Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6107 replies to this topic

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music

no ;)

no less distortion? :(

Sinetek

Sinetek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 333 posts

no less distortion? :(

try -nossedistortion

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music

try -nossedistortion

lol

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
hi sinetek, there are news to nvidia graphics card?

mac_carol

mac_carol

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

The people have spoken, and they request a i386 DP1 kernel, so here it is, located in full glory over at Meklort's lair.

https://meklort.com/~sinet3k/sinedp1

As usual, this takes flags such as -nossse3bit, -nosse41bit, -nosse42bit.
Also, for the first time ever, this kernel contains 100% more kernel for the same price, which you can access with either arch=x86_64 or arch=i386.

Have fun testing guys and gals!

Thanks for the kernel mate :)

But I can't make it boot properly under ML-1083 (on AMD P-II x4 + Chameleon-2.2svn-r2187 )

- arch=x86_64 (with combination of -nossse3bit, -nosse41bit, -nosse42bit )
the osx instantly reboots after reading the kernel flags, and before loading any kexts
and the kernel reports an error says something about "invalid magic number"

- arch=i386 (with combination of -nossse3bit, -nosse41bit, -nosse42bit, -legacy, -force64 )
the osx instantly reboots after loading all kexts, and before running the cpu detection (CPU Model:...)

So, I guess the kernel is supposed to work under ML-DP1 only, isn't it ?

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
I have found the following code to patch the libclh.dylib in the GeForceGLDriver.bundle (Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI,GTX 560 TI ) it means that should enter the following code in the terminal:.

sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

it should be activated the OpenCL.??????

because at the moment I am once again reinstall Mountain Lion after a system crash, it's me at the moment not possible to test the code.can someone test it ??????

Edited by spakk, 24 March 2013 - 05:06 PM.

mac_carol

mac_carol

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

:)

Phenom

KP on the why message Apple.FSCompression/z/lib , etc .........(-nosse42bit / -nosse41bit)
flag: npci=0x2000 arch=i386 -nossse3bit ( boot NV CI/QE) why bug clkernelplugin
flag: npci=0x2000 -nossse3bit (boot ATI / no NV) why bug clkernelplugin

FX

flag : npci=0x2000 ( good ATI CI/QE / No NV) :D
flag : npci=0x2000 arch=i386 why flag -nossse3bit / -nosse42bit / -nosse41bit , no boot

ML 10.8.x or DP1 ?

Chameleon or Clover ?

Thanks

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,826 posts
Hi, folks!

Apart from running ML DP1 i386 on your machines, itself a feat on its own, i'd ask you please to focus on the following while testing this new release:

1) nVidia and ATI graphics cards, so they work?

2) Geekbench and Cinebench scores, how they fare against regular 64-bit ML?

3) 64-bit support, do 64-bit apps work, like CS6 and FCP X?

4) Mountain Lion-only apps. Do they recognize DP1 as 10.8 thus working as they should?

5) Console error. Is there something unusual?

6) App Store. Does it let you download 10.8 apps?

I cannot test these items myself, since i don't have a spare partition now, but i'll join this testing effort asap. While it's not possible, i'm counting on you people! :D

All the best!

Steven81

Steven81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Don't work with athlon 2 x2 245 with any flags :(

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,826 posts
Works on the Athlon II x2 250 3GHz - i know because i'm typing from it under 10.8.3 - so it should also work with your CPU. Post in the help topic detailing your specs, install method, boot flags, pictures etc.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
Managed to get DP1 installed. Had to use the -nossse3bit flag to get passed the AppleFSCompression KP. Tried booting it in x86_64 first which just stalled at DSMOS has arrived but it boots in i386. Problem is its stuck in a loop of the first setup. I choose the language and it takes me to the login screen even though there is no user. I have tried GE on and off and safe boot. I am currently trying the 10.7.5 kexts and frameworks under i386. Will update this post as I go.

Ok the lion kexts and frameworks got me through the setup but no further. I could see the login screen due to and overwhelming amount of artifacts.

Back with the DP1 files its stuck in a login loop in i386. x86_64 gave me the black screen. Safe boot with i386 gives a black screen just like x86_64 does then back to the login screen. I will post the logs soon.

Login Window Crash Log:
Spoiler

WindowServer Crash Log:
Spoiler

Steven81

Steven81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Works on the Athlon II x2 250 3GHz - i know because i'm typing from it under 10.8.3 - so it should also work with your CPU. Post in the help topic detailing your specs, install method, boot flags, pictures etc.

ok i have found the flags but i have steel waiting for root device........ i try installing dp1 with this kernel

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,826 posts
Oh, you're talking specifically about DP1 and not ML in general. I see. Good luck, then.

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
I know this probably isn't the place but... Would I be able to use this 32 bit kernel to run ML on my intel based laptop with Intel x3100 gfx? It doesn't support QE/CI under 64 bit, but would work perfectly with a 32 bit kernel...

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 340 posts

I know this probably isn't the place but... Would I be able to use this 32 bit kernel to run ML on my intel based laptop with Intel x3100 gfx? It doesn't support QE/CI under 64 bit, but would work perfectly with a 32 bit kernel...

There is a hacked X3100 64Bit Kext, I know because I use it myself on A Toshiba Satellite L300.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,826 posts
Changing a little the subject: in terms of graphics glitches with the amd_kernel, at least with my HD5450, Firefox is by far the best performing browser. You just have to run it 32-bit and disable hardware acceleration in Preferences/Advanced. If Chrome used to run with minor glitches, only with some typing boxes, Firefox runs with no glitches at all, just flawlessly.

All the best!

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
How can I get the System Profiler to stop calling my CPU an Intel Xeon...? :P

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 340 posts

Changing a little the subject: in terms of graphics glitches with the amd_kernel, at least with my HD5450, Firefox is by far the best performing browser. You just have to run it 32-bit and disable hardware acceleration in Preferences/Advanced. If Chrome used to run with minor glitches, only with some typing boxes, Firefox runs with no glitches at all, just flawlessly.

All the best!

Add to Working Applications?

carlo_67

carlo_67

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,900 posts
I always have a problem with the artifacts M lion in 5770 and I can not delete them, I think the culprit is the Amd_kernel.
In windows 7 and snow the board has always performed well

how can I fix
thanks in advance

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,826 posts

I always have a problem with the artifacts M lion in 5770 and I can not delete them, I think the culprit is the Amd_kernel.
In windows 7 and snow the board has always performed well

how can I fix
thanks in advance

There's no way to fix it: that's the bug we're trying to deal with since january the first. At least some ATI cards will work (my HD5450 works almost flawlessly, except for Safari, and HD4xxx cards perform even better), nVidia cards are as of now completely unusable with the kernel.

All the best!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy