• Please log in to reply
1362 replies to this topic

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Can someone help me with the following error, please?

I installed SL 10.6 retail using my MacBook Pro. I used the following kexts found on this post: http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1263113 Thank you frantisheq!!

Boots up in RAID On, only.

I'm using Chameleon 2 RC3 on GUID partitioned flash drive, edited the texts in boot.plist and platformUUID.

I installed Cham2 RC3 and then copied the kexts in the /Extra folder found in the root of the HD. I used kext helper to install the kexts as well. I repaired permissions.

I used the software updates and installed 10.6.4. The PC only boots up with AHCI auto mode now and also only boots up whenever I have the flash drive. When I try booting via the HD, it gives me the error USBMSC identifier (see attachments).

Not sure what I can do but like I said, it boots up fine if I use the flash drive.

Thanks in advance.
-Wally

The USBMC identifier was present in 10 of 10 reboots on my xps 410. Did you start having this issue after you updated to 10.6.4?

If so you need to boot with raid off, then install ALL the kext in your /extra folder to system/library/extensions and delete extensions.mkext reboot and turn raid on and you should be good. as for only booting with the USB Flashdrive thats how my xps 410 boots. Browndog fred can help you boot with out it. if you have anymore questions wally message me and Ill give you my phone number so you can text/call if you need I havent been Checking this forum too much latley. Let me know how it goes Good Luck.

I have something for you to try out Browndog but it seems you dont like to answer text messages from me ;) Lol. Hit me up when you have a chance.

WaLLy07

WaLLy07

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much, browndogfred and Rob G!!

After a couple boot-up times with the flash drive, it didn't end up working anymore.

I ended up trying the method posted on post #870 by Rob G. I used 10.6.3 though.

After a couple times trying different kexts, it ended up working like a charm!

I'm afraid to update to 10.6.4 since it was giving me problems before. Is there something I need to do before and/or after I update to 10.6.4?

Thanks for the help again. :)

browndogfred

browndogfred

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

The USBMC identifier was present in 10 of 10 reboots on my xps 410. Did you start having this issue after you updated to 10.6.4?

If so you need to boot with raid off, then install ALL the kext in your /extra folder to system/library/extensions and delete extensions.mkext reboot and turn raid on and you should be good. as for only booting with the USB Flashdrive thats how my xps 410 boots. Browndog fred can help you boot with out it. if you have anymore questions wally message me and Ill give you my phone number so you can text/call if you need I havent been Checking this forum too much latley. Let me know how it goes Good Luck.

I have something for you to try out Browndog but it seems you dont like to answer text messages from me :) Lol. Hit me up when you have a chance.

Sorry dude, I hadn't been on here in awhile but came back to check it out and make sure I was good to update to 10.6.4

:(

Thank you so much, browndogfred and Rob G!!

After a couple boot-up times with the flash drive, it didn't end up working anymore.

I ended up trying the method posted on post #870 by Rob G. I used 10.6.3 though.

After a couple times trying different kexts, it ended up working like a charm!

I'm afraid to update to 10.6.4 since it was giving me problems before. Is there something I need to do before and/or after I update to 10.6.4?

Thanks for the help again. :)

You'll just need to swap the SleepEnabler.kext with a new one and you'll be good to go on 10.6.4

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I used the same sleepenabler.kext in 10.6-10.6.4. Just make sure you use kext helper to reinstall all the kext from /extra before you reboot after the upgrade and you should be good.

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
The graphics update is safe for nvidia 7300le and 9400

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I Just built the worlds easiest hackintosh, it's a hell of alot faster then the xps 410 and it cost me about $680.
Msi h55-p31, intel core i5 750 2.60ghz quad 4gb ram 1tb hdd nvidia 9400 1024mb hp lightscribe DVD burner. Everything is vanilla the only non apple kext is the r1000.kext for the realtek nic.

pitdogs

pitdogs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
rob g....can you please help me...I have been trying to install sl on my 9200 for almost three months now and am almost ready to give up.

I have followed these instructions:
http://earthview.co....on-9200-dxp061/

those instructions work fine and I can boot to snow leopard....my problem is when I add efi for my pny 9400gt video card with dual dvi, i cannot get it to work with dual monitor. Here is what I have tried:
1. nvenabler and installed using kext helper b7....result, primary screen goes blank
2. efi string using osx86tools and nvidia 9000's drivers.kext ...result gets past gray apple screen and remains in blue screen and keeps flickering

Next, I followed the instructions from previous page and I ran my hack after I followed the nstructions above and added the "still waiting for root device kext" :
getting dreaded Still waiting for Root device even after installing.

Please help....

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Are you using a flash drive to boot? What is your boot method?

pitdogs

pitdogs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Are you using a flash drive to boot? What is your boot method?

I am using the USB Thumb drive as suggested with custom DSDT from the URL's instructions

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Try making a custom nvidia string with osx86 tools try different combos of dvi/vga vga/dvi ect in the settings try dvi/vga first it should work.

pitdogs

pitdogs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
got it working using natit.

spacerobot

spacerobot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been coming back to this guide off and on for a while in an attempt to get snow leopard working on my xps 410. I am getting closer but still have not gotten it to boot. Here is what I have:

Standard XPS 410 the only thing different is the video card. Nvidia GTX 260. I generated a string using EFIstudio that I put in the com.apple.boot.plist file <key>device-proprties</key><string>HEX</string>

I went back to Brown's posts around 1042 or so and followed his guide. I have a 16 gig flash drive. 200 meg as BOOTLOADER with the kexts from his posts in the extra folder. The rest is a restored image of 10.6.3.

I am installing SL on an external USB hard drive formatted MAC OSX extended with GUID partition.

I could not get the install to boot unless I did -v -x32 -f -legacy. I went through the install and it errored out at the end which was expected according to the guide.

After the install though it will not boot. In -v mode I get the error:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

Does anyone know what this is and how to resolve this? I have tried booting with raid auto / raid on and neither seem to make a difference.

Any help is appreciated. I got through the install. I feel I'm close!

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Try reinstalling but this time use a partition on a HDD not a usb. I could never get usb to work.

rgreenpc

rgreenpc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I have an XPS410 and a blank hard drive - is there a guide to setup Snow Leopard on my computer from a virgin install?

I have tried several of the guides and always end up with the Waiting for Root.

snakeman

snakeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I have an XPS410 and a blank hard drive - is there a guide to setup Snow Leopard on my computer from a virgin install?

I have tried several of the guides and always end up with the Waiting for Root.

Does that cpu work in the XPS 410?

Dell XPS 410
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9450 (2.66GHz 1333FSB) with 12MB cache

OK his configuration has changed!

snakeman

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Have you tried making sure raid is off? and all other bios settings set to default and The Drive needs to be in SATA 0.

spacerobot

spacerobot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Try reinstalling but this time use a partition on a HDD not a usb. I could never get usb to work.

Thanks for the info Rob_G. It took me a little while to get another SATA drive. I have it in place so I started over from scratch. For some reason now during the first boot off the USB stick my monitor is going into power save mode after loading a bunch of stuff with -v -f on. Any ideas as to what causes this?

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Thanks for the info Rob_G. It took me a little while to get another SATA drive. I have it in place so I started over from scratch. For some reason now during the first boot off the USB stick my monitor is going into power save mode after loading a bunch of stuff with -v -f on. Any ideas as to what causes this?

What Video Card do you have?

aculine

aculine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
I've installed Hazard 10.6.2 on my Dell dimension 9200 (not in signature), on an external HD IDE 80Gb. Installation worked fine.
But I cannot boot without "-x" (it work only on safe mode) and I cannot view my SATA Hard Disk (2 sata 500Gb and 250Gb both NTFS); DVD sata work fine.
If I see "Information about this mac" I see them, but I cannot access. I can also see on Disk Utility, but they are unaccessible, and I cannot mount them.

I've tried to install SATA.zip on post #1204 and other files found on this 3d, but it doesn't work.

If I boot without "-x" the system crash with "system uptime in nanoseconds ....". Kernel panic appares be "backtrace (CPU 1)" but I cannot find any solution about this problem.

MY SPEC Are:

CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 2133 MHz (8 x 267)
MB: Dell XPS 410 / Dimension 9200 (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x4, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Chipset: Intel Broadwater P965
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS (256 MB) (work fine with EFIStudio)
Controller: Intel® - controller SATA RAID ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO
ETHERNET: Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection (work but no ethernet disks)

Someone can help me?

Here a screenshot:Posted Image

Rob G

Rob G

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
First mistake You uSED "hAZZARD" Use retail. There is guide is this tread to show you how to do it. If you must use a scene release then use iatkos v7 its works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy