• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

EvilMacMongo

EvilMacMongo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:I really love screwing up expensive things, that's why I'm learning macs
what do you mean he ALMOST could play crysis? I play it on ultimate with very minor skipping and I only have a $120 graphics card. He should be able to play it no problem.

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

I don't think you need to worry about a screen saver using up CPU or GPU power, wouldn't even make that beast flinch. Got enough horse power you could almost play Crysis:)

I know that I could, I just don't like clogging up my system more than I have to. Plus, when it comes to Crysis I have EVGA GTX 580 3GB GPU, so I know that I easily play Crysis, but I don't have that kind of time to do that. Would be nice though... :)

redrat76

redrat76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
{censored} Amazing build !!!! nice work guy !!!!!!

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

what do you mean he ALMOST could play crysis? I play it on ultimate with very minor skipping and I only have a $120 graphics card. He should be able to play it no problem.

I know that I could, I just don't like clogging up my system more than I have to. Plus, when it comes to Crysis I have EVGA GTX 580 3GB GPU, so I know that I easily play Crysis, but I don't have that kind of time to do that. Would be nice though... :)

Of course you can pwn Crysis! I hope that meme isn't so old it's been forgotten or people might start getting rickrolled again :D

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

{censored} Amazing build !!!! nice work guy !!!!!!

Thanks for the Big-Ups; never get tired of hearing them. Again, thanks... :thumbsup_anim:

Of course you can pwn Crysis! I hope that meme isn't so old it's been forgotten or people might start getting rickrolled again :D

Actually you unknowingly got me on that one as I've never knew that to be a "RickRolled" comment. I actually thought that you were legitimately asking me a serious question - LOL !!! :lol: I'll know better next time...

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
cristo! 6 app in 7 secs!!!

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

cristo! 6 app in 7 secs!!!

Maybe you had a typo, but the video I had from another builder was able to open 56 apps in 7 seconds... Even though this vid is about 2 years old that's STILL AMAZING !!!

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
ah sorry... I typed too quicly.. 56 not 6.. eh!!
the gesus exclamation is a great ovation to your incredible machine. I think .. in the end.. your architecture is greather that a normal mac osx server.. isn't it?

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

ah sorry... I typed too quicly.. 56 not 6.. eh!!
the gesus exclamation is a great ovation to your incredible machine. I think .. in the end.. your architecture is greather that a normal mac osx server.. isn't it?

I hope it is. All I know is that this machine is a beast in rendering speed, so I'm grateful... :)

kmisterk

kmisterk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Macs, PC's, Android, Technology in general.
No complaints about quick rendering lol.

Fairlyodd

Fairlyodd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
WOW! That is some real eye candy. Awesome job M8, hands down the best system I have seen in a long time. If I could give you ten votes I would, but I can only give you 1, so you have my vote for sure. :king:

Woops that contest is already finished and you won...lol...well if I could have voted you would have had mine for sure!

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.
WTF!! I love it ..

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,446 posts
Great project
Hey man , can you attached pic bios for overclock , i see your impostation .
And why dont write a tutorial for installation lion or snow ....your extra and your kext.
Sorry for my bad english
Regard

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

WOW! That is some real eye candy. Awesome job M8, hands down the best system I have seen in a long time. If I could give you ten votes I would, but I can only give you 1, so you have my vote for sure. :king:

Woops that contest is already finished and you won...lol...well if I could have voted you would have had mine for sure!

Thanks, that means a lot.

WTF!! I love it ..

Thank you too...

Great project
Hey man , can you attached pic bios for overclock , i see your impostation .
And why dont write a tutorial for installation lion or snow ....your extra and your kext.
Sorry for my bad english
Regard

If you want any idea of what it took to get this done (for anyone that is interested) please PM me and I will get you the painstaking links to the referenced sites so you can proceed. Thanks...

When it comes to getting pics on the GB scores I will provide that link here:

http://browser.prima...ekbench2/610857

Hope this helps... Later... B)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

When it comes to getting pics on the GB scores I will provide that link here:

http://browser.prima...ekbench2/610857

Hope this helps... Later... B)

That's an interesting BIOS revision your using :) Totally kick ass btw! I think it's unfair that having more ram does not increase the memory scores and actually tends to drop them down a bit :( Oh well, when I rule the world I guess.

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

That's an interesting BIOS revision your using :) Totally kick ass btw! I think it's unfair that having more ram does not increase the memory scores and actually tends to drop them down a bit :( Oh well, when I rule the world I guess.

If you (or anyone else) wants to learn how to really take advantage of maxing out your CPUs Overclocking is NOT the way to go, UNDERCLOCKING is truly the best way to make your machine run better, more efficient and faster. Tutor is truly the master at what he does and has been a tremendous help to me and others out there that want to learn this "new" method of OC'ing; by UC'ing...

Go here to take advantage of the help and start from the beginning and read it through until the end:

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1333421

It's going to take some time, but it's worth it in the end...

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

If you (or anyone else) wants to learn how to really take advantage of maxing out your CPUs Overclocking is NOT the way to go, UNDERCLOCKING is truly the best way to make your machine run better, more efficient and faster. Tutor is truly the master at what he does and has been a tremendous help to me and others out there that want to learn this "new" method of OC'ing; by UC'ing... Go here to take advantage of the help and start from the beginning and read it through until the end: http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1333421 It's going to take some time, but it's worth it in the end...

I looked into this, I'm always willing to try new things and can always change it back, but have found nothing about doing it on x58 :(

on a side note, since some are into modding their desktop's with Geektool or other similar personal touches that maybe go beyond just wallpaper, what about a similar thread to the Mac Mod of the Month focused on that software side of modding? Good part is it's generally free, so people with laptops or any type of hardware can participate all on level playing field without any need for fancy hardware.

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Geek

• Local Moderators
  • 199 posts

I looked into this, I'm always willing to try new things and can always change it back, but have found nothing about doing it on x58 :(

Actually test there is for X58. I had encouraged another UC seeker to ask Tutor and he spent quite a bit of time helping this guy with a similar setup that I have, using a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 mobo. In fact it's the exact same setup. I have mine at 4.2GHz (OC'd) and have a GB score of 18,585 and he has UC'd his an now has over 19,000 !!! So it's now even better and runs cooler. So you can do it. Just read and ask Tutor for help... :-) Later...

tripudio69

tripudio69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi PunkNugget,
your mod is very well done, impressive and unique, you took much care of details as we can see in your nice pictures, Congratulations !!!!
Amazing mod!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
punknugget a small question from germany since I'm working as an system administrator where we use a lot of calculators with 96gb of ram and more for our calculs. what are you using that machine for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy