Dell XPS 410 Resource Extravaganza

slave-zeo

1,373 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, using the latest Un1b3ast, when I try to boot to the USB and install Mavericks, my monitor shuts down and goes into power saving mode. I've tried various boot commands found on other websites for people that have had similar issues, but so far, none of them work to get me to the install screen.

Anyone have any 410-specific thoughts on this?  TIA!

you can try PciRoot=4 It work for me under 10.8

• 3 weeks later...

you can try to see what is the value from the terminal to get correct value of PciRoot, because it is changes on the update of supplement. 

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID

So are you saying to use that command in terminal in my current setup? I currently have Lion running on my Dell. So I should open terminal and run the above command?

• 2 weeks later...

I will be giving Mavericks a go during Christmas but has anyone had any luck getting wired internet working. I am currently using an HP Pavilion P6710t but this Xps with 8GB's of ram and a 2.66 Quad core should work much better. On the HP I was able to get wired internet working so I really need it. I just ran a 300FT wire all through my house to get it to where this PC is going to be LOL

I used a U.N.I.B.E.A.S.T install to boot the installer and it booted fine. I used the originally installed video card to boot the installer. Unfortunately I only have 1.5 GB of ram so I could not install it but as soon as I upgrade it (Christmas) I will install mavericks and tell you guys if it works.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys for anyone wanting to install mavericks on their XPS 410 I have some good news and some bad news. I was able to get the installer to boot but I can never find any drives. To get the installer to boot I used u.n.i.b.e.a.s.t with no boot flags except -v. When I tried to use myhack with the IOATAFAMILY.Kext I immediately received a kernel panic. So now that we know that the mavericks installer will boot maybe someone can experiment a little bit to get drives to show up. Maybe I need an IOFAMILYATA.KEXT compatible with Mavericks? Good luck to anyone who tries and if anyone gets it working please report back here for the rest of us! :)

• 1 month later...

I fixed some missing stuff in the dsdt on the XPS 410, here is what I did, added: EHC1, EHC2, I changed USB0 - USB4 to UHC1 - UHC5, added SBUS, HDEF (although codec id is probably wrong, but using voodoohda anyways) and added ich8 lpc patch(not sure if that did anything or not). I can also include the patches later if anyone wants to apply to their own dsdt. ps sleep seems to work on mavericks using my dsdt!

XPS410-DSDT.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No offense intended, kvonlinee (and thank you for the work), but does anyone want to take a shot at cleaning up the English in the guide? I find myself getting confused in the guide because of the way things are worded...

thank you,

I don't have a good grammar to put English altogether, but the guide is work and simple to do.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've also had luck, sorry, I didn't update the thread ... it's running stable and I really enjoy it!

AppleAHCIPort_plist_IntelICHx_internal.kext was the key to the controller on board, that was more or less the missing brick to my numerous trys.