Booting Mountain Lion on an Asus UX32VD

85 posts in this topic

Hi. I have created an usb installer with ML GM and Unib******.Installation work perfectly without any flags.But after installation boot only with -x. I have created the folder E/E with fakesmc,nullcpupower,exc.. but nothing. I have try to delete some kext to S/L/E but nothing.When boot -v i have the kernel panic "AGPM controller" and "dsmos has arrived".

With boot flags npci=0x2000 or 3000,busratio=12,graphicsenabler=no,pcirootuid=0,cpus=1 same problem.Any ideas? King Regards

(Asus UX32VD Core i5 1,7 ghz,ssd 32 gb,GeForce gt620m/Intel HD4000)

your flag not correct: try this: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 cpus=1 busratio=12 npci=0x3000

EDIT: put FakeSMC.kext an NullCPUP in S/L/E of the your hard disk where you install the system or this not boot

EDIT: put this flag in your boot.plist : for HD 4000

<key>HD4000PlatformId</key>

<string>3</string>

and for boot this flag:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 busratio=12

your flag not correct: try this: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 cpus=1 busratio=12 npci=0x3000

EDIT: put FakeSMC.kext an NullCPUP in S/L/E of the your hard disk where you install the system or this not boot

EDIT: put this flag in your boot.plist : for HD 4000

<string>3</string>

and for boot this flag:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 busratio=12

[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform :wallbash:

Just remove IOBluetoothFamily, IOBluetoothHID, GeForce, all NVDA* kexts from /S/L/E and copy all from /Extra/Extensions on USB-stick to /Extra/Extensions on drive and you should be able to boot without -x or special arguments.

I'm having bit of an issue with the system. Can't login to App Store, I get "unknown error" signing in, also noticing stability issues while using net (easytether). Browsing works fine but for example all IM clients tested freeze up and needs to force close almost instantly.

What I mostly need ML on my zenbook is for XCode though, in fact it's the only reason I need the system running. I was able to direct download xcode 4.4.1 from apple devsite so I didn't have to go through App Store. IT won't install, it errors out on something..

Change your smbios for 9.2 and install this boot loader: Chameleon [PATCHED]

MBP10,1 is the Retina while 9,1 and 9,2 is normal macbookpros with IVY BRIDGE

Attached Files

Thank You MAN! with 9.2 smbios boot perfectly.

Work in progress ..

Thank You MAN! with 9.2 smbios boot perfectly.

Work in progress ..

P.S [My experience ] for the boot without any flags remove only GeForce.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext install smbios (9.2) with Chameleon PATCHED

First problem with graphic card...

-with

<string>3</string> or 8 or 9

not work only 1024x768

-with GraphicsEnabler yes and graphicmode 1366x768x32 change resolution but work very bad

with efi string first reboot work ok,second reboot black screen.

any ideas?

Just remove IOBluetoothFamily, IOBluetoothHID, GeForce, all NVDA* kexts from /S/L/E and copy all from /Extra/Extensions on USB-stick to /Extra/Extensions on drive and you should be able to boot without -x or special arguments.

I'm having bit of an issue with the system. Can't login to App Store, I get "unknown error" signing in, also noticing stability issues while using net (easytether). Browsing works fine but for example all IM clients tested freeze up and needs to force close almost instantly.

What I mostly need ML on my zenbook is for XCode though, in fact it's the only reason I need the system running. I was able to direct download xcode 4.4.1 from apple devsite so I didn't have to go through App Store. IT won't install, it errors out on something..

I had the same problem with the App store unknown error. It is caused by using internet hardware with an unknown MAC address. When I installed the atheros card i meantioned at the top of the thread it fixed the problem. I know the antenna plugs were a different size but my fix still works and its only $10.

i have deleted all file on ssd ,and i have reinstalled ML 10.8.1.

I have installed the latest version of chimera bootloader (good for hd4000 :| ),reboot and same problem.

i have checked in Extra and don't have nothing xxxxxx.boot.plist ...where is located the boot file of chimera? :wallbash:

i have deleted all file on ssd ,and i have reinstalled ML 10.8.1.

I have installed the latest version of chimera bootloader (good for hd4000 :| ),reboot and same problem.

i have checked in Extra and don't have nothing xxxxxx.boot.plist ...where is located the boot file of chimera? :wallbash:

*UPDATE i have added manually in to E file .plist

with :

< string>9</string>

only nothing change

wiht GraphicsEnabler=Yes work ok but at first reboot black sceen

I had the same problem with the App store unknown error. It is caused by using internet hardware with an unknown MAC address. When I installed the atheros card i meantioned at the top of the thread it fixed the problem. I know the antenna plugs were a different size but my fix still works and its only $10.

How's that atheros card working out for you? You taped the connectors right? Doesn't sound reliable but I might be interested if it's working good. Right now wifi is the only major part not working for me (and brightness)

note to self and others like me: finally got xcode up and running. Seems install failed earlier due to the bluetooth kexts we took out in order to boot without -x. Put 'em back temporarily, install, remove again and you have xcode.

EDIT: Got my Airlink Nano USB adapter working (Ralink 2870) so I now have net. However, I can't scan networks with it and it somehow auto connected to something. Maybe an open wifi.

EDIT: Haha, clock is always desynced, I didn't notice before but for each second there are two ticks. :D

How's that atheros card working out for you? You taped the connectors right? Doesn't sound reliable but I might be interested if it's working good. Right now wifi is the only major part not working for me (and brightness)

Ya the antennas snapped onto the atheros card center pin once I removed the outler rings.. since the back cover is so close the card there is no way they are going anywhere. I have had stable WiFi/Bluetooth for two weeks now think. It was the ar5b195 card combo with ar3011 Bluetooth..

You have everything working except brightness slider? Were you able to get sleep working? I've been failing miserably at that. And I still can'tget ythe mic working.. can you post steps if you got it working? Thanks

*UPDATE i have added manually in to E file .plist

with :

< string>9</string>

only nothing change

wiht GraphicsEnabler=Yes work ok but at first reboot black sceen

Is this in regards to the Hd4000? I think zenlion or someone explained how to get it working on the first or second page of this thread....

Ya the antennas snapped onto the atheros card center pin once I removed the outler rings.. since the back cover is so close the card there is no way they are going anywhere. I have had stable WiFi/Bluetooth for two weeks now think. It was the ar5b195 card combo with ar3011 Bluetooth..

You have everything working except brightness slider? Were you able to get sleep working? I've been failing miserably at that. And I still can'tget ythe mic working.. can you post steps if you got it working? Thanks

Is this in regards to the Hd4000? I think zenlion or someone explained how to get it working on the first or second page of this thread....

Yes for the intel hd 4000.

Clean install + chimera bootloader with the GraphicsEnabler or EFI string i have black screen after second reboot or if i click in the "system info/graphic card". I think disable Nvidia optimus in DSDT?

Yes for the intel hd 4000.

Clean install + chimera bootloader with the GraphicsEnabler or EFI string i have black screen after second reboot or if i click in the "system info/graphic card". I think disable Nvidia optimus in DSDT?

Hmmm.. are you using the EFI string posted earlier in this thread? I'm not sure why it would do that.. but i have the UX31A so i dont have a NVIDIA card

Alright I will look into getting that same card then if it works good.

No I don't have sleep working yet unfortunately. I've disabled all powersaving features from system settings since I could not wake it back up after the screen goes blank so I kind of forgot about the issue. No audio because I will get a usb DAC which works ootb without installing drivers on both osx and windows and brings superior audio quality. (me = audio freak, not happy with sound quality of onboard chips) I have yet to fix the touchpad because I always bring my mouse but I probably should for portability.

sleep+battery+powermanagment would be nice especially if you go somewhere, battery don't last long on OSX right now. But I'm almost always plugged in anyway so it's not a huge deal to me. wifi+sound is coming as soon as I get them delivered but the most important thing for me is that I can use XCode which I can without issues right now.

Alright I will look into getting that same card then if it works good.

No I don't have sleep working yet unfortunately. I've disabled all powersaving features from system settings since I could not wake it back up after the screen goes blank so I kind of forgot about the issue. No audio because I will get a usb DAC which works ootb without installing drivers on both osx and windows and brings superior audio quality. (me = audio freak, not happy with sound quality of onboard chips) I have yet to fix the touchpad because I always bring my mouse but I probably should for portability.

sleep+battery+powermanagment would be nice especially if you go somewhere, battery don't last long on OSX right now. But I'm almost always plugged in anyway so it's not a huge deal to me. wifi+sound is coming as soon as I get them delivered but the most important thing for me is that I can use XCode which I can without issues right now.

I was messing with sleep this morning and I believe I got it working but I'm not sure how to test it. I have done a few DSDT patches so far but still no brightness slider and audio.. I will probably post a guide or something once i get everything working..

i have added this kernel flags and system boot randomly (not stable)

PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 + EFI string 9 (if boot QE/CI is enabled)

wifi fixed with Atheros card and battery fixed with vodoobattery

camera work (not stable) try open/close open/close photoboot. mic not work

MMC Reader not tested.

USB (not stable) any kext ?

good night and good work

i have added this kernel flags and system boot randomly (not stable)

PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 + EFI string 9 (if boot QE/CI is enabled)

wifi fixed with Atheros card and battery fixed with vodoobattery

camera work (not stable) try open/close open/close photoboot. mic not work

MMC Reader not tested.

USB (not stable) any kext ?

good night and good work

For your video problem have you deleted these kexts?

GeForce.kext

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

IOBluetoothFamily.kext

IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

if not try deleting those..

As far as the usb issues i found the problem is when I plug a device in I get a kp. To fix that either use the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorage.kext from an older OSX version.. Or what I did until I can find another solution is navigate to S/L/E and delete from inside IOUSBFamily.kext>Contents>Plugins the AppleUSBXHCI.kext. This fixed the freezing for me..

Does this look like it has the right sized antennas in the picture? http://item.mobilewe...nid=28076887793

Its cheap enough I should probably just buy and try.

The drivers seem readily available. http://www.osx86.net..._notebo_...html

Have you made it anywhere with the DSDT? I've extracted mine but don't know what I'm looking at/how to do anything with it..

Also has anyone been able to sign into app store? Mine gives me an unknown error has occurred I think because I have no ethernet

Hi, nhart12:

I have the same Asus UX31A as yours.

Thanks for your help by using UB 1.4 after several trials and errors I have successfully installed 10.8_GM in a USB Flash. Then add /Extra and install Chameleon v.2012 I can boot safe (-x) to complete the installation and input personal setup.

The remaining problems are :

1. HD4000 not enabled yet and I get 1024 x 768 resolution only.

2. No ethernet or WiFi yet

3. No audio input or output yet

4. Occasionally hang at "Waiting for Root Device" on booting

5. No kernelcache

A long way to go.

Thanks again !

[solved]

1. HD4000 need add "device property" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (solution from another board)

2. Use USB->Ethernet cable now and got 100 Mbps or use D-Link DWA-140 USB WiFi adapter for wireless

3. install VoodooHDA 2.7.2 showed sound icon and setup, after patching VoodooHDA.kext and proper Audio Midi setup finally get output sound from speaker and headphone, and internal Mic for input. No more USB Earphone/Mic.

4. Only one USB flash during booting is allowed. The other USB devices can be pluged later after successful boot.

5. Need delete 2 kexts from /S/L/E : one in IOBluetoothFamily's PlugIn and another one is IOUSBAttachSCSI

At last I got a working Zenbook plus USB WiFi/Flash devices almost full function as a MacBook Air/Pro now !

Edited by jsl

For your video problem have you deleted these kexts?

GeForce.kext

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

IOBluetoothFamily.kext

IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

if not try deleting those..

As far as the usb issues i found the problem is when I plug a device in I get a kp. To fix that either use the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorage.kext from an older OSX version.. Or what I did until I can find another solution is navigate to S/L/E and delete from inside IOUSBFamily.kext>Contents>Plugins the AppleUSBXHCI.kext. This fixed the freezing for me..

Yes i have deleted the kexts,but nothing positive result.The kexts responsible for correct boot w/o kp are only two geforce.kext end iobluetoothfamily.

My problem is the black screen.with the EFI string qe/ci is enabled but boot with external monitor,the internal monitor is totally off.

P.S Thank You for USB trick

Yes i have deleted the kexts,but nothing positive result.The kexts responsible for correct boot w/o kp are only two geforce.kext end iobluetoothfamily.

My problem is the black screen.with the EFI string qe/ci is enabled but boot with external monitor,the internal monitor is totally off.

P.S Thank You for USB trick

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=281275