* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

punknugget a small question from germany since I'm working as an system administrator where we use a lot of calculators with 96gb of ram and more for our calculs. what are you using that machine for?

I PM'd you. Also, I just a pic of what I think is your aluminum "cube" hack. Is that yours? If it is, you really need to enter it here on MacMod of the Month. I like it... :)

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
got your PM, i will answer you.

and sure, it is ;) - the iMovie platform for my dad. corei3, now 16gig ram, 256gig ssd, and next month with a passiv cooled radeon hd7750 dedicated graphic.
my hackintosh is the first corei7 system in my signature (13000 geekbench points with 18gig ram) for my matlab stuff. i will post a topic for both sometimes soon, maybe ;)

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,321 posts
You get my vote for MacMod of the YEAR!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,918 posts

Well, i simply cannot completely rule performance out in favor of aesthetics and "coolness", so my vote goes to the green-blooded Hulkintosh who gets 36.000+ points in Geekbench: the Hackinbeast!

P.S.: the mod is also cool, don't get me wrong!

:P

You got my vote for the macmod of the year!

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

Well, i simply cannot completely rule performance out in favor of aesthetics and "coolness", so my vote goes to the green-blooded Hulkintosh who gets 36.000+ points in Geekbench: the Hackinbeast!

P.S.: the mod is also cool, don't get me wrong!

:P

You got my vote for the macmod of the year!

Thank you very much, I appreciate the Big-Ups on this project. My b-day is coming up soon, so this would be an honor to win MacMod of the Year. By the way, I'm already working on another one coming up for next year's MacMod build off... B)

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I vote for this build .. well done!!

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
my vote for mod of the year

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,918 posts
A question, Punk Nugget: why 10.7.2 and 10.6.7 instead of 10.7.5 (or even 10.8.2) and 10.6.8?

Best regards.

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

A question, Punk Nugget: why 10.7.2 and 10.6.7 instead of 10.7.5 (or even 10.8.2) and 10.6.8?

Best regards.

For UC'ing purposes that was the way to go. I've since upgraded to 10.8.2 and now have it back to stock settings (even though it's STILL a screamin' machine). I've felt like I've proven to myself that anything can be achieved (even for a n00b like me). I still can't believe that after 3 years of the the SR-2's release, it's been the TOP DOG when it comes to staying on top OVER the Mac Pro. I have a feeling that will continue till the end of the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,918 posts
Wait: are you saying that some specific OSX iterations can improve performance in a consistent way? Say, i already read lots of testimonials about Snow Leopard being the best of the OSX releases (but always in a very subjective and un-measurable way), but why specifically 10.6.7, not 10.6.8, which is safer and addresses some previous bugs?

Best regards!

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

Wait: are you saying that some specific OSX iterations can improve performance in a consistent way? Say, i already read lots of testimonials about Snow Leopard being the best of the OSX releases (but always in a very subjective and un-measurable way), but why specifically 10.6.7, not 10.6.8, which is safer and addresses some previous bugs?

Best regards!

I don't know, you're going to have to ask Tutor on this very long and detailed post:

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1333421

Enjoy reading through the many pages of info.... hee hee hee hee ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... :|

CoSmA

CoSmA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Dear PunkNugget ,i saw your video (of this pc) but i first saw it years ago ,and it used to have a sick beat 

i`ve been searching for it again and again without finding it it was soemthing liek and upbeat tune and the lyrics were (if u want it you got it ) :))

This may sound like a joke but i am dead serious please help me find that song ,i only find old music by searching after the lyrics .

Thx 

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

One word: Crazy! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy