Elan Touchpad Driver

80 posts in this topic

samsung np300e5a-s0cit 10.7.4

Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] init
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] probe
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech magic knock: [ 0x3c, 0x03, 0x00 ]
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech version query result : [ 0x35, 0x0f, 0x00 ]
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] assuming hardware version 3 (with firmware version 0x350f00)
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Synaptics capabilities query result 0x08, 0x17, 0x0c.
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Touchpad range query result 0, 0, 2940, 1400, 0.
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] pktsize result 6.
Aug 31 16:32:25 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] it's ok by now.

But trackpad does not works . . . :glare:

I must be doing something wrong since every one else gets some kind of output in the system log but me. Have you changed the info.plist on the Kext or Plugins?

I must be doing something wrong since every one else gets some kind of output in the system log but me. Have you changed the info.plist on the Kext or Plugins?

Source from gits wont compile on my xcode 4.4 (just 1 warnig about utf but ...)

I used this kext (as is) from the main post through kexthelper

zip.gif ApplePS2Controller-10.7build.kext.zip

That show the presence of the trackpad in kernel log but it doesn't works

Maybe I'm doing something wrong . .

Source from gits wont compile on my xcode 4.4 (just 1 warnig about utf but ...)

I used this kext (as is) from the main post through kexthelper

That show the presence of the trackpad in kernel log but it doesn't works

Maybe I'm doing something wrong . .

I compiled the Git code, and got the Elan Trackpad pluggin from inside the kext to use and also tried with the one in the thread, but didn't get anything on System log.

The objective of the first test is only to get the output shown above and the systems information from everybody that tests.

Logged in to my Ubuntu and got the information bellow from it. --> https://gist.github.com/3614112

I don't have all gestures in Ubuntu. I have the 2 finger tap and scroll.

Finally got something out of the kext, but needed to go to my baddly installed 10.8:

Sep  2 18:20:46 asusintosh kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] init
Sep  2 18:20:46 asusintosh kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] probe
Sep  2 18:20:46 asusintosh kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Elantech magic knock: [ 0x3c, 0x03, 0x00 ]

... and that's it. Nothing more then this.

Hi!, Doesn´t work on Vaio VPCEHM0E

Hi, pacovedder,

I have never heard elan on Sony Vaio, are you sure about it?

but the trackpad does no move. kext is loaded.

samsung 300e4a-bd1

Hi, mendietinha and gurzo,

Glad to see elan on Samsung laptops, pls keep trying, thanks.

i know that this is for Elan

i tried many time to find a programmer to continue developing for alps

but failed with that

so hope if Cavendish Qi can continue develop it with Elan OR after finishing this project

Let me try to finish this task at first, thanks. ^_^

Just backed from a boat trip with family and friends families, very tired yesterday.

It looks like I got some data from touchpad tonight, hope I can try more tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hi, pacovedder,

I have never heard elan on Sony Vaio, are you sure about it?

Hi, mendietinha and gurzo,

Glad to see elan on Samsung laptops, pls keep trying, thanks.

Let me try to finish this task at first, thanks. ^_^

Just backed from a boat trip with family and friends families, very tired yesterday.

It looks like I got some data from touchpad tonight, hope I can try more tomorrow.

this will be the greatest victory on my hackintosh history. never so hard to make it work.

let's go!

There was a file in the kernel source with the information about the Elantech touchpad that describes what we needed to get febug info http://kernel.org/do...ut/elantech.txt and his is the site for the identified user that submited the driver to the kernel.org http://arjan.opmeer.net/elantech/.

Here is what i've done: set the driver in debug mode. Saved the system tail into a text file. Posted the file at https://gist.github.com/3620057. After each #### you will find the debug output.

For instance, for the "#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1, 2, 3, 4 Finger swipe up" comment I issued the tail command and then:

1. Pressed one finger to the touchpad, moved the finger up touching the touchpad and lift it up;
  2. Pressed two fingers to the touchpad, moved the fingers up touching the touchpad and lift it up.
  3. Pressed tree fingers to the touchpad, moved the fingers up touching the touchpad and lift it up; &
  4. Pressed four fingers to the touchpad, moved the fingers up touching the touchpad and lift it up.

... and so on.

Here are the commands I issued in Ubuntu to get the debug:

echo "#### Elantecn Debug level 2 (Debug)" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo 0x2 | sudo tee /sys/bus/serio/drivers/psmouse/serio4/debug
echo "#### synclient output" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
synclient >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### xinput output" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
xinput >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### xinput list-props 13" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
xinput list-props 13 >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### xinput test motion output" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
xinput test 13 >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### xinput test double tap output" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
xinput test 13 >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantech debug level 2" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
tail -f /var/log/syslog >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1, 2, 3, 4 Finger tap" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1, 2, 3, 4 Finger swipe up" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1, 2, 3, 4 Finger swipe down" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1, 2, 3, 4 Finger swipe left" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1, 2, 3, 4 Finger swipe right" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo "#### Elantecn Debug level 1 (default)" >> elantech-moreinfo.txt
echo 0x1 | sudo tee /sys/bus/serio/drivers/psmouse/serio4/debug

• Like 1

There was a file in the kernel source with the information about the Elantech touchpad that describes what we needed to get febug info http://kernel.org/do...ut/elantech.txt and his is the site for the identified user that submited the driver to the kernel.org http://arjan.opmeer.net/elantech/.

Here is what i've done: set the driver in debug mode. Saved the system tail into a text file. Posted the file at https://gist.github.com/3620057. After each #### you will find the debug output.

Thanks a lot. It means I could get debug output very easily like above steps.

For v3 hardware, on my laptop, I output sth in the log(in top post), for example, left button click, right button click, 1 finger tap.

2 fingers tap and 3 fingers tap will cause kernel crash or no response, need to reboot

But now I don't know how to report those events to osx, need more reading. But can't find any useful documentation from apple, at least about IOHIPointing and etc.

Maybe need to read some code in IOHIDFamily, http://opensource.ap....6/IOHIDFamily/

BTW, for v3, it's only full functional with 1 finger(with 1 packet) and 2 fingers(with 2 packet), for 3 fingers, the data is only 1 packet, only report the center point for 3 fingers, then it's some kind of fake.

For v4, it should be full functional with maximum 5 fingers.

I have an acer 5750 everything working fine, minus the ps/2 port elan smart-pad but that was only for the first time recognized the trackpad or touchpad on Panel ... and still does not work, when I press with insistence appears kernel panic ..., but is a good start, after several searches and facilities Apple kexts ... ps2, ... nub etc.. but thanks to you I already powers start to celebrate! I look forward to the conclusion of the service! My congratulations and good WINS!

ok, code compiled and works as aspected (nothing move). I can see "movement" in console log in real time.

Two or more finger give kernel panic.

from verbose boot :

Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] start
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_send_cmd: cmd = 0x02
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_send_cmd result 0x08, 0x17, 0x0c.
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: VoodooBattery 1.3 (C) 2008-10 Superhai, All Rights Reserved. May  5 2010 09:52:50 64 bit
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Synaptics capabilities query result 0x08, 0x17, 0x0c.
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_write_reg: reg = 0x10, val = 0x0b
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_read_reg: reg = 0x10
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_read_reg: val = 0x0b
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_send_cmd: cmd = 0x00
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_send_cmd result 0x5b, 0x7c, 0x78.
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] Touchpad range query result 0, 0, 2940, 1400, 0.
Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] pktsize result 6.
Sep  6 19:09:02 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address e8:03:9a:3c:3c:15
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: 9, x2 0, y2 0, width 2, pres 37
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] interruptOccurred

From kernel.log :

Sep  6 19:10:22: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] pktsize = 6
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_report_absolute_v3: packet_type = 3
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_report_absolute_v3: i = 0, data = 0x44, 0x03, 0xf8, 0x12, 0xc1, 0xf8
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] fingers 1, x1 1016, y1 896, x2 0, y2 0, width 1, pres 12
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] interruptOccurred
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] pktsize = 6
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_report_absolute_v3: packet_type = 3
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_report_absolute_v3: i = 0, data = 0x04, 0x03, 0xf8, 0x12, 0x01, 0xf8
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] fingers 0, x1 0, y1 0, x2 0, y2 0, width 1, pres 0
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] elantech_report_absolute_v3: i = 0, data = 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00
Sep  6 19:10:22 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] fingers 0, x1 0, y1 0, x2 0, y2 0, width 0, pres 0

Thx for your time ! I'm not a coder so I can't help you ;-(

Just "your" beta tester ;-)

See you soon, regards

Gurzo

ok, code compiled and works as aspected (nothing move). I can see "movement" in console log in real time.

Two or more finger give kernel panic.

from verbose boot :

Sep  6 19:09:01 MacBook-Pro-di-gurzo kernel[0]: [ApplePS2ElanTrackpad] start

Please search "ps2" in system.log in Console, thanks. Just didn't see your elan hardware version info.

the irony is: this is the best trackpad i ever use. in windows.

this is only not better than the macbook's multitouch trackpad from the unibody series.

and for over a year, has no support from the osx86 family. i have high expectations over this topic.

Added more info to debug file from Ubuntu at https://gist.github.com/3620057:

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 1 Finger press

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 2 Finger press

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 2 Finger Scroll - Move up

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 2 Finger Scroll - Move down

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 3 Finger press

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 4 Finger press

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 3 Finger Scroll - Move up

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 3 Finger Scroll - Move down

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 4 Finger Scroll - Move up

#### Elantech debug level 2 - 4 Finger Scroll - Move down

I don't know if this is against the forum rule or not.

I also don't know if pointing this finding will help with the driver development.

If it is inappropriate, tell me, I will come back and delete this.

I found a driver over at

http://www.osx86.net...2_trackpad.html

it is the only one that let me boot into 10.8 without kernel panic and have my Elan trackpad function as a mouse.