• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

FYI  Zackptg5 you are wrong. I am running 1920x1080 on chameleon based loader but no g/a. With clover I can't get it go to that resolution, that was my question.

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Using chameleon, you can force the resolution to 1980x1024 but the native resolution is 1024x768 or whatever. We can't boot with NVDAResman.kext and without it, we can't get g/a

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Well I fixed problem with 660m, I bought a 670m on ebay and replaced. Replacing the video card wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. loaded windows back on laptop first and everything seems fine. Recognized as 670m and tests well. Paid 259 us. If would of known I should of bought laptop with the 670m already installed not the 660m.

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

How did you replace the graphics card? Isn't it saudered into the motherboard or something? I'd like the replace mine too. I have the 670mx (asus g75vx)

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

How did you replace the graphics card? Isn't it saudered into the motherboard or something? I'd like the replace mine too. I have the 670mx (asus g75vx)

No isn't, It wasn't that hard just take your time. Lots of screws and they are all numbered.

Brendan27

Brendan27

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm at a loss, I followed the instructions in the thread to a t, but after the white screen with the Apple on it, it just goes black and my USB stick stops flashing.  I have the 3 gig 670 in my laptop if that makes any different.

I used the thing that cannot be named to create my bootable USB.

Any idea's?

Thanks

UPDATE - Ok, I deleted the NVDAResman.kext from the installer, it installed, and booted into Mountain Lion no problem, I just had 1024x768 resolution.  I installed the Nvidia graphics driver, and now it hangs on the white apple screen.

vladichimescu

vladichimescu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Using Chameleon or Clover renders to the same thing [without DSDT], only one problem, just boot with -v:

- need bios patch with PMPatch or AICPM in bootloader

Other than that, you need only FakeSMC.kext to get system working with full graphics, but you need DSDT patches to get thing working:

- hardware replace the wifi card with one compatible

- DSDT for display backlight level and keyboard light

- DSDT for sleep

- DSDT and .kext for sound

- .kext for keyboard and touchpad

- .kext for lan

[using Clover, select only the following: Install for UEFI motherboard and OsxAptioFixDrv-64]

Brendan27

Brendan27

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Using Chameleon or Clover renders to the same thing [without DSDT], only one problem, just boot with -v:

- need bios patch with PMPatch or AICPM in bootloader

Other than that, you need only FakeSMC.kext to get system working with full graphics, but you need DSDT patches to get thing working:

- hardware replace the wifi card with one compatible

- DSDT for display backlight level and keyboard light

- DSDT for sleep

- DSDT and .kext for sound

- .kext for keyboard and touchpad

- .kext for lan

[using Clover, select only the following: Install for UEFI motherboard and OsxAptioFixDrv-64]

So I just need to install the fakeSMC.ktext for graphics?  I have sound fine and lan without doing anything, is that normal?

vladichimescu

vladichimescu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So I just need to install the fakeSMC.ktext for graphics?  I have sound fine and lan without doing anything, is that normal?

That's interesting... would you send me a pm with some details like the method used, the name of the bootloader and the files ?

I'm always using only manual setup, like creating vanilla usb installer, using bootloader like Chameleon Bootloader [I rather use Clover because of pure UEFI support], DSDT and the kexts needed to activate.. again, I opt for vanilla.

[I have 2x ssd raid0 with Windows, but OS X doesn't support native raid within bios but rather the in-software method]

vladichimescu

vladichimescu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

so...

From my test and render to this result:

-Chameleon bootloader can boot legacy and does just fine with AppleIntelCpu* patch

-Clover is even better providing full resolution in UEFI native with automatic DSDT patch - this is what I recommand, just select Install for UEFI motherboard and select only OsxAptioFixDrv !

I had full graphics with QE/CI and most working, so I used:

- MacBookPro10,1 retina early2013 definitions

- FakeSMC.kext from https://code.google..../downloads/list

- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext for keyboard and touch [use from my host as it's edited to have perfect layout US] http://vladichimescu...tra/Extensions/

- AtherosL1cEthernet.kext for LAN http://www.insanelym...ver-for-107108/

What to do next [DSDT]:

- change wifi to AR5B195 and use DSDT for AR9285 to have native wifi [if doesn't work automatically]

- DSDT HDEF + patch AppleHDA.kext + IOAudioFamily.kext [for perfect sound even when waking from sleep]

- DSDT _BIF for native battery + AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

- DSDT ACPI for keyboard ilumination and display brightness level

- DSDT sleep - I had some kind of sleep working with only clean DSDT [when sending to sleep takes a long time but waking is fast: hibernatemode=0 for sleep to ram, however]

the only kernel argument I used and works great is -v for checking everything, but you don't need to ! [for sure do not use others! like npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000! or it will lockup]

As I sold my g75vw, the only thing I can provide is ideas, no testing. [bought the Dell XPS Developer Edition :D great tool for dev]

tical2k

tical2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
You don't happen to have the DSDT you used do you?

vladichimescu

vladichimescu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I didn't make the 'next step' described in the previous post [although I cleaned the DSDT but I haven't moded further to working sound and battery - I could clean it again and provide you as .dsl to further work - there's someone who does the battery _BIF fix and instructions to native sound are already available, just need to read]

- use DSDT Patcher to extract the DSDT.dsl [not the compiled .aml] and post a html report using CPU-Z -last tab in the program], I will clean the DSDT for you [I sold my g75vw and don't seem to find my DSDT]

Read my previous post as I explained you don't need DSDT for first steps http://www.insanelym...-3#entry1949206

sandman007

sandman007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I didn't make the 'next step' described in the previous post [although I cleaned the DSDT but I haven't moded further to working sound and battery - I could clean it again and provide you as .dsl to further work - there's someone who does the battery _BIF fix and instructions to native sound are already available, just need to read]

- use DSDT Patcher to extract the DSDT.dsl [not the compiled .aml] and post a html report using CPU-Z -last tab in the program], I will clean the DSDT for you [I sold my g75vw and don't seem to find my DSDT]

Read my previous post as I explained you don't need DSDT for first steps http://www.insanelym...-3#entry1949206

Hey Vlad. I have a G46VW. I think Mac OS X has never been installed on this laptop b4 and so I am having trouble getting things working. I have things working like sound and the onboard Intel HD4000. But other things do not work like my GTX 660M  or Keyboard backlights or HDMI. If I sent you my DSDT would you be able to make the proper edit? Thanks!

tical2k

tical2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hey Vlad. I have a G46VW. I think Mac OS X has never been installed on this laptop b4 and so I am having trouble getting things working. I have things working like sound and the onboard Intel HD4000. But other things do not work like my GTX 660M  or Keyboard backlights or HDMI. If I sent you my DSDT would you be able to make the proper edit? Thanks!

Three things... 

1.  Yes os x has been installed on this laptop.  Been running it since Feb.  HMDI works fine for graphics.  I think a dsdt edit for sound. 

2.  HD4000 is DISABLED for this machine.  Can you please enlighten me as to how you enabled it?  I think the ASUS engineers might be interested in this as well.

3.  I posted a very simply edited DSDT on page 2.

sandman007

sandman007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Three things...
1. Yes os x has been installed on this laptop. Been running it since Feb. HMDI works fine for graphics. I think a dsdt edit for sound.
2. HD4000 is DISABLED for this machine. Can you please enlighten me as to how you enabled it? I think the ASUS engineers might be interested in this as well.
3. I posted a very simply edited DSDT on page 2.

I think you are a little confused. As I said above I have a G46 NOT a G75. I know os x has never been installed on the G46 b4 and there is no dsdt for the G46. Also the G46 has optimus and the G75 does not. The dsdt you mentioned will not work on the G46. I am in no hurry for a dsdt ATM as my mobo died last week. I will be RMAimg it to Asus tomorrow.

tical2k

tical2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

You're right.  I am confused.  I thought this topic was "Installing Mountain Lion on Asus G75VW"  I apologize.

sandman007

sandman007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

You're right.  I am confused.  I thought this topic was "Installing Mountain Lion on Asus G75VW"  I apologize.

I didn't ask for sarcasm. If you can't help then don't respond. Where else am I supposed to post my question? There isn't a thread for this laptop. Its very similar to the G75 but some things are different. If you can't help then don't post

tical2k

tical2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I didn't ask for sarcasm. If you can't help then don't respond. Where else am I supposed to post my question? There isn't a thread for this laptop. Its very similar to the G75 but some things are different. If you can't help then don't postN

Have you ever heard of starting a new thread? Novel idea I know.  Hope this helps!

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,789 posts

hi guys   :)

@sandman007

indeed, you are in asus g75vw laptop thread, it would be more helpful for you to open a dedicated  thread for your asus g46vw laptop   ;)

good luck

cordially

sandman007

sandman007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@sandman007

indeed, you are in asus g75vw laptop thread, it would be more helpful for you to open a dedicated  thread for your asus g46vw laptop    ;)

good luck

cordially

I have tried this. I got no respones in a week. Thats why I posted here, I figured I have better luck posting here vs a thread that gets no responses and gets buried in the forum. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy