Stevil, on 10 January 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:
I dont know if this problem has already been covered. I need the fix for iMessage and already made the needed Clover USB-Stick. My system is z77n-hackintosh and it runs stable with the chimera bootloader and Mountain Lion.
But when I try to boot with the clover USB-Stick it does not show my "Mountain Lion"-HDD, just some strange icon with "Boot Legacy" under it. By choosing that it starts the chimera bootloader instead of booting up Mountain Lion directly.
What am I doing wrong?
You have probably started Clover in UEFI mode, but you did not installed required drivers for UEFI boot in /EFI/drivers64UEFI folder. You can:
1. Do BIOS Clover boot: when selecting USB stick to boot, do not choose "UEFI: <the name of the stick>", but "<the name of the stick option>" from BIOS selection screen
- this should give you Clover menu and all OSX entries
2. Do UEFI Clover boot ("UEFI: <the name of the stick>"), but for this you need:
2.1 to add slide=0 in config.plist
2.2 and you need some drivers in /Efi/drivers64UEFI folder: FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
- start installer again, choose "Customize" and then select "Drivers64UEFI" option and install it to USB stick over existing install
- then delete all from that /Efi/drivers64UEFI folder except FSInject-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
- and then search the web for HFSPlus.efi driver, for example: from here
and put it to /Efi/drivers64UEFI
2.3 and then try starting from USB with "UEFI: <the name of the stick>"