[AMD] 10.7.3 Guide - Experimental Only

Devout

210 posts in this topic

my grafic card is ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB

what would b my

ncpi=0x????

and also the Kernel Flags

"-legacy -v ncpi=0x????" can b edited in any .plist file and keep it permanent? insted of typing it every time while booting?

I have a XFX ATI 5770 I flashed a older bios to the card so that it can run out of the box for lion using chimera bootloader.

Add kernel flags to the org.chameleon.boot.plist file in /Extra folder under the Kernel Flags section.

Try npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 those are the general values. npci=0x3000 works for me on my motherboard (Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H)

Method 2 install worked on ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 motherboard and AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor.

Here's some troubleshooting information you can add to your guide if you'd like.

Enabling hardware sensors in the iAtkos L2 install can cause FakeSMC to kernel panic. To fix this, simply remove FakeSMC.kext from S/L/E (note that this of course disables hardware sensoring capabilities).

Instead of typing npci=0x2000/0x3000 as a boot flag, simply install the IOPCIFamily patch in the iAtkos L2 install.

If your system hangs at "DSMOS has arrived", add -legacy to your bootflags.

I had some issues with installing Chameleon, which was odd since I've never had trouble with it, but I figure it's due to my EFI partition, so I'll have to format that if I install Lion again.

However, I'm going to continue to wait for a more stable kernel. Thank you for this guide, it was a tremendous help.

Even I had trouble completing the installation with a bootloader selected in iAtkos L2 installer. A manual installation of the bootloader did the work though :)

Method 2 install worked on ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 motherboard and AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor.

Here's some troubleshooting information you can add to your guide if you'd like.

Enabling hardware sensors in the iAtkos L2 install can cause FakeSMC to kernel panic. To fix this, simply remove FakeSMC.kext from S/L/E (note that this of course disables hardware sensoring capabilities).

Instead of typing npci=0x2000/0x3000 as a boot flag, simply install the IOPCIFamily patch in the iAtkos L2 install.

If your system hangs at "DSMOS has arrived", add -legacy to your bootflags.

I had some issues with installing Chameleon, which was odd since I've never had trouble with it, but I figure it's due to my EFI partition, so I'll have to format that if I install Lion again.

However, I'm going to continue to wait for a more stable kernel. Thank you for this guide, it was a tremendous help.

-legacy is needed, yes you're right about the other two. :) Use Chameleon Wizard, I've found it a lot more easier to install and update to the latest trunk.

my grafic card is ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB

what would b my

ncpi=0x????

and also the Kernel Flags

"-legacy -v ncpi=0x????" can b edited in any .plist file and keep it permanent? insted of typing it every time while booting?

npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 is used when you're stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin], use this to bypass it. For your graphics card: http://www.osx86.net/downloads/search.html#result

Also there is a rare error, which my motherboard has where my keyboard just can't be plugged in unless I use bootflag USBLegacyOff=Yes. Try unplugging your keyboard after entering bootflags and pressing enter and then unplug. Strange, but I've stalled there numerous times. Also custom kexts shouldn't be used but Evoreboot didn't effect my installation, but you could have some that may be causing a problem. Also your motherboard might has different setting slots for Drives 1 - 4, Drives 5 - 7. Maybe you set AHCI to 1 - 4 but your drive is connected to the 5 - 7 slots, so in theory it's not actually AHCI?

Here's some of the custom kexts I've installed:

1. FakeSMC.
  2. EvoreBoot.
  3. Disabler.
  4. IOPCIFamily.
  5. RTC.
  6. Realtek RTL.

• ATI5000.kext configured - For my 5770
  • Atheros Fix - for wireless card (D-LINK G520 REV. B4)
  • VoodooHDA - but keyboard has a built-in sound card too (native) so I don't use motherboard sound card.

Also guide updated, my system seems more stable. See FAQ.

Hey this doesn't fixed the problem. iThink it's because some sort of connection between mac os x and my motherboard - ASUS M4a785-T. IDK what to do now, though. Any help will be appreciated. :)

Hey this doesn't fixed the problem. iThink it's because some sort of connection between mac os x and my motherboard - ASUS M4a785-T. IDK what to do now, though. Any help will be appreciated. :)

My motherboard is M4A785-M EVO, very similar. You're family and model number is 10/4? South bridge S600?

my SB is 710, and my CPu is Phenom ii x4 925 if that's what you mean.

Did you try:

Also there is a rare error, which my motherboard has where my keyboard just can't be plugged in unless I use bootflag USBLegacyOff=Yes. Try unplugging your keyboard after entering bootflags and pressing enter and then unplug. Strange, but I've stalled there numerous times.

Confirmed Working :D

CPU : AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2Ghz

GFX: ATI XFX 5770

Mobo:Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H

HDD in AHCI Mode

Kernel Flags : -legacy -v npci=0x3000

Thanks a lot for the tutorial :)

Thank God, I have the same config. Will attempt this this weekend.

• Like 1

I'm currently trying to install iATKOS L2 with the OSInstall.mpkg method.

I installed it and then patched the mach_kernel, I tried all 5. (I think 4 or 5)

When I try to boot it, it's the black screen after "Loading Darwin x86".

Some information: Using VirtualBox, CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71GHz.

I have 2GB of RAM available, and I gave the VM 1.2GB.

Help please?

I'm currently trying to install iATKOS L2 with the OSInstall.mpkg method.

I installed it and then patched the mach_kernel, I tried all 5. (I think 4 or 5)

When I try to boot it, it's the black screen after "Loading Darwin x86".

Some information: Using VirtualBox, CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71GHz.

I have 2GB of RAM available, and I gave the VM 1.2GB.

Help please?

By patching it you mean replacing the mach_kernel with one of those linked within the guide? Also sounds like you need a newer build of Chameleon. You should install a newer version using Chameleon Wizard or re-install a newer version. It does work on VM though, I've got it working.

my SB is 710, and my CPu is Phenom ii x4 925 if that's what you mean.

All in All, I think it should work. Can you talk me through the steps you took, simple? Have you got a screenshot of the verbose, it would clear a lot more then just one line :)

method 2 confirmed working.

however, i had to use a custom kext (AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext) to get it to fully load and see the boot source.

my specs:

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ Toledo

4GB Patriot DDR 400 (PC 3200)

eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640Mb 320-bit GDDR3

500GB IDE WD Caviar Blue (OSx86 Snow Leopard)

120GB SATA3 Corsair Force 3 SSD (Windows 7)

1TB SATA2 WD Caviar Black

1TB SATA2 WD Caviar Black

40GB SATA WD Caviar (OSx86 Lion)

NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW IDE

D-Link DWL-AG530 IEEE 802.11a/b/g PCI Tri-Mode

ASPIRE X-Superalien ATXA6SW-BK/500W

hmmmmm, looks like my system will load Lion as I see X4 955 is on the list and I know my board works. but the whole point getting Lion is to use iCloud. I guess I will wait.

By patching it you mean replacing the mach_kernel with one of those linked within the guide? Also sounds like you need a newer build of Chameleon. You should install a newer version using Chameleon Wizard or re-install a newer version. It does work on VM though, I've got it working.

All in All, I think it should work. Can you talk me through the steps you took, simple? Have you got a screenshot of the verbose, it would clear a lot more then just one line :)

Yeah, I mean replacing it, that basicly IS patching...

Well, I'll go try doing that now, gotta re-install OS X and redownload Lion.

(Doesn't Chameleon only work with Intel CPU's?)

Can anyone help me whenever I use V4 of mach_kernel my pc resets. but when I use V5 it loads but only to USB portion and then is says "Still waiting for root device". thanks for any help in advance

Post your PC's Config.

Make sure your HDD is set to AHCI mode in the BIOS and connected to the first SATA port :)

• Like 1

Post your PC's Config.

Make sure your HDD is set to AHCI mode in the BIOS and connected to the first SATA port :)

CPU:AMD fx-8120 4.7ghz

MEM: 8 GB DDR3 1333

HD: 80 GB SATA AHCI

MB: Sabertooth 990fx

CASE: CM HAF 932

GPU: Galaxy 560 Ti

Boot Flags for V5 I am using are: -legacy -v -f npci=0x3000

IMG_0343.JPG

-v npci=0x3000

arch=i386

or

-legacy -v npci=0x3000

arch=i386

or

or

-v -legacy npci=0x3000

as stated above

-legacy -v -f npci=0x3000

V4 just reads HFS+ when this is done is just restarts.

V5 gets past this goes to AppleUSBOHCI check sleep compatibility and then still waiting on root device as shown by my picture above.

My install procedure was :

1. Use Macbook Air and install OSX LION 10.7.3 (from app store not Iatkos) on Sata HD using a SATA to USB

2. Install chameleon boot loader and replaced mach_kernel

3. Put HD in computer and tried to boot.

as stated above

-legacy -v -f npci=0x3000

V4 just reads HFS+ when this is done is just restarts.

V5 gets past this goes to AppleUSBOHCI check sleep compatibility and then still waiting on root device as shown by my picture above.

My install procedure was :

1. Use Macbook Air and install OSX LION 10.7.3 (from app store not Iatkos) on Sata HD using a SATA to USB

2. Install chameleon boot loader and replaced mach_kernel

3. Put HD in computer and tried to boot.

Sounds good, but have you actually went into BIOS and set the Hard drive Sata Port to AHCI mode instead of IDE/Raid.

Yes I have my SATA III is set to AHCI and i cannot change SATA II (idk what it is). I have to controllers on my board the SATA III one is SB950 and the SATA II one is JBmicron 362.

I have tried both and neither work (same problem0

(Just as a Side note by (SATA III) I mean REV III which runs at 6 GB/s. By (SATA II) I mean 3 GB/s.