• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

dta

dta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Finally fixed my pstates issue and AGPM is now also loading correctly!
This one drove me crazy unitl I figured it out... my SMBios.plist was somewhat corrupted or there have been missing some entries (I used one generated with Champlist). I created a new one with Chameleon Wizard which contains much more information and now everything works again. SpeedStepping, TurboBoost, AGPM loading up!

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

You have to use gfxutil (google for it) to get device path, command is either: ./gfxutil -f display or maybe ./gfxutil -f GFX0 (if you also have dedicated graphics installed) or maybe ./gfxutil -f IGPU (if you also have dedicated graphics installed) Copy this device path or save it somewhere then you need a .plist with injections (here is mine: https://rapidshare.c...xutil.plist.zip). Paste in your device path and set AAPL,ig-platform-id. Then gfxutil again to get string ./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./gfxutil.plist ./string.hex

thx for your help and explanation
i have far more questions to ask if you don't mind
1. The very pc i am working on doesn't have HD4000.
If I want to get the right efi string, should I type those commands in terminal in Hacks which has HD4000 ?
2. Would u mind re-upload your plist file to another site? I can't manage to download it :(
3. If I do have a discrete video card, shouldn't HD4000 be invalid ?

With the following config, I got GTX 560ti and HD4000 both working

Boot Graphics Yes DropSSDT Yes EnableC2State Yes EnableC3State Yes EnableC4State Yes EthernetBuiltIn Yes GenerateCStates Yes GeneratePStates Yes Graphics Mode 1920x1200x32 GraphicsEnabler Yes Kernel mach_kernel Kernel Flags -v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 Timeout 1 UseKernelCache Yes device-properties 8800000001000000010000007c0000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000007fff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000001a000000496e74656c20484420477261706869637320343030302c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000000090162
Posted Image

Congrats!
it seems to be the first time that I've seen both integrated and discrete cards both work!

dta

dta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

If I want to get the right efi string, should I type those commands in terminal in Hacks which has HD4000 ?
2. Would u mind re-upload your plist file to another site? I can't manage to download it :(

1. Yes, you have to type them exactly on the machine with HD4000 you are going to use
2. http://www.sendspace.com/file/pp1cjz
3. No, both should be recognized (but you would have to enable integrated graphics in BIOS, not PEG)

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

1. Yes, you have to type them exactly on the machine with HD4000 you are going to use 2. http://www.sendspace.com/file/pp1cjz 3. No, both should be recognized (but you would have to enable integrated graphics in BIOS, not PEG)

thanks again for your replies
btw, sendspace seems much nicer for me : )

if I get the right efi string , where should I put the string in the plist file you provide ?
replace PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) with the efi string ?

McDan

McDan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
You dont put the EFI string in that plist file.

You use that plist file provided to generate the EFI String, then you place the EFI sting in your org.chamelon.Boot.plist file (in the "Extra" Folder).

At least thats what how I understood it/did it. Generated EFI string using gfxutil and a plist file like the one dta provided, then put EFI string in chamelon boot plist.

The instructions on the previous page about using gfxutil were exactly what I needed. just follow them through.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

You dont put the EFI string in that plist file. You use that plist file provided to generate the EFI String, then you place the EFI sting in your org.chamelon.Boot.plist file (in the "Extra" Folder). At least thats what how I understood it/did it. Generated EFI string using gfxutil and a plist file like the one dta provided, then put EFI string in chamelon boot plist. The instructions on the previous page about using gfxutil were exactly what I needed. just follow them through.

so all I need to do is change the AAPL platform in the plist file to the one that fits me?
then use the gfxutil to generate efi string with that modified plist file ?

wollvieh

wollvieh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
yes, exactly

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

yes, exactly

thx cannot wait to have a try

dta

dta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Is someone with working HD4000 able to wake up from sleep? My system wakes up but monitor stays black, darkwake=0 does not help ... the monitor does not get a signal from HD4000.

While testing I also noticed some stability issues when overclocking ... anything higher than normal clock (even if I crank up VCore like crazy) will result in a crash as soon as I entered my password and desktop is loading. I think it is a graphics problem because I am getting this repeated times before crash:

WindowServer[77]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 42499

But might be my mainboard not being able to handle overclocks well. Without overclock everything runs fine, weird thing is that I can overclock my GPU without that crash happening, but not my CPU.

McDan

McDan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yeah, I have the same wake from sleep issue. But no problems with overclock - I didnt push it, but 4.0 - 4.1 Ghz was no problems, left it running overnight and all is well.

iHackintosh_PT

iHackintosh_PT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Is someone with working HD4000 able to wake up from sleep? My system wakes up but monitor stays black, darkwake=0 does not help ... the monitor does not get a signal from HD4000.

While testing I also noticed some stability issues when overclocking ... anything higher than normal clock (even if I crank up VCore like crazy) will result in a crash as soon as I entered my password and desktop is loading. I think it is a graphics problem because I am getting this repeated times before crash:

WindowServer[77]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 42499

But might be my mainboard not being able to handle overclocks well. Without overclock everything runs fine, weird thing is that I can overclock my GPU without that crash happening, but not my CPU.

Hi, my sleep its working 100%.. no wake up issues.... one more time, i will say.. its all about the Efi-String and correct SMBios.Plist....

Here you go, for all of you with problems to activate HD 4000....HD 4000.zip

Congrats!
it seems to be the first time that I've seen both integrated and discrete cards both work!

Hi,that`s cuz its a desktop, not a notebook....

dta

dta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi, my sleep its working 100%.. no wake up issues.... one more time, i will say.. its all about the Efi-String and correct SMBios.Plist....

Here you go, for all of you with problems to activate HD 4000....HD 4000.zip

Thanks for your files and good to know your sleep is working. Maybe it's because you have a mobile chipset and myself and McDan are running desktop chipsets. I'm wondering if your device and revision id match exactly with your ig-platform-id, because on my system they don't.

I'm not sure about this but in your AGPM injector you have max-power-state 17 ... aren't there 19 states from 350-1300? Maybe you could try if you are getting higher OpenGL bench results.

chad3000

chad3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Look, I am far from being a guru at this editing of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist! :wallbash: So If somebody could be nice enough to take a look at my org.chameleon.Boot.plist to help me edit this so its more correct I would be very very happy. I know I am probably going about this totally wrong so any help is very much appreciated.

My setup:

Mountain Lion 10.8

Asus P8Z77-V LK

[font=inherit !important][font=inherit !important]Intel [/font][font=inherit !important]Core [/font][font=inherit !important]i5[/font][/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

-3570k HD Graphics 4000

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

8GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 PC3-10666

[/font]

z<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x01620007</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>Intel HD Graphics 4000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

"[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

Here you go, for all of you with problems to activate HD 4000....

[/font]HD 4000.zip"

ok, what do I do with these files exactly? I know the LegacyAGPM.kext will install in System/Library/Extensions but as for the other three .txt files do they just go in Extra? Sorry to be a little clueless about these things but I don't have a lot of experience with this.....

I have everything working right now, sound, ethernet, native resolution but no accelerated graphics on the HD 4000

McDan

McDan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yes, I think my sleep issue is due to the fact I'm using device Id 01620005 in the efi string but my chip device Id is 01620009. I've tried using that but no joy, as expected to be honest as the only desktop chips (0162xxxx as opposed to 0166xxxx) that are listed in the HD4000kext are 01620005, 01620006 and 01620007 - although from those only 01620005 seems to work/be active.

chad3000

chad3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Thanks a lot for all the help! :thumbsup_anim:

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

Hi, my sleep its working 100%.. no wake up issues.... one more time, i will say.. its all about the Efi-String and correct SMBios.Plist.... Here you go, for all of you with problems to activate HD 4000....HD 4000.zip Hi,that`s cuz its a desktop, not a notebook....

since they both work
can u switch between them ?

iHackintosh_PT

iHackintosh_PT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
No,only IntelHD will work for now, i mean, on notebooks, on desktop, you can disable the integrated graphics and use your off board gpu....... nobody has both gpu´s working on notebooks.... i have my nvidia recognized also, but dont work at all...

Taruga

Taruga

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 528 posts

No,only IntelHD will work for now... nobody has both gpu´s working.... i have my nvidia recognized also, but dont work at all...

"..nobody has both gpu´s working "... What ?!

Did you see my post #32 ? I have both GTX 560ti and HD4000 working with separate monitors

iHackintosh_PT

iHackintosh_PT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Desktop, not notebook.....

dta

dta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Is someone also experiencing that deinterlacing in DVD player is not working correctly? No matter what settings, it's doing nothing. Switched back to my Geforce 8600GTS to check if it's a bug in ML but it's working there.
Also Safari crashed on me twice with an error message from WindowServer in logs.

I am currently on my 8600GTS again and no crashes so far.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD4000, 3770, Mountain Lion, Lion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy