First of all I have to give Credts to artur-pt, Cassio, ErmaC, El Conelingo, Gothic80, janek202. Joshhh, koziek, Maldl0n, Modgilani, Revogirl RIP, the members of olarilia.com and all the others, I can not remember by name any more. I thank you all very much for your work, which made my install possible.
I consider myself not responsible for destroying the hard- or software of your system by using my guide and package. To use them is your own risk.
I am not very new to Hackintosh. I have stuck for years on 10 6. on my desktop, because I did not want, to change a running system, that for my usage has ben sufficient. I have very much profited from the knowledge of this community, without being able to give something new back. For my being in debt I hope, that I can do this now a little bit.
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e320 (Ver. 1298), Core i5 2450m, Radeon 6630m, 8 GB ram, SSD 240 GB OCZ VERTEX III thin. Dualboot WIN7 OSX 10 8.2 on MBR formated HD with Chameleon boot loader.
OOB with SMBios MacBookPro 8.2 has been working:
HD3000 with full QE/CI in resolution 1366x768x32 and HDMI Video
ESATA III-USB Combo,
Bluetooth (but not native)
Keyboard with partial FN-keys
Trackpad as mouse
Bluetooth as native (switchable)
Battery - AC ( with recognized switching)
With additional DSDT.aml:
Internel and external Mic (not proofed)
Line-in-out autoswitchiing to headphones
FN-Keys for sound, brithness and play (in Bios standard and legacy mode)
Native Power Management with sieep after switching to SMBios of MacBookPro 8.1 Therefore is a pin patched Kext needed.
For working WI-FI I have changed to a withe listed Bios 1.17 mod and installed a half mini Pci-e card from a Q10 with Atheros 928x chip. It´s native working with enabled Airdrop. (I don´t give the Bios mod away. Please don´t ask me. You can find it on the usual place. If you don't no where, Google is your friend. I can also not guarantee, that it will work for you and don´t destroy your hardware. It is your own risk to use the mod.)
What does not work:
Wi-FI with Intel card
Trackpad with gesture after sleep
For my install I have used the following software:
Chameleon- Enoch trunk [PKG r2064] by ErmaC:
http://www.insanelym...__ enoch trunk
(For download you have to register, but it´s for free.)
FakeSMC with HWSensors Koziek trunk:
But now let´s go!
I assume, that you have done a copy of the Mac OSX Base System on a USB device or a hard disk partition. Till to this stage an for other basics you can follow other guides. (e.g. http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/ ) If you prepare your OSX partition before the install, name it for keeping things so simple as possible "ML" (without quotes). Even if you do that during installation process use this name convention.
Important: Partion your usb install device as MBR. Otherwise you can not boot it.
(TFX thanks for the reminder I have forgotten this al first.)
1. Download my package from below an place it unpacked on the desktop of your running OSX installation. (Should be at least 10 6.8)
2. Copy the above listed software unpacked in the folder EDGE/Tools.
3. Install Chameleon, only in standard mode, on your new Mac OSX Base System. Then copy the Extra folder with complete content from EDGE/Preinstall over to the root of your install device.
4. Open Kext Wizard, activate the option of upbacking Kexts, drop all Kexts from folder EDGE/Preinstall/Extensions on the installation window for Kexts of Kext Wizard. Install all these Kexts to your install disk to S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions). Then repair with Kext Wizard for a correct install of the new Kexts permissions and update caches of your install device. Copy the Backup folder from your Desktop to folder EDGE.
5. Copy the complete folder EDGE from your desktop to the root of your install disk. Now you are done for install Mountain Lion. (For direct, bootable install on internal HD MBR format it is necessary to patch the install image, if you have not done it before. The patched files with description of path are in my pack in folder Patches-Edits.)
5.a If you do the install with 10 8.0, download the ComboUpdate 10 08.2 from Apple and copy the .dmg file to the root of your install disk.
6. Enable in Bios all advanced settings for CPU and PowerManagement and set SATA to AHCI and also Bios Option itselt al least to Both. Disable in Bios Bluetooth. (For installation no external Keyboard or amuse is needed)
7. Boot from your Install device and install OSX on the HD partition of your choice. After installation has successfully finished, restart.
8. Boot once more from Install disk and fire up from menu Utilities Terminal In the window type the following command:
cp -r /edge/preinstall/extensions/*.kext /volumes/ml/system/library/extensions/
(This command can only work in this way, if you have followed my suggested name conventions. If you have not done so, you have to correct the path.) If everything is fine, you see after a few seconds in the next line once more bash#. To control, if you have done everything all right. is short and very easy. You have just to type cd, press space and mark with your mouse the path before beginning with / vol… to the end, do copy and paste in the way of your choice and press enter. In the appearing list after executing the command: ls, you should see among many other kexts fakesmc.kext and nullcpupowermangagement.kext. Then everything till now went fine.
Terminal at this stage use a keyboard with "qwerty" layout. The special keys differ complete to the "qwertz" layout of my keyboard. Here is, where to find the most important keys:
y = z
z = y
- = ß
= = ´
/ = -
* = Shift + 8
" = Shift + ä
End of Excursus.
9. Now you can close Terminal and open Disk Utility in Menu Utilities. Repair Disk Permissions of Volume "ML." After this process has finished, close Disk Utility and select restart in Apple Menu.
10. Boot from the boot loader of your install disk to your fresh installed "ML" installation and follow the login steps. But skip the ICloud an Registration part. You must later on activate ICloud after finished installation.
11. After you have reached the desktop, copy from your install device the folder Edge to your desktop and do a Chameleon standard mode install on Volume "ML". After sucessfull installation copy the Extra folder from the root of your install disk to the root of your volume "ML".
11a. If you have done the install from 10 8.0 install the ComboUpdate 10 8.2 on Volume "ML" and press at the end of this process restart. Then you have to repeat step 8 and 9. Back on the desktop of "ML" follow step 12.
12. Then start Kext Wizard and install all Kexts from EDGE/PostInstall/Extensions/ in the way of step 4 to your Volume "ML" S/L/E. You should also try my DSDT.aml in Folder EGDE/PostInstall/Extra. It should work on all other e320 even without 6630m. copy the DSDT.aml over to the Extra folder of "ML". After a new reboot with Chameleon boot options -v -f you should have working sound (even HDMI audio) on your new installed Mountain Lion System, if my DSDT.aml is working. Also the Battery - AC indicator and native Bluetooth are working. You can activate it, after you have enabled it in Bios. You have working network over ethernet too.
13. Now it is time to personalize your system as unique. Open Chameleon Wizard in folder Tools and edit your SMBios.plist of MacBookPro 8.1 to get a unique SMSerial. The one, that you use until this point isn´t unique. Save your edits to your existing Plist. After a restart you should be able to activate ICloud and the Appstore. I don´t use this things on my e320, therefore I have not tried it by myself.
14. If everything has gone fine until now, it is time to activate Power Management as native. You just have to move nullcpupowermanagement.kext form S/L/E to Trash and do the same with System/Library/Caches "Cöm.Apple.Kext.Caches". Restart for first time with the Chameleon boot options: -v -f. If you arrive again on your desktop, Power Management is native working.
14a. If you get Kernel Panics at first time, try to boot with the boot options from above once or twice more again. If even this does not work, you have to install nullcpupowermangement.kext again back on your system following step 8 an 9 of this guide. If your System is so far up and running, you have to create your own DSDT.aml. Even if my DSDT is working, it is a good idea to create an own one. A short Howto and the necessary edits for getting HDMI audio working, are in my package.
15. To get HWSensors working, you have to install a package like I use.
16. If you use an external DVD, it is necessary to patch the DVD Player Framework, before you use the Player for the first time. The patch is in my pack. It is not only by me confirmed working.
17. If you want, you can try the optional Kexts for the trackpad and nub. You just have to install them. Trackpad and nub are working but freezing and losing their function after sleep. I have looked for a long time around, but I have not found a solution for that until now. For enabling sleep without native Power Management a kext is in the package too.
I know, that my package is by far not a complete solution and a very simple to do thing for absolute beginners.
Because of nearly identical hardware it can be a basis to get the EDGE e420 and e520 up too. But to try this, is to your own.
It would be very nice to share any of your improvements of my package with the community.
Last but not least I have to say, that, without wanting to be bigheaded, impolite or even rude, I do not have the time to give an all in support. Especially I am not able to give support in Hackintosh and OSX basics. Therefore you have to look around and learn something by yourself.
Please play fair and do not upload my guide and package or parts of them on other servers!!!
Thank you in advance.