56 replies to this topic

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Interests:Photography, design, beer.
Based on my previous experience with Nvidia Cards on Desktop systems, i can pretty much conclude GraphicsEnabler=Yes is not doing a good job for your card. My (old) system performs better using the NVEnabler.kext than any other type of EFI string. So you might wan't to give that a try.

sashik

sashik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi people! I have GeForce GTX 550 Ti and it has the same problems: blue screen after resolution change + after awaking from sleep its crashing and showing only artefacts, so hard reset need.
Did someone find a working solution to this problem?
My system configuration is:
ASUS P6T SE
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

AndrewMT

AndrewMT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I would also be very grateful for a solution to this problem. I get the hanging blue screen whenever switching video mode (setting to mirror or unplugging a monitor) and cannot seem to wake the display after it goes to sleep. I can switch the order of my monitors without a crash (change primary and secondary).

I have a Asus G74SX Laptop with a GTX 560m running 10.8. My log when switching to Mirror mode:

7/30/12 11:34:50.000 PM kernel[0]: NVDA(DMA): Channel exception! exception type = 0x1f = Fifo: MMU Error
7/30/12 11:34:55.000 PM kernel[0]: 00000069

mkMoSs

mkMoSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Also have the same problem here on a GT 540m (Sony Vaio Laptop)

Before I installed Mountain Lion I had Lion working perfectly resolutions were changing without any issues, HDMI and VGA was working with no problems.
I have a patched DSTD, using it or not doesn't make a difference.
Also GraphicsEnabler = Yes or No also doesn't make a difference.

dstd or not graphicsenabler or not the GT 540m is always working perfectly with acceleration but when I try to change resolution or connect a monitor to the HDMI port, I get the blue screen and it gets stuck there forever.

Someone has any idea!?!

Kock Ronwell

Kock Ronwell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:MAC OSX and Apps | Hackintosh | Hardware | Gadgets | Tits, Cameltows and Asses

Hi people! I have GeForce GTX 550 Ti and it has the same problems: blue screen after resolution change + after awaking from sleep its crashing and showing only artefacts, so hard reset need.
Did someone find a working solution to this problem?
My system configuration is:
ASUS P6T SE
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Exactly happening to me.... Also it was working perfectly in Snow Lion ! (HP Elitebook - 8560w - Nvidia Quadro 1000M = between GT540M / GT550M)

Somebody has fixed this ? The lack of resume from wake is a real show stopper for me right now ...

StarForge

StarForge

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I'm also experiencing the same problems with my ASUS GeForce 550Ti GTX.Blue screen on changing resolution, artefacts after waking from display sleep (or not waking at all), resuming from computer sleep doesn't work.

Had no problem with my now almost dead GeForce 8800GTS, but foolishly read somewhere that the card (above) worked OOB and bought it a week ago so I'm thinking of going back to Lion for now.

EDIT: replaced the 550 Ti GTX with a 640 GT and everything is right as rain.

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Hi, I have a G74SX laptop and I have the same issues with the GTX 560m. I have done some test. I tried Mountain Lion DP1,DP2, DP3, DP4 and now GM. The issue start in DP3 Version 206j, then DP4, and GM the issue remain. The problem is not related to the NVDAGF100hal or the NVDAResman kext is related to the Graphics Acceleration Kext (Geforce, GeforceGA, GeforceGLDriver, GeforceVa) I tried to use the DP3178Q Drivers on DP4 or GM but it doesn't work. If some knows a way to use the Geforce kext from DP3178Q in GM I´m sure it will solve our problems.

Good Luck

Edited by AREOS, 13 August 2012 - 03:32 PM.

mkMoSs

mkMoSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Nobody has any info on this? Or any kind of solution? It's really weird. It seems that the problem lies with NVIDIA GT / GTS / GTX 4xx / 5xx cards mobile or not.

In my case I have noticed that if I boot ML with the HDMI plugged in (Vaio laptop with GT 540m 1GB) the display works correctly (mirror mode) and no blue screen, however if I try to change resolutions, I get the blue screen.
I might be lucky here cause my external hdmi display and my laptop panel have the same resolution (1920x1080) so it doesn't change the resolution if I unplug and re-plug the hdmi later.

But still if I boot ML without hdmi connected and try to connect it later, I get blue screen...

I really hope that someone figures out what is wrong and maybe provide a fix. Lots of people are suffering from this apparently.
My knowledge is limited I don't even know where to begin searching for what causes this problem.

Edit: Just to show that everything works correctly with my card, except from this annoyance I even hex-edited the GeForceGLDriver.bundle to enable OpenCL on my card and works beautifully. I also have a patched DSDT and so my GraphicsEnabler is set to No.

Attached Files

Colask8

Colask8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Did u try playing games? Can u run Cinebench, cuz i get really low fps in cinebench 18.5fps while in windows i get 50fps. Using GTS 450.

mkMoSs

mkMoSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Did u try playing games? Can u run Cinebench, cuz i get really low fps in cinebench 18.5fps while in windows i get 50fps. Using GTS 450.

Um what? Playing games is irrelevant here, but if it matters to you yes, games play fine in general. Like everyone in this topic, the problem lies when changing resolution and/or plugging/unplugging external monitor. Something crashes and ML most likely has a kernel panic, and the screen gets stuck to light blue color.

b0dyr0ck2008

b0dyr0ck2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I can also confirm that when switching to dual display blue screen output and hard reset is only possible

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
...GT 520 here(Zotac)... dual-screen issue only seems to happen if i enable mirroring on different size screens (2 1280x1024...one crt one lcd works fine) ...when i do blue screen connecting the second monitor(hdmi)...plugging in an adapter(dvi-vga) with nothing connected to it, brought me both screens back from the blue-screen

Attached File  dual screen after blue.png   279.42KB   46 downloads

...ioregistryexplorer shows both displays being rediscovered(and i can change resolutions without crapping out)

Colask8

Colask8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
This is why I asked if you could play games, because I get this. To add I use GraphicsEnabler I didn't try without, since last time I tried before I installed latest drivers, i got KP.

Posted Image

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Still have the same problems after updating to 10.8.2...

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Great news, this (OpenGL) is fixed!!!!

I'm on:
Asus GTS 450 1GB

And most importantly new NVIDIA-drivers:
QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 304.00.05f02

Version:
304.00.05f02
Release Date:

http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html

Tested: changing resolutions; no more blue screens (or actually a blue screen, but then it recovers)
Tested: coming out of 3D game; back normally to desktop

Not tested: display sleep (i've it turned off)

Rockin'! |-)

Edited by fantomas1, 05 October 2012 - 07:19 PM.
Pls, don't put direct link to tonymacx86 ! We don't support it here !

mkMoSs

mkMoSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Great news, this (OpenGL) is fixed!!!!

I'm on:
Asus GTS 450 1GB

And most importantly new NVIDIA-drivers:
QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 304.00.05f02

Version:
304.00.05f02
Release Date:

http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html

Tested: changing resolutions; no more blue screens (or actually a blue screen, but then it recovers)
Tested: coming out of 3D game; back normally to desktop

Not tested: display sleep (i've it turned off)

Rockin'! |-)

Sounds awesome, I will try with my GT 540M and will report back if the issues get fixed

I downloaded the drivers, but they refused to be installed.

This is what i get:
"This computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards."

ps. My card is GT 540M fully working via DSDT except the resolution change issue.

Any ideas how to force the driver to be installed and skip this check?

Attached Files

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
You could extract the files to /System/Library/Extensions/ (backup first ;) from the "304.00.05f02 Web Release.mpkg" file using Pacifist and then repair permissions using Disk Utility

mkMoSs

mkMoSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

You could extract the files to /System/Library/Extensions/ (backup first ;) from the "304.00.05f02 Web Release.mpkg" file using Pacifist and then repair permissions using Disk Utility

Thank you :)

and also YEEEEEEEEAH!!! FINALLY! IT WORKS! Damn it has been so long, this was annoying as hell!

So I confirm it fixes the resolution change / mirror mode / hot plug screen problems. (GT 540M)

Thank you man! I wish you the best!

I suppose its safe to put a [SOLVED] infront of the topic now :D

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Sweet! :-)

x111

x111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I updated to 10.8.2 and installed these drivers for my GTX 560ti (just ran the installer) but it didn't have any effect on the problem whatsoever. Is there something else I should've done? I have no idea how to fix this.

I wrote more about this here Turning off the secondary display produces artifacts, a blue screen and then a crash on GTX 560ti

Thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy