• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

ArcticZero

ArcticZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Update: Replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the SL version got me past that. Now it's stuck at "PCI Configuration begin" doing nothing.

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
use this IOPCIFamily-115 kext ported to work with new AppleACPIPlatform.
http://www.mediafire...8tclbv923xiflyx try this kext link

ArcticZero

ArcticZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Repairing permissions worked, actually. I was finally able to boot into Mountain Lion. Thanks! :)
Also apparently FakeSMC.kext didn't copy over even if I remember doing so (noticed this while trying to set permissions for it via terminal).

Anyway, ML didn't detect my ethernet card for some reason, so I don't have internet access. Any idea how I can fix this so I can start debugging everything else?

P.S. I have the 10.7 Lion Rampage III Extreme DSDT. Should I just drop this into /Extra/ on my install directory and it should work just like that? Not sure how to install it.

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
yes you can do that. but i copy and past. but 10.7 mite be diffrent to 10.8 dsdt file

http://rampagedev.wo...-mountain-lion/ try here for internet kext

you need to look up your motherboard internet chipset and then find the kext file look on the asus site in specfactions

find out your internet chip set asus web site and look for the kest that suits the chip set

ArcticZero

ArcticZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Apparently my built in gigabit ethernet is an Intel 82567V-2. Though I can't see any ML kexts for it.

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
sorry ive had a quick look for you. cant find one but you will have to do the leg work. there one out there just have to finding it. or use a computable internet card

http://www.insanelym...elethernetkext/
try this

ArcticZero

ArcticZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

sorry ive had a quick look for you. cant find one but you will have to do the leg work. there one out there just have to finding it. or use a computable internet card

http://www.insanelym...elethernetkext/
try this

Thank you for helping me so far. Unfortunately that didn't work either. Installed the later kext from that topic, but still don't have ethernet even after a reboot.

Anyone here have the same type of ethernet card?

UPDATE: Got Ethernet working using M u l t i B e a s t, installed AppleIntelE1000e.kext and it worked like a charm. GTX 680 works OOB, so all that's left now is my X-Fi Xtremegamer card. :)

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
you mite get on board sound working but i dont think theres any kext for that card. you have to consider what apple use. when you think of hardware not what you wish to work

ps put soved on your topic

ArcticZero

ArcticZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I've heard reports of certain X-Fi cards working using certain versions if VoodooHDA, so I suppose that would be my next step. Topic marked as solved. :)

Thanks for all the help!

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

I've heard reports of certain X-Fi cards working using certain versions if VoodooHDA, so I suppose that would be my next step. Topic marked as solved. :)

Thanks for all the help!

Congrats. Enjoy hackintosh :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: install, mountain lion, rampage III extreme, gtx 680, x58, i7 930

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy