Intel 82567V-2 - OpenIntelEthernet.kext?

AlwaysATiger

6 posts in this topic

Anyone manage to get this onboard LAN working? I know it works because when I tried out Psystar's Rebel EFI loader, it works using their OpenIntelEthernet.kext from boot....

I tried taking their kext (what's good for them is good for us right? ;) ) and dropping it into /S/L/E - but it did nothing, do I need to reference it somewhere?

• 3 months later...
SOLVED - their kext doesn't support 64-bit, so booted with arch=i386 and voila, working LAN! Anyone who wants to steal this too, it's available at www.kext.com....

Shame they didn't make it 64-bit too :D

Yes.. I can confirm it. im using the 82567V Intel Onboard ethernet, too and it is running well with this kext.

i forgot to say i'm using Leopard 10.5.8

OpenIntelEthernet.kext.zip

• 8 months later...
Yes.. I can confirm it. im using the 82567V Intel Onboard ethernet, too and it is running well with this kext.

i forgot to say i'm using Leopard 10.5.8

Did it work? i got DP43TF motherboard with Intel gigabit 82567V-2 im looking for enthernet answer everywhere and i can´t get it =(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I can also confirm this works for me. but my question is does booting <key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string> make my system 32bit. My guess is yes it seems pretty obvious. I know this might sound newbeish but thats because I am to the OSX86 community. Actually I just successfully installed iAtkos S3 v2 so this is only my second hakintosh. The reason Im concerned is because I can probably find a compatible WiFi card and keep it at 64 bit. Everything works perfect on 10.6.8 except the ethernet card. The only thing that really doesnt work is the app store, it seems I cant log in says my credentials are wrong and to contact support or something along that line. Actually the exact error is "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

Anyone wanna help me out here Thank you in advanced. ;)