• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ak882002

ak882002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am looking for anyone who has successfully installed OSx86 on a Dell N5050 Laptop or anyone with any information I can get on doing this correctly. I have installed OSx86 on my other Dells in the past without any problems. I just recently purchased this Dell laptop and all my attempts to install have not worked. I always get kernel panics at the boot of the install. I have tried Hazard OSx86 10.6.2 as well as iAtkos L2 and get kernel panic with Hazard and iAtkos doesn't even boot for me. If anyone has a OSx86 install iso that they think would work better I am open to suggestions. Also if someone has a different way for me to boot the install I already have that would be great also. Thanks in advance with your help!

I Have also looked in to the guide for this laptop on osx86project and they have a working install but it uses ###### with a retail copy of osx. I am looking for a osx86 installation iso that I can burn and use the disk to install thanks.

Heres the specs for the Dell N5050 Laptop

- CPU "Intel® Core™ i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz"

- Graphic Card "Intel® Processor Graphics 3000"

- Board Chipset "HM67"

- Wlan & Network Chipset "Wireless Dell Wireless 1702" Not sure on the wired one..

- Audio Card "Not sure may be a realtek built in audio.. I can figure this out after getting osx86 installed"

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,755 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

install lion

if u want to install snow, must use a legacy_boot cd, u cpu only supported in 10.6.8

until there must use a legacy_kernel, same thing with graphics

good hack

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Has anyone been successful getting this to work on 10.7 or 10.8? If so can you give a bit more detailed guide then the one in the wiki?

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
I am going to skip the snow leopard part, have another hackintosh I can generate the installs from. I think you may have hit the nail on the head about what kexts to remove though. Will give that a shot as soon as I have some time. Thanks!

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
So apparently the most helpful reply I received has since been removed. Glad I kept an e-mail copy. Why was that censored?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy