OS X 10.8.3 all Builds !

fantomas

328 posts in this topic

Here is ioreg http://www.mediafire...57mx35k16snn754

Also I did a fresh install of 10.8

Then applied 10.8.3 and using certain tool (not sure if I can name it here), finished the setup with DSDT-Free Option, GraphicsEnabler=No, iMac12.2, plus other motherboard specific stuff. Ofcourse I set AtiCOnfig=Aji using CW.

Boots perfectly until white screen(s). Send it to sleep - wake up - and I am at desktop.

Two screens, full resolution, luxmark reports 1762 (7970 @stock)

Still no framebuffer loaded but from what you have said is livable until 10.8.3 goes final.

Still no framebuffer loaded but from what you have said is livable until 10.8.3 goes final.

So DSDT injection is still needed before final is released? I had a DSDT with injected buffer (before fresh install) and I was getting same numbers in benchmarks. Yet still had to do sleep&awake for gpu to start up.

from 10.8.3 build 12D38 seed note:

Known Issues

- After waking from sleep, some background graphics may draw in black

- When switching between applications using Command+Tab, the icons may draw in black

- Using VNC to control Macs without monitors may only show a blank screen

- Early 2011 MacBook Pros may not recognize external monitors

Sweet worked, I had to have Monitor pugged into last GPU.

Edit : update so it really isn't the third GPU. Unplugging and plugging monitor back in is helping, thats why I was confused. So currently this is what I have to do to boot. I have two cords from my monitor plugged in. GPU1 DVI port, GPU2 DisplayPort, and GPU2 also needs a Dummy Plug (http://www.geeks3d.c...vga-dummy-plug/).

This boots first to a white screen on the DVI port on GPU1. Then I change the Display source to DisplayPort and it works. Before without the dummy plug when I changed the source it would go to a screen with just desktop background with cursor and full resolution. I'm pretty sure this can be fixed without a dummy plug into the DVI.

Which boot loader are you using ? also , are you booting from the HD or the USB ?

Bootloader is in Post #39 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Chutoro from a Hard Drive. The Aji had allocation error. Though RampageDev said my framebuffer isn't loading. My benchmarks are equal to yours. You have Ghz bios on your card. I have bios with 925mhz default clock. Thats why my benchmark is slightly slower then yours in Galaxies.

Bootloader is in Post #39 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Chutoro from a Hard Drive. The Aji had allocation error. Though RampageDev said my framebuffer isn't loading. My benchmarks are equal to yours. You have Ghz bios on your card. I have bios with 925mhz default clock. Thats why my benchmark is slightly slower then yours in Galaxies.

Ok ! i ask because i can't boot from my HD ( guid partition scheme ) always show the fancy characters .....but i can boot fine from usb ( mbr partition scheme) .... i have also installed this boot in the HD and USB...

Pdt, i don't have any bios installed in my card , is the MSI original one ( mi card is the reference design ) , also i don't have my system OC .. just 3.5 Ghz max speed step , the only think is , i'm using the Aji Fb injected to de DSDT ( thanks to ramapage dev ! )

• Like 1

Ok ! i ask because i can't boot from my HD ( guid partition scheme ) always show the fancy characters .....but i can boot fine from usb ( mbr partition scheme) .... i have also installed this boot in the HD and USB...

Pdt, i don't have any bios installed in my card , is the MSI original one ( mi card is the reference design ) , also i don't have my system OC .. just 3.5 Ghz max speed step , the only think is , i'm using the Aji Fb injected to de DSDT ( thanks to ramapage dev ! )

Yeah you do have ghz bios on your card you even state that in your signature. This is what "GHZ Edition" means it means the two 7970 chips on your video card are clocked to 1000mhz or more. The default bios on 7970 is clocked to 925mhz which is what I have. The only thing I can't figure out is MSI doesn't seem to make a 7990 with Ghz edition. They only make a 7970 Ghz edition, but that doesn't matter. My point is any 7xxx series card that is labeled "Ghz edition or OC editon" has a different bios on the card which makes it about 7%-8% faster in benchmarks. This is why on Galaxies thread your card beats my card by about that much. But I could flash my card if I like to a different bios/firmware if I want. I can make a custom bios of 1100mhz if I want to. But I don't really see the need to in OSX. In windows this can be changed with software which is really the only time you need the boast I would say would be in gaming. With that said enjoy! you got a nice card.

Yeah you do have ghz bios on your card you even state that in your signature. This is what "GHZ Edition" means it means the two 7970 chips on your video card are clocked to 1000mhz or more. The default bios on 7970 is clocked to 925mhz which is what I have. The only thing I can't figure out is MSI doesn't seem to make a 7990 with Ghz edition. They only make a 7970 Ghz edition, but that doesn't matter. My point is any 7xxx series card that is labeled "Ghz edition or OC editon" has a different bios on the card which makes it about 7%-8% faster in benchmarks. This is why on Galaxies thread your card beats my card by about that much. But I could flash my card if I like to a different bios/firmware if I want. I can make a custom bios of 1100mhz if I want to. But I don't really see the need to in OSX. In windows this can be changed with software which is really the only time you need the boast I would say would be in gaming. With that said enjoy! you got a nice card.

Ok take apart the bios and other stuff ... can you give me more details about your boot configuration ? Ie: guid or mbr partition , or if you are using another thing......because i can't boot from my hd... :( always i boot from my HD no matter what boot loader use i get this screen... the only way to make it work for me is booting from a USB whit mbr partition scheme.

post-9070-0-00616800-1354474067_thumb.jpg

Ok take apart the bios and other stuff ... can you give me more details about your boot configuration ? Ie: guid or mbr partition , or if you are using another thing......because i can't boot from my hd... :( always i boot from my HD no matter what boot loader use i get this screen... the only way to make it work for me is booting from a USB whit mbr partition scheme.

I been able to boot with MBR and GPT and USB. I can boot with clover and bootloader linked in post 39. however booting with clover the OpenGL bench marks are about half the speed. I think that would be proof its not loading framebuffer. However the Bootloader in Post 39 seems to work for me on Guid or MBR with great OpenGl benchmarks. I'm not really sure why your getting that error. But I have seen it before I just don't remember how I got to that screen before. My issue is I can't boot with a DSDT at all. I really wish I could because I need sound edits. Can your please read your PM I asked if you would send me your DSDT so I can Compare it with mine, and compare it with the DSDT I got from RampageDev.

I been able to boot with MBR and GPT and USB. I can boot with clover and bootloader linked in post 39. however booting with clover the OpenGL bench marks are about half the speed. I think that would be proof its not loading framebuffer. However the Bootloader in Post 39 seems to work for me on Guid or MBR with great OpenGl benchmarks. I'm not really sure why your getting that error. But I have seen it before I just don't remember how I got to that screen before. My issue is I can't boot with a DSDT at all. I really wish I could because I need sound edits. Can your please read your PM I asked if you would send me your DSDT so I can Compare it with mine, and compare it with the DSDT I got from RampageDev.

Mp sent ;)

Also i see why you can boot fine from a GUID partition scheme... you have more than one gpu in your system.

But it make my ask is you need the sleep trick to make work your 7970 ?

Mp sent ;)

Also i see why you can boot fine from a GUID partition scheme... you have more than one gpu in your system.

But it make my ask is you need the sleep trick to make work your 7970 ?

I have one Cable connected to GPU1 and one Cable connected to GPU2 both cables going to the same monitor. When I boot I just change sources. I don't put it to sleep. But I think sleep trick would work.

Update:

I add some card and correct minus mistake (some new card was set to Bulrushes and not to Aji).

Anyway no guarantee about this work...

REMOVED

REMOVED

As before:

GraphicsEnabler = Yes

EnableHDMIAudio = Yes

AtiConfig =

Aji Buri Chutoro Dashimaki Ebi Gari Futomaki

Hamachi OPM Ikura IkuraS

PS: Also update your THEME!!!! from rev-2050+ there is OS X detection into Chameleon GUI.

Have fun!

Fabio

• Like 1

Update:

I add some card and correct minus mistake (some new card was set to Bulrushes and not to Aji).

Anyway no guarantee about this work...

As before:

GraphicsEnabler = Yes

EnableHDMIAudio = Yes

AtiConfig =

Aji Buri Chutoro Dashimaki Ebi Gari Futomaki

Hamachi OPM Ikura IkuraS

PS: Also update your THEME!!!! from rev-2050+ there is OS X detection into Chameleon GUI.

Have fun!

Fabio

Boot tested from a USB (Guid partition) and it work fine !

Thanks Fabio !

Hi

My card HD 7750

Loader Enoch-rev.2137-TEST

GraphicsEnabler = Yes

AtiConfig = Chutoro

Only boots in safe mode, the desktop no loaded. When I go to another computer via remote desktop, I see that ATI7000Controller.kext not loaded. Thanks for any help.

post-121333-0-58020400-1355140707_thumb.png

post-121333-0-97296400-1355140718_thumb.png

post-121333-0-79856700-1355140736_thumb.png

Hi

My card HD 7750

Loader Enoch-rev.2137-TEST

GraphicsEnabler = Yes

AtiConfig = Chutoro

Only boots in safe mode, the desktop no loaded. When I go to another computer via remote desktop, I see that ATI7000Controller.kext not loaded. Thanks for any help.

well as I say before... no guarantee with this.

I see your card is a 0x683F... can you find also the subs?

I add more 0x683F card and set his FB to Chutoro.. pls test it.

Enoch-rev.2137-TEST2.pkg.zip

Enoch-TEST2-2137-i386.zip

Fabio

Does eas personality define any other information about graphics card other than number and type of ports?

I have DVI-D HDMI and two mini DP. There GHZ version (I think) with same ports but bios has gpu clocked to 1GHz.

Just trying to see