ludomaster

ludomaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to you :P
Just found this thread, today I'll try to install SL on my 9200, thanks a lot for your work!

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Happy New Year to you :)
Just found this thread, today I'll try to install SL on my 9200, thanks a lot for your work!

Good Luck, let me know if you have any problems.

snakeman

snakeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have the strangest problem! I can not run in 32bit at all. I know you guys are asking why would I want to. Well I have a 7 series geforce card. I want to use.

I have it working now ;) Clean install

I dont want to use nvenabler 64 anymore any clues for me.

snakeman

Attached Files

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
10.6.6 is safe.

I have the strangest problem! I can not run in 32bit at all. I know you guys are asking why would I want to. Well I have a 7 series geforce card. I want to use.

I have it working now :D Clean install

I dont want to use nvenabler 64 anymore any clues for me.

snakeman

Those cards work in 64 bit.........

snakeman

snakeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

10.6.6 is safe.

Those cards work in 64 bit.........

only work 32 bit :-(

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
is it the 7300?

snakeman

snakeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Nope, its a 7800GT :-) oldie

snakeman

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
your card is supported :)

http://osx86.co/f7/l...-leopard-t4385/

its like 20% down the page

you just need to generate a efi string with osx86 tools

snakeman

snakeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Got it working thanks. Working on cleaning up the DSDT a little and maybe getingt digital out working some day.

Thanks for the Help.

snakeman

acecool9

acecool9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
can you upload the boot files again
the link is down

frantisheq

frantisheq

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
got it working with ##### but kext cache has to be deleted from snow leopard after every reboot. haven't tried the sound.
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   380.15KB   24 downloads
Attached File  Untitled_1.dmg.zip   3.62MB   4 downloads
EDIT: VoodooHDA works so there are three problems to solve: bios reset after reboot, rebuilding kext cache and no ahci mode because of bootloader

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
10.6.7 is safe with the newest FakeSMC

browndogfred

browndogfred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

10.6.7 is safe with the newest FakeSMC

Did you KP without adding that? I updated without making any changes and didn't have any issues. No updated kexts or anything.

I kept the original PmVersion set to 21 as that didn't change.......this was a pretty basic update.

Later dude.

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
No I didnt KP, I always keep it up to date so I thought I would put that it is working for with the newest, I dont know if it works with the older one or not.

browndogfred

browndogfred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

No I didnt KP, I always keep it up to date so I thought I would put that it is working for with the newest, I dont know if it works with the older one or not.

I got ya. Cool.

I'm going to try and include all possible info that I have and can think of. Over the past year and a half or so, the journey of getting OSX to run smoothly on this low dollar XPS410 has been a trip. Sometimes hard, sometimes easy, but in the end a pretty solid learning experience. It'll be coming to an end here pretty soon when Lion comes out, as I'll use this machine to continue to the Hackintosh experiment. :)

For those of you who have played with all kinds of different methods of install, here is my take. Can't say its right or wrong as there are a handful of us that have very smooth running machines. Mr. RobG got me started on this gnarly fiasco quite a while back when I was simply trying to get Leopard 10.5.8 installed. That lasted about a week and I couldn't take it so I ventured on to Snow Leopard. Kernel panic after kernel panic after kernel panic.......I finally managed to get things right.

Cheers to everyone who has contributed. RobG, I'm sure we'll be doing this all over again soon when Lion comes out. :)

Here is what I've got, it might take a couple posts to get it all up.

STEPS:

1. See posts #1035, 1041, and 1042. [basic instructions on what ya need to do]
2. If you can't see your HD on the first boot after making the USB booter, use the -f boot flag, that should help.
3. I'm uploading the EFI Finisher and the kexts that I currently run on my XPS410.
4. For this method, DO NOT make any changes to the Snow Leopard file system, only use the /Vanilla folder for any changes.
5. See step 4 again.
6. I'm using an Nvidia 9400GT video card, so you'll have to use OSX86 Tools to get the string for your cards device properties which get added to the 'com.apple.Boot.plist'.
7. I'll add a copy of my 'com.apple.Boot.plist' just for reference. Over time I've set it a certain way and broke and fixed things here and there.

Thats it for now. Reply to this post if something is missing or if you have questions. Again, this is my method, there is no right or wrong, just preferences. I think its pretty dope that this thread has gone on for so long.......I've recently bit the bullet and dropped $$ on a 2011 Macbook Pro i7 but still feel obligated to keep my old XPS410 running solid.

Cheers.

/browndogfred

Current kexts as of 03-22-2011:

Intel82566MM.kext
SleepEnabler.kext [newest release]
VoodooHDA.kext

* The above 3 are placed in the SLEkext subdirectory within the /Vanilla directory

AppleAHCIPort.kext
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
Intel82566MM.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
fakesmc.kext
PlatformUUID.kext [kext is edited to include UUID of my hard drive, when bootup occurs, it knows to boot off this]
VoodooHDA.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext

* The above 9 kexts are in the EFIkext subdirectory within the /Vanilla directory. I put Intel82566MM.kext and VoodooHDA.kext in both subdirectories.

Attached is my dstl.aml file. I edited it to work solely for the XPS410, there are a few others uploaded throughout this thread but here is mine. Its location is the DSTL subdirectory within the /Vanilla directory.

Attached is my smbios.plist file. I've edited it once from the beginning with no additional changes since. Its located in the smbios subdirectory within the /Vanilla directory.

Attached is MY 'com.apple.Boot.plist'. Obviously these are customized to your specific liking but mine is pretty basic. It is located in the boot.plist subdirectory within the /Vanilla directory.

Update:

Alright I'm having issues uploading these files. The only quick solution I can think of is to put my stuff on Dropbox. Basically I uploaded all of my files to a folder called DELL_XPS_410. You can reply or message me with your email and I can give you access to it......unless anyone else has a better idea. I can't think of anything better at the moment in order to share this stuff.

Dropbox is free for Windows, Mac OSX, iPhone, etc......

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
So far all my kext from snow leopard work with Lion, Im using a modified Cham 2 RC 4 to boot it, it does not boot 10.6 anymore. If anybody wants the patch and can prove they have a Paid Apple Dev account (I do not condone piracy) Ill send it to you.

browndogfred

browndogfred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

So far all my kext from snow leopard work with Lion, Im using a modified Cham 2 RC 4 to boot it, it does not boot 10.6 anymore. If anybody wants the patch and can prove they have a Paid Apple Dev account (I do not condone piracy) Ill send it to you.

So you're just running straight Lion huh? Any weird issues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy