stick>" when booting from it. More about it here.

Another hint is to try to add to get native resolution by video bios patching. In config.plist, in Graphics section, PatchVBios option:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>PatchVBios</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
</dict>

Not guaranteed to work for everybody, but it usually works with ATI cards, Intel and some Nvidia. Some Nvidia may end up with black border, but that can be resolved only by moding the card bios. Standard BIOS CloverEFI users do not need anything else, but UEFI users require additional CsmVideoDxe-64.efi driver to be added to /efi/drivers64UEFI (available with installer).

One more hint is to try putting mouse driver (UsbMouseDxe-64.efi or Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi - also available via installer) to /Efi/drivers64 (for standard CloverEFI BIOS mode). Not the best mouse experience possible, but it works. :)

• Like 1

I booted in with the USB fine after having installed Clover, so I installed the package from what CloverGrower made me onto my main HDD /, copied the values from SMBios, but I still cant log into messages.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>en:0</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>LegacyBoot</key>
 <string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
 <key>Speed</key>
 <string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
 <dict>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>gAeoAqAF</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>gAeoAjgE</data>
 </dict>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>QT8362N5XYK234567</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0803691410</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-F42C36C8</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>QT8362N5XYK</string>
</dict>
</plist>

i have a laptop with hd4000 and ati 7650m, and cant install clover. if i install in the usb, the screen blinks for 2 or 3 seconds, a 7 apears in the left upper corner and nothing more happens.. if i install in the hdd, get boot1 error.

i format in the correct way, try with dsdt and without, install default and boot legacy and uefi. nothing works.

please, what can i do? thanks!

I've been doing a DSDT-less boot with UEFI on my Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 via Chameleon and I'm still timid about Clover for that reason. I appreciate the guide and the information, I never thought I'd be learning a new bootloader, but then again I thought the same thing when I learned LILO.

• Like 1

i have a laptop with hd4000 and ati 7650m, and cant install clover. if i install in the usb, the screen blinks for 2 or 3 seconds, a 7 apears in the left upper corner and nothing more happens.. if i install in the hdd, get boot1 error.

i format in the correct way, try with dsdt and without, install default and boot legacy and uefi. nothing works.

please, what can i do? thanks!

after the 7 appears, just wait like 2-3 mins, trust me. It's just having a little trouble reading something on there, but will come up eventually.
  • Like 1

I've try to change serial but none edits works....

It's randomly generated a serial by Clover.

What I have to do?

I've the "Call Support" error. I tried to change the password, but none of these methods work.

I've try to change serial but none edits works....

It's randomly generated a serial by Clover.

What I have to do?

I've the "Call Support" error. I tried to change the password, but none of these methods work.

You didn't have a randomly generated serial # when using Chameleon, you had one in your smbios and it's the same one you should be using now. That information should have been copied (by you) into the Clover config.plist, along with renaming of the 's to match the Clover format.

Hmm, that's weird - this used to simply say Mac Pro, but says Mac Pro,3.1 now

[edit] just realized my phone number was in that screenshot

Dear Daniel,

Your Apple ID (danielxxxxxxx@gmail.com) was used to sign in to iMessage on a Mac Pro named “MacPro3,1”.

No host/computer name set in Preferences>Sharing, so default's to that. Changing stuffs will cause it to be erased for that location. Just retype it and hit enter. And I added quite a few missing keys to your SMBIOS section that could also play a part...In a good way I would hope :)

• Like 1