• Please log in to reply
1368 replies to this topic

Dr Phred

Dr Phred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I successfully installed 10.7.5 using the drivers pack from slave Zero (Dell XPS 410 Drivers 10.18.2012.zip) and everything works except the system only sees two SATA drives.

Any ideas?

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

I successfully installed 10.7.5 using the drivers pack from slave Zero (Dell XPS 410 Drivers 10.18.2012.zip) and everything works except the system only sees two SATA drives.

Any ideas?

I read somewhere that is the limit of IOATAFamily.kext can give only 2 sata ports.
you want more disk to get to connect to sata ports? or you could get a bigger hard drive would be nice.

Dr Phred

Dr Phred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hmm, it saw 4 drives on 10.6. I moved drives around so I have a 2TB and 1.5TB in there now, so not the end of the world. Just nags me that it doesn't work right.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
you can get the kext IOATAFamily.kext from 10.6 and replace it to 10.8 to see any different.
use carbon copy cloner to to clone 10.8 to a different hard drive and try with 10.6 IOATAFamily.kext to save you time to reinstall 10.8

Dr Phred

Dr Phred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Success! I set PCIRoot=4, as advised by kvonlinee and now all drives show up.

Chewy1576

Chewy1576

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm attempting to install OS X using an Iatkos ML2 disc on my XPS 410. I can get the installer to recognize the Samsung 840PRO SSD and install successfully using the -v -f -x flags. I use the selections listed here (http://www.mactipsno...73-on-dell.html) when I customize the install on the disc, but during the first boot, my monitor will shut off. I am running an Asus Nvidia GTX460 card. I have tried Graphics Enabler on and off, and tried several of the other Nvidia specific settings under Drivers. Has been able to get a fully booting install using card? What am I missing with the graphics?

Thanks,

Shawn

phunkysai

phunkysai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

So who is going to be our guinea pig for the free OS X Mavericks??   :D

Chewy1576

Chewy1576

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I finally got my OS X install to boot. As soon as I can get at least Video working correctly, I will give Mavericks a go.

phunkysai

phunkysai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Unfortunately, using the latest Un1b3ast, when I try to boot to the USB and install Mavericks, my monitor shuts down and goes into power saving mode. I've tried various boot commands found on other websites for people that have had similar issues, but so far, none of them work to get me to the install screen.

Anyone have any 410-specific thoughts on this?  TIA!

Chewy1576

Chewy1576

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I had the same problem installing iAtkos ML2 10.8.3. I had to check Disable Nvidia Drivers to get the system to boot with video. Unfortunately, it wasn't fully using my GTX460 and would freeze if I open a web page in Safari with any kind of animation at all.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Unfortunately, using the latest Un1b3ast, when I try to boot to the USB and install Mavericks, my monitor shuts down and goes into power saving mode. I've tried various boot commands found on other websites for people that have had similar issues, but so far, none of them work to get me to the install screen.

Anyone have any 410-specific thoughts on this?  TIA!

you can try PciRoot=4 It work for me under 10.8

phunkysai

phunkysai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

you can try PciRoot=4 It work for me under 10.8

Yeah I tried that and it didn't work :-(

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

you can try to see what is the value from the terminal to get correct value of PciRoot, because it is changes on the update of supplement. 

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID

phunkysai

phunkysai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

you can try to see what is the value from the terminal to get correct value of PciRoot, because it is changes on the update of supplement. 

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID

So are you saying to use that command in terminal in my current setup? I currently have Lion running on my Dell. So I should open terminal and run the above command?

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I will be giving Mavericks a go during Christmas but has anyone had any luck getting wired internet working. I am currently using an HP Pavilion P6710t but this Xps with 8GB's of ram and a 2.66 Quad core should work much better. On the HP I was able to get wired internet working so I really need it. I just ran a 300FT wire all through my house to get it to where this PC is going to be LOL

I used a U.N.I.B.E.A.S.T install to boot the installer and it booted fine. I used the originally installed video card to boot the installer. Unfortunately I only have 1.5 GB of ram so I could not install it but as soon as I upgrade it (Christmas) I will install mavericks and tell you guys if it works.

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Giving mavericks a shot now, I got to the screen to select my drive but there aren't any drives listed. I set the bios to Raid Autodetect/ ATA but every time I got back into the bios it is set to raid. Why won't the setting stick?

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Well guys for anyone wanting to install mavericks on their XPS 410 I have some good news and some bad news. I was able to get the installer to boot but I can never find any drives. To get the installer to boot I used u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t with no boot flags except -v. When I tried to use myhack with the IOATAFAMILY.Kext I immediately received a kernel panic. So now that we know that the mavericks installer will boot maybe someone can experiment a little bit to get drives to show up. Maybe I need an IOFAMILYATA.KEXT compatible with Mavericks? Good luck to anyone who tries and if anyone gets it working please report back here for the rest of us! :)

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I would just like to confirm for anybody who was wondering that Mavericks 10.9 .1 is running flawlessly on my XPS 410 .7a4a8yva.jpg

mpalomba3

mpalomba3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

One question, does anybody have an audio driver for this PC. I tried the one that is provided in this Post but it closes a kernel panic with Mavericks.

phunkysai

phunkysai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I would just like to confirm for anybody who was wondering that Mavericks 10.9 .1 is running flawlessly on my XPS 410 .7a4a8yva.jpg

OK, you went from "I can't see any drives" to "Mavericks is now fully operational."

Care to detail what you did?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy