Exclusive InsanelyMac member survey: enter now to win $50 iTunes vouchers

Meshaal

13 posts in this topic

Dear InsanelyMac Members,

I am Meshaal Alotaibi. I am a PhD candidate at Curtin University, Perth, Australia. I am currently conducting a research (online survey) on members’ engagement in InsanelyMac community as a part of my academic thesis.

I kindly ask you as members of this forum to participate in this online survey by clicking the link below. I truly appreciate your participation and assure you that the survey will only take five to seven minutes of your valuable time.

Your participation in this survey is completely voluntary and you may withdraw from participation at any time.

The survey will adhere to the University’s ethical guidelines. More details are explained in the first page of the survey.

As a thank you note, a draw will be held where 8 members will be randomly selected to win a $50 iTunes gift voucher.

Please Note: if you come across the iPhone brand ( and you are non iPhone user), think of your own brand instead.

https://curtin.asia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_d6BwpTGp2cvo4OF

Guys the draw has been extended to 24/Feb/2013.

• Like 3

I'm here for hackintoshing (Installing OS X on a PC), not for anything iPhone related. I wish I could take back my answers for the iPhone and put hackintosh in it's place, much like DamnedCat did for his/her iPad. If there's anything I can do to rectify my responses, please let me know, and I'll gladly do it!

• Like 1

I am impressed with his forthrightness. Laying out all the information before you start. Giving people a place to dbl check to make sure its all legit. I remember masters thesis candidates trolling my school campus every spring with survey questions that we're so specific and not really meant for a general academic population. This is of course back before the internet was commercialized - YES I am that old!

Good luck with your thesis!

• Like 1

I'm here for hackintoshing (Installing OS X on a PC), not for anything iPhone related. I wish I could take back my answers for the iPhone and put hackintosh in it's place, much like DamnedCat did for his/her iPad. If there's anything I can do to rectify my responses, please let me know, and I'll gladly do it!

First of all, thank you for your participation. I understand that the "iPhone" makes a bit of confusion to non-iPhone users and ultimately affect their answers. For the purpose of this research, I have to specify only one brand within smartphone industry. That is why iPhone has been chosen. But, the main purpose of this research is your engagement with online brand community and the brand (it could be any brand).

The only way to rectify your answers is to take it again.

Thank you again

its more about iphone, than the insane community here.

nice would be if you reveal your PhD-theme.

I really appreciate your participation.

Regarding the theme, the title of this research is “customer engagement in online brand communities”. The research examines different variables (perceived benefits from the forum) that might influence members’ helping behaviours. It also examines identification with community’s members and brand engagement (it could be any brand) in relation to helping behaviours. I hope I make it clear.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I participated, but if this is about community, information valuation and benefits to brand I feel there are many better questions that could have been asked. Also the iPhone focus tends to make it seem as if the survey creator didn't really grok the focus the people he was trying to get to participate actually have.

Q: Apple corporate claims publicly that OSX86 is illegal and they don't approve, but legal issues aside they know they benefit greatly from this unofficial "sub-culture."

STRONGLY AGREE :)

iKahuna

• Like 1