• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Does anyone have any details on the Atheros card used in other ASUS Ultrabook models? This might be the best hope to get a supported card under OSX that just plugs in internally. Otherwise, the next best solution is an ugly USB adapter :(

Does this look like it has the right sized antennas in the picture? http://item.mobilewe...nid=28076887793
Its cheap enough I should probably just buy and try.
The drivers seem readily available. http://www.osx86.net..._notebo_...html

Have you made it anywhere with the DSDT? I've extracted mine but don't know what I'm looking at/how to do anything with it..

Also has anyone been able to sign into app store? Mine gives me an unknown error has occurred I think because I have no ethernet

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Does this look like it has the right sized antennas in the picture? http://item.mobilewe...nid=28076887793

Nope, too big. See the iFixit picture of the wireless card (http://guide-images....FrSqvHFkU.large) and note the size of the antenna connectors relative to the screw holes that will be the same size. They are damned tiny!

Have you made it anywhere with the DSDT? I've extracted mine but don't know what I'm looking at/how to do anything with it..

Not yet, I've been busy with other things. I'm still testing Clover and I think the extra RAM I have is causing issues as this seems to be the biggest problem with this EFI boot loader at the moment. I need to submit a detailed report to the developers next.
You should start reading the DSDT thread to learn/understand the standard DSDT edits required, etc. The other half is understanding how the Asus DSDT is doing things which I am still working on.

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I ended up getting the atheros wifi card to work by doing some hack jobbing lol (not exactly professional looking/but it functions for $10). I figured i only spent $10 on the card so if i messed it up no big deal.. you were right about the plugs being the wrong size.. so basically what i did was remove the outer rings from the plugs on the wifi card leaving only the center pin. the smaller plugs in the laptop were then able to connect to the pins in the new card just not as snug as you would like. so for now i just have them taped on and i seem to get good signal everywhere. if for some reason they get disconnected or my wifi becomes less stable I will then probably go ahead and solder it together.

gsly: maybe you could try something similar with your old dell card? that is if wifi is a priority for you. how goes the dsdt patching? im still try trying to learn about it. do you know of any basic guides?

Burbruee

Burbruee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Picked this machine up on friday, loving it so far. Huge thanks to zenlion for his efforts and detailed instructions, got this up and running in 1920x1080 in no-time.

Few quick notes:

Major issues:
No audio (anyone had any luck here?)
No display brightness and such, runs on lowest setting (would love to be able to change this)
No touchpad (think I saw a kext mentioned in this thread.. I'll check when I get home from work)

Minor issues:
No battery% in menu, so also no low battery warning, machine will turn off without warning
Also can't seem to wake it back up after display sleeps.

I'm still rather amazed at how well it seems to run, just wish I could get audio and brightness going.

Also anyone know of a compatible usb-stick for wifi? I don't mind a usb-solution. While tethering with android works it's a bit clunky and I don't like to always have to have my phone connected.
I have a D-link DWA-160 around which actually has drivers available for OSX, but only up to 10.5.. so won't work

zenlion

zenlion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i havnt really had time lately to do much with it, I did get the USB Network Stick working with the kext attached to a previous post (thanks to the person who found this) in this thread (the IONetworkingFamily Kext did not include the Axis kext though, so had to include that manually).

I was rather amazed that I could boot Mountain Lion in VMWare Workstation 2012 Tech Preview directly from the install on the partition without issues (patched vmware to show macosx as OS option), this is rather neat, also installed VMWare Tools and they work fine and dont interfere when I boot Mountain Lion natively :)

Audio could probably be made to work, I just saw some threads on another forum around ALC269, if you google "ALC 269 Patch for AppleHDA(May work idea for others" is the first result, its a bit too complicated and time consuming for me to pursue right now, as audio is not a high prio for me

The touchpad is working for me, just no gestures or two finger scrolling etc, so basically its just working like a mouse

The battery % could be enabled with some kexts for that, dont know where to find it, but remember reading about some kext that enables battery % on notebooks in general, so that might work

Re Sleep: At some point Sleep was working for me, potentially remove the ACPI kext copied from the UB stick to /E/E (leave the PS2Nub thing for the PS2 Keyboard/Mouse support I guess), other change I made was to change SMBios to Macbook Pro 2012 Retina Model instead of Macbook Air 2012, something around those things broke sleep/enabled sleep for me again. I also put a DSDT (just the fixed one I dumped with some tool), I didnt really see that changing anything, but maybe that was part of making sleep work too

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I ended up getting the atheros wifi card to work by doing some hack jobbing lol (not exactly professional looking/but it functions for $10). I figured i only spent $10 on the card so if i messed it up no big deal.. you were right about the plugs being the wrong size.. so basically what i did was remove the outer rings from the plugs on the wifi card leaving only the center pin. the smaller plugs in the laptop were then able to connect to the pins in the new card just not as snug as you would like. so for now i just have them taped on and i seem to get good signal everywhere. if for some reason they get disconnected or my wifi becomes less stable I will then probably go ahead and solder it together.

So it is an Intel 6235 card. Intel mentiones no special connector. But it is obviously not an U.FL connector. Other connectors... http://en.wikipedia....ki/RF_connector maybe the smaller W.FL. But there are no wifi cards on google. Amazon sells a Tyco antenna with the Intel 6235. http://www.amazon.co..._sxp_grid_i_2_1 Maybe the connector is a Tyco UMCC connector http://www.te.com/ca...en/c/23958/2693. But also no wifi cards on google.

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

So it is an Intel 6235 card. Intel mentiones no special connector. But it is obviously not an U.FL connector. Other connectors... http://en.wikipedia....ki/RF_connector maybe the smaller W.FL. But there are no wifi cards on google. Amazon sells a Tyco antenna with the Intel 6235. http://www.amazon.co..._sxp_grid_i_2_1 Maybe the connector is a Tyco UMCC connector http://www.te.com/ca...en/c/23958/2693. But also no wifi cards on google.

Tyco antenna connectors do not look small enough when you look at the pictures here http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_3117wt_906

I think the 6235 might be using the W.FL connector (details: http://www.hirose.co...p/e32124820.pdf)

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Tyco antenna connectors do not look small enough when you look at the pictures here http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_3117wt_906

You are right... this one is a standard U.FL. As mentioned in the product description.

But what's in the UX32BD? Is it a special version of the Intel 6235 wifi?

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

You are right... this one is a standard U.FL. As mentioned in the product description.

But what's in the UX32BD? Is it a special version of the Intel 6235 wifi?

Hmm, it might just be. Look at the iFixit link I posted previously and now look at http://www.pricefall...ter/id/47100316
Connectors look bigger don't they? Same model number though... Very strange.

tommyleebass

tommyleebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi. I have created an usb installer with ML GM and Unib******.Installation work perfectly without any flags.But after installation boot only with -x. I have created the folder E/E with fakesmc,nullcpupower,exc.. but nothing. I have try to delete some kext to S/L/E but nothing.When boot -v i have the kernel panic "AGPM controller" and "dsmos has arrived".
With boot flags npci=0x2000 or 3000,busratio=12,graphicsenabler=no,pcirootuid=0,cpus=1 same problem.Any ideas? King Regards

(Asus UX32VD Core i5 1,7 ghz,ssd 32 gb,GeForce gt620m/Intel HD4000)

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts

Hi. I have created an usb installer with ML GM and Unib******.Installation work perfectly without any flags.But after installation boot only with -x. I have created the folder E/E with fakesmc,nullcpupower,exc.. but nothing. I have try to delete some kext to S/L/E but nothing.When boot -v i have the kernel panic "AGPM controller" and "dsmos has arrived".
With boot flags npci=0x2000 or 3000,busratio=12,graphicsenabler=no,pcirootuid=0,cpus=1 same problem.Any ideas? King Regards

(Asus UX32VD Core i5 1,7 ghz,ssd 32 gb,GeForce gt620m/Intel HD4000)

your flag not correct: try this: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 cpus=1 busratio=12 npci=0x3000

EDIT: put FakeSMC.kext an NullCPUP in S/L/E of the your hard disk where you install the system or this not boot

EDIT: put this flag in your boot.plist : for HD 4000

<key>HD4000PlatformId</key>
<string>3</string>

and for boot this flag:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 busratio=12

tommyleebass

tommyleebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

your flag not correct: try this: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 cpus=1 busratio=12 npci=0x3000

EDIT: put FakeSMC.kext an NullCPUP in S/L/E of the your hard disk where you install the system or this not boot

EDIT: put this flag in your boot.plist : for HD 4000

<string>3</string>

and for boot this flag:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 busratio=12

[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform :wallbash:

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
Change your smbios for 9.2 and install this boot loader: Chameleon [PATCHED]

MBP10,1 is the Retina while 9,1 and 9,2 is normal macbookpros with IVY BRIDGE

Attached Files

Burbruee

Burbruee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Just remove IOBluetoothFamily, IOBluetoothHID, GeForce, all NVDA* kexts from /S/L/E and copy all from /Extra/Extensions on USB-stick to /Extra/Extensions on drive and you should be able to boot without -x or special arguments.

I'm having bit of an issue with the system. Can't login to App Store, I get "unknown error" signing in, also noticing stability issues while using net (easytether). Browsing works fine but for example all IM clients tested freeze up and needs to force close almost instantly.

What I mostly need ML on my zenbook is for XCode though, in fact it's the only reason I need the system running. I was able to direct download xcode 4.4.1 from apple devsite so I didn't have to go through App Store. IT won't install, it errors out on something..

tommyleebass

tommyleebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Change your smbios for 9.2 and install this boot loader: Chameleon [PATCHED]

MBP10,1 is the Retina while 9,1 and 9,2 is normal macbookpros with IVY BRIDGE

Attached Files

Thank You MAN! with 9.2 smbios boot perfectly.
Work in progress ..

Thank You MAN! with 9.2 smbios boot perfectly.
Work in progress ..

P.S [My experience ] for the boot without any flags remove only GeForce.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext install smbios (9.2) with Chameleon PATCHED

tommyleebass

tommyleebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
First problem with graphic card...
-with
<string>3</string> or 8 or 9

not work only 1024x768

-with GraphicsEnabler yes and graphicmode 1366x768x32 change resolution but work very bad

with efi string first reboot work ok,second reboot black screen.

any ideas?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
look here :Enable HD 4000 graphics on your Hackintosh (update...

tommyleebass

tommyleebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

look here :Enable HD 4000 graphics on your Hackintosh (update...

Nothing,without EFi string no QE/CI enabled. In the system info intel hd 4000 work with 64mb without kext loaded,with EFI string work perfectly at the first boot when i reboot black screen.

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Just remove IOBluetoothFamily, IOBluetoothHID, GeForce, all NVDA* kexts from /S/L/E and copy all from /Extra/Extensions on USB-stick to /Extra/Extensions on drive and you should be able to boot without -x or special arguments.

I'm having bit of an issue with the system. Can't login to App Store, I get "unknown error" signing in, also noticing stability issues while using net (easytether). Browsing works fine but for example all IM clients tested freeze up and needs to force close almost instantly.

What I mostly need ML on my zenbook is for XCode though, in fact it's the only reason I need the system running. I was able to direct download xcode 4.4.1 from apple devsite so I didn't have to go through App Store. IT won't install, it errors out on something..

I had the same problem with the App store unknown error. It is caused by using internet hardware with an unknown MAC address. When I installed the atheros card i meantioned at the top of the thread it fixed the problem. I know the antenna plugs were a different size but my fix still works and its only $10.

tommyleebass

tommyleebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i have deleted all file on ssd ,and i have reinstalled ML 10.8.1.
I have installed the latest version of chimera bootloader (good for hd4000 :| ),reboot and same problem.
i have checked in Extra and don't have nothing xxxxxx.boot.plist ...where is located the boot file of chimera? :wallbash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy