• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
well, as I said, the bootloader is reading my keyboard 1 time out of 5... if I'm lucky... every time I have to restart my pc using the button hoping the keyboard will work... other updates: I will try this (I know it comes from tonymac, but it could be good, because I haven't to use ###### or other things)

Since many of you have issues getting your AMD Radeon HD 6000 series card to work in Mountain Lion (when it worked great in Lion), I decided to make this guide.

Credits: Haysphere

Part 1: Setting up the ###### Drive
1. Insert your ###### Flash Drive into a working Mac. Maybe your MacBook Pro, working Lion installation, etc.
2. Run this command in terminal to unhide files "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1" (copy and paste that into terminal and hit enter)
3. Force Finder to quit. You can do this in activity monitor. It will automatically restart.
4. Open Finder and navigate to your ###### Drive
5. Navigate to System/Library/Extensions
6. MAKE A BACKUP OF the kext "ATI6000Controller.kext" and then DELETE it.

Part 2: Booting from your ###### Drive
1. Boot from your ###### drive like you usually would. Use the command "GraphicsEnabler=No" in order to boot into Mountain Lion Installer
2. Install Mountain Lion as you usually would
3. After installation, bootup Mountain Lion by booting into your flash drive and then booting into ML, using the command "GraphicsEnabler=No"
4. Copy the ATI6000Controller.kext kext to your new desktop
5. Run ###### (Download: http://www.tonymacx8...do=cat&id=3)
6. Reboot

Now your graphics should work. I have two monitors (Apple Cinema Display and another 25" 1080p monitor) running with full graphics acceleration Very fast and no lag!

For those wondering, I fixed my machine in my sig by replacing the parts with the exact same things. Not everything blew. I now run a surge protector on my phone line and computer.

You're welcome!

to get my HD6970 working, so I will reinstall ML... yesterday evening I had no luck recognizing my HD3000... another problem: I'm installing ML without a bootloader, so I have to boot with the bootloader taken from the USB flash drive used for the installation... yesterday I tried then to install a bootloader to boot directly from HDD and not from flash drive, I tried chimera and chameleon, but both of them gave me always a kernel panic... the only way to boot up the system was using the bootloader from the flash drive (a different version of chameleon I suppose) and booting in safe mode. any ideas? I'm thinkin on giving up with this... nothing seems to work as it should...

EDIT: tried that. the positive thing is that now I can boot WITHOUT safe mode... the bad thing is that if I try to boot directly with my hd6970 I just have a white screen without anything else... (I had this problem in Lion... never solved it)

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
hello black24, what problem you have?
ok, if you boot -x not load kext for your keyboard, and all kexts have install in S/LE, configure your boot.plist with this flag UseKernelCache=Yes

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

hello black24, what problem you have?
ok, if you boot -x not load kext for your keyboard, and all kexts have install in S/LE, configure your boot.plist with this flag UseKernelCache=Yes

hello! :)
the problem with my keyboard is that I can't write! it isn't recognized at all! so I can't boot because I can't select my HDD... don't know why... 1 hour ago I tried again and I had to reset the pc using the button almost 15 times.. I lost 10 minutes... finally my keyboard worked and I was able to boot..

NOW, I reinstalled ML to follow that steps to get hd6970 BOOT with ML... but I just have a white screen... as I wrote in the edited post above yours, the good thing is that now I can boot without -x, just -v and GraphicsEnabler=No and it works... (graphicsenabler because if I don't do that, my hd6970 gives me the white screen...) now I will try to boot with the integrated HD3000, but I don't think it will be recognized...

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
your keyboard PS2 or USB ?

EDIT: Post your Extra folder

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
my keyboard is USB... in bios it works perfectly... how can i post the extra folder? that located in *HDD name*? just make a zip file of it?

EDIT: problems... just problems... reinstalled ATI6000 controller.kext using kextwizard... well, now, even if I boot with graphicsenabler=no or without it I get a white screen...
if I boot with my integrated graphics HD3000, it can't boot because it is stuck at the same problem of yesterday... (it's the same photo I took yesterday because it is stuck always there...)

EDIT 2: where is the extra folder? can I see it from windows? because I can't now...

EDIT 3: well, I'm thinking... I have NO bootloader installed in the HDD... I have no smbios.plist etc... for now, I always boot with my flash drive which has got chameleon... maybe the extra folder is created by the bootloader? (I'm asking because I don't know :D )

Attached Files

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

that located in *HDD name*? just make a zip file of it?

yes

boot -s and remove ATI Controler

boot whit -s

mount /

mkdir /atibackup

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.* /atibackup

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.*

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -R now

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

yes

remove just deleting the folder in system/library/extensions? because I can do it from windows... or it's better from ML?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

remove just deleting the folder in system/library/extensions? because I can do it from windows... or it's better from ML?

boot whit -s

mount /

mkdir /atibackup

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.* /atibackup

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.*

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -R now

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
thank yoi, I will try that... for the extra folder? did you read what I wrote in my previous post?

EDIT: tried but I think it didn't delete anything... these are the messages

EDIT 2: tried agains, this time I think it worked... I forgot to write mount / before :P

Attached Files

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

and you read my previous post?

yes

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

and you read my previous post?

yes

yes but I can't see that folder... from windows, even if I show hidden files, there is no folder called extra... should I find it when ML is booted up?

EDIT: the commands worked! thank you! now I booted with GraphicsEnabler=No... what should I do now? the EXTRA folder is not present in the HDD... probably because I have no bootloader installed... what can I do now? I should install my HD3000 integrated... because it is not recognized...

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
your card hd 6970 not work in ML , I go post one Extra for you, put this in Terminal app

cd /

mkdir kext_backup2

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup

and install of the kexts fron this link.http://www.insanelym...l=&fromsearch=1

lok if you have Extra: put this in terminal app : ls /

post results

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
here you are... I think there is no Extra folder...

Attached Files

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
Use this extra, and post results

Attached File  USE THIS EXTRA.zip   137.74KB   8 downloads

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Use this extra, and post results

Attached File  USE THIS EXTRA.zip   137.74KB   8 downloads

in the README, I have to copy ALL of the lines with commands? or just one by one executing every single command?

EDIT: I just installed HD3000 kexts you gave me, I will try them first to see if anything changed, then I will try adding the extra folder, thank you

EDIT2: the system booted with those kexts... but I have NO acceleration and the system does not recognize the intel GPU... it only says Integrated 64MB shared memory...

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
UPDATE: tried with your extra folder, nothing... There is no bootloader again... But now if I boot with integrated card it goes on kernel panic...

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

in the README, I have to copy ALL of the lines with commands? yes copy and paste

this for repairPermissions and rebuil caches for the kexts, if no this not load the kexts for your graphics card

man, install bootloader for your hard disk please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post photo KP

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I can't boot now, kernel panic... I'm trying to delete the EXTRA folder... if I will still have kp I will do a new fresh installation and start again from the beginning... this time installing a bootloader and THEN copying the EXTRA folder.. just wait for the photo... I will upload it

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
THIS not extra folder, bot whit: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

no need reinstall

your problem is caches, try delete this

boot with -s
mount /
rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
reboot

blak24

blak24

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

THIS not extra folder, bot whit: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

THIS not extra folder? I didn't understand... well ok, I deleted the EXTRA folder from windows, and it booted fine without any problem... how can I proceed? install a bootloader? what do you suggest? chameleon? chimera?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy