Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:04 PM
Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:29 PM
Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:52 AM
Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:11 AM
Ok Since we are showing off our systems, here is my Pc & Mac brother and sister machines. The Mac is dual-boot, but is running Osx (obviously) at the moment. The Mac has an Asus P5LD2-VM 945G mb with a p4 630. There are 3 internal hard drive with one removable. The mac is in an acrylic case and the PC is in the cube server. And everything is built into the custom desk I built. Took a while to build it all, but I have a very nice working studio
hey you have a cool looking setup. i am thinking about building a hackintosh, i want to make it have a nice looking case with LEDs etc. and i like that with hackintosh, i can upgrade all the parts when new hardware comes out. do you think this is a good route for me? i wanna have a machine with snow leopard and windows 7 on separate hard drives and be able to pick which one to boot into. i currently have a mid 2007 imac and am finding that i want a faster machine with more hard drive space. and for the same price as a new imac i can build a hackintosh.
Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:30 PM
_MG_0001.jpg 537.26KB 151 downloads
I think I'm finished tinkering on the inside, everything is neat...ish. I want to fabricate a cage to go over the PSU, across the bottom and over the HDD cage. I can't do that for a while, i need a dremel and the money to do so. I also need to put new thermal paste on the heat sink. I had to reseat it 3 times, now the stock thermal paste is crap and in idling in the low 50's. I got some AS-5 on the way from Newegg, so that problem should be gone by the end of the week.
_MG_0005.jpg 789.33KB 164 downloads
Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:09 PM
Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:00 AM
what you see:
- dell 3008fpw
- novation 49sl mk2
- apogee duet
- event tr8 studio monitors
- apple aluminium wired keyboard
- logitech mx revolution mouse
- vantec e-sata 2.5/3.5 dock
all running off the box:
- i7 920 w/ noctua u12p-se2
- gigabyte ex58a-ud3r
- 6gb ddr3-1600
- inno3d 1gb gtx285
- antec earthwatts 650
- 500gb osx drive, 1tb osx data drive
- lian li pc60 case with lots of noctua fans
what you don't see
- a comfy couch behind me
- 15" mbp 2.4 c2d on the desk next to me maxed out to 6gb ram
- unRAID server in the master bedroom walk in robe with asus m4a785t-m and athlon x2 245 with many TB's of storage feeding the whole house via a gigabit network
Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:20 AM
Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:39 PM
Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:14 AM
Mac.jpg 2.21MB 64 downloads
Mac3.jpg 2MB 69 downloads
Mac2.jpg 3.95MB 37 downloads
- Cooler Master HAF monté Mac Pro
- Cooler Master Real Power M850 (1KW 80+)
- Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
- Intel Core i7 920 2.66 Ghz - 8Mo L3
- nVIDIA GeForce GTX260 (x2 montées en SLi)
- 6 Go de DDR3 G.Skill PC8500
- RAID0 Western Digital 640Go*2
- Graveur DVD Sony SATA
- Rhoébus Akasa Fan Control Pro
- Zalman 9900LED (cuivre + LED bleue)
- LG W53 Series W2253V 22" Full HD 1080
- Logitech G5 + QPAD Medium
- Logitech Wave Board
- Creative X-Fi Titanium
- Logitech X-530
- SteelSeries Siberia Red
- iPhone 3GS 32 Go White
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail (acheté à la Fnac)
Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:37 PM
I've been wanting to upload pics for ages, but my computer wasn't ready until now. Here are the specs, mind you this is a bit older machine (bought in 2008) but still a mean machine:
- Intel Core 2 Quad q9300 (non-overclocked) - being cooled by Noctua !
- Abit IP35 Pro - amazing motherboard, too bad Abit is out of game : / (that's why your new Gigabyte motherboard rocks, because many engineers went from Abit to Gigabyte!)
- 8GB DDR2 800 Apacer (I'll sell them and get 1066 modules)
- 2x 250GB HDD and 1 x 500GB... all of them Seagate. I use Time Machine on one 250GB disk, others are for Macintosh partition and files. All HDD's are being cooled by three Coolermaster fans (set to the lowest speed).
- nVidia 8600GT 256mb with CoolerMaster CoolViva passive cooling
- oldschool full tower from Chieftec
- 23inch Acer LCD + Phillips 19inch LCD. Acer is sitting on Ergotron Neo-Flex Arm (cheapest of Ergotron, but enough for me... got it for 40 Euros!).
- All being backed up by FSP1000 UPS (very cheap but still more then enough for my machine). And if you're wondering why do I have Bat-phone on left, it's VoIP (I work from home)...
I rely on this computer heavily, since I use it for work. There's no Windows installed for dualboot (OS X only) but instead all other OS's I need are in virtual machines (VMware Fusion rocks). Mac OS X 10.6.4 is installed (myhack installer, but with Chameleon bootloader). Not much kexts in use. Actually none, just the ones that come with Chameleon (8600GT works with EFI strings, QE/CI full support) and a few from Ricola's guide for my motherboard (thanks man you rock!).
- Replace Phillips LCD with two more Acer 23inch. Get a two GeForce 9500 or something similar. Replace 2x250GB hard drives with four 1TB hard drives (motherboard supports RAID, I just hope that I'll manage to get it recognize by OS X).
Here's benchmark Geekbench - Notice that I actually took time and changed all values of my computer to resemble MacPro1,1 (it's even faster then real Mac Pro 1,1)
And here are 'zi pictures:
If you have any questions, do post them! : )
Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:45 PM
Great wallpaper lost addicted uh? So am I cheers
Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:49 PM
here's my pic, taken last night!
Sweet setup man! Love it. Mainly for the fact that i;m involved in music production too, haha.
Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:38 PM
Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:55 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users