R.I.P. RevoGirl

Alessandro17

30 posts in this topic

Per chi non lo sapesse già, ieri è venuta a mancare la nostra compagna di forum Samantha, meglio nota come RevoGirl.

E' stata causa di controversie mentre era nel forum, in parte dovute alla sua giovane età, ma penso soprattutto alla sua malattia.

Io però ero stato quasi sempre dalla sua parte.

Profeticamente aveva sostituito il suo nick con Time2Retire.

Era una giovanissima, brillante ragazza che aveva contribuito molto alla comunità OSx86 (su questo buoo potrà darvi ulteriori chiarimenti).

Riposa in pace, cara amica, non ti dimenticheremo.

• Like 2

Well the 'secret project' that her brother has revealed on her blog has initially shocked me but I was relieved after he posted an update saying that the operation was successful.

I'm totally shocked to read this piece of news (if I could even call it so), deary me .. even with such a high chance of successful stem cell transplantation we have lost a faithful so incredibly open-minded person. I'm really sorry to hear that. My warmest condolences go to her family.

Rest in Peace, dear Samantha...

Non ero a conoscenza della sua malattia...ho letto spessissimo di lei...

Con grande amarezza..riposa in pace Samantha..

I am totally devastated to read this news.

I notice that her blog has been removed.

Samantha was only one of a kind. I understand that she worked for Apple as an intern for a period, and i though she would be older than 16, she was sometimes controversial and took issues with some of the well established mainstream hackers. But she with the help of others created Revoboot, an unique way of booting OSX on intel PCs, which I sadly was never able to get my head around.

She helped me have "Back To My Mac" permanently active on my computer.

She helped hack the Asus Bios to overcome the KPs.

She was always very helpful to noobs like me, and I will miss her blog.

Sam - we loved your attitude and your determination and many of us will miss you.

Pike (Sam's brother) if you read this, I hope that you are ok..

Blessings & RIP.

• Like 1

Pike (Sam's brother) if you read this, I hope that you are ok..

Indeed. My thoughts have been very much with Pike and the rest of her family. In times like this, it is them who suffer most.

• 2 weeks later...

C'é sempre un sapore di ingiustizia quando la morte si prende una giovane vita.

Assolutamente vero. Quando muore un novantenne famoso e tutti cominciano a dire: "grande perdita".... io non posso fare a meno di pensare: "si, ma quanto volevate che campasse?"

Invece quando muore una persona giovane un gran senso di dolore mi stringe il petto.

• Like 1