PunkNugget's Mod - THE HACKINBEAST !

PunkNugget

73 posts in this topic

WOW! That is some real eye candy. Awesome job M8, hands down the best system I have seen in a long time. If I could give you ten votes I would, but I can only give you 1, so you have my vote for sure. :king:

Woops that contest is already finished and you won...lol...well if I could have voted you would have had mine for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! That is some real eye candy. Awesome job M8, hands down the best system I have seen in a long time. If I could give you ten votes I would, but I can only give you 1, so you have my vote for sure. :king:

Woops that contest is already finished and you won...lol...well if I could have voted you would have had mine for sure!

Thanks, that means a lot.

WTF!! I love it ..

Thank you too...

Great project

Hey man , can you attached pic bios for overclock , i see your impostation .

And why dont write a tutorial for installation lion or snow ....your extra and your kext.

Sorry for my bad english

Regard

If you want any idea of what it took to get this done (for anyone that is interested) please PM me and I will get you the painstaking links to the referenced sites so you can proceed. Thanks...

When it comes to getting pics on the GB scores I will provide that link here:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/610857

Hope this helps... Later... B)

When it comes to getting pics on the GB scores I will provide that link here:

http://browser.prima...ekbench2/610857

Hope this helps... Later... B)

That's an interesting BIOS revision your using :) Totally kick ass btw! I think it's unfair that having more ram does not increase the memory scores and actually tends to drop them down a bit :( Oh well, when I rule the world I guess.

That's an interesting BIOS revision your using :) Totally kick ass btw! I think it's unfair that having more ram does not increase the memory scores and actually tends to drop them down a bit :( Oh well, when I rule the world I guess.

If you (or anyone else) wants to learn how to really take advantage of maxing out your CPUs Overclocking is NOT the way to go, UNDERCLOCKING is truly the best way to make your machine run better, more efficient and faster. Tutor is truly the master at what he does and has been a tremendous help to me and others out there that want to learn this "new" method of OC'ing; by UC'ing...

Go here to take advantage of the help and start from the beginning and read it through until the end:

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1333421

It's going to take some time, but it's worth it in the end...

• 2 weeks later...
If you (or anyone else) wants to learn how to really take advantage of maxing out your CPUs Overclocking is NOT the way to go, UNDERCLOCKING is truly the best way to make your machine run better, more efficient and faster. Tutor is truly the master at what he does and has been a tremendous help to me and others out there that want to learn this "new" method of OC'ing; by UC'ing... Go here to take advantage of the help and start from the beginning and read it through until the end: http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1333421 It's going to take some time, but it's worth it in the end...
I looked into this, I'm always willing to try new things and can always change it back, but have found nothing about doing it on x58 :(

on a side note, since some are into modding their desktop's with Geektool or other similar personal touches that maybe go beyond just wallpaper, what about a similar thread to the Mac Mod of the Month focused on that software side of modding? Good part is it's generally free, so people with laptops or any type of hardware can participate all on level playing field without any need for fancy hardware.

I looked into this, I'm always willing to try new things and can always change it back, but have found nothing about doing it on x58 :(

Actually test there is for X58. I had encouraged another UC seeker to ask Tutor and he spent quite a bit of time helping this guy with a similar setup that I have, using a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 mobo. In fact it's the exact same setup. I have mine at 4.2GHz (OC'd) and have a GB score of 18,585 and he has UC'd his an now has over 19,000 !!! So it's now even better and runs cooler. So you can do it. Just read and ask Tutor for help... :-) Later...

• 2 weeks later...
punknugget a small question from germany since I'm working as an system administrator where we use a lot of calculators with 96gb of ram and more for our calculs. what are you using that machine for?

I PM'd you. Also, I just a pic of what I think is your aluminum "cube" hack. Is that yours? If it is, you really need to enter it here on MacMod of the Month. I like it... :)

got your PM, i will answer you.

and sure, it is ;) - the iMovie platform for my dad. corei3, now 16gig ram, 256gig ssd, and next month with a passiv cooled radeon hd7750 dedicated graphic.

my hackintosh is the first corei7 system in my signature (13000 geekbench points with 18gig ram) for my matlab stuff. i will post a topic for both sometimes soon, maybe ;)

• 4 months later...

Well, i simply cannot completely rule performance out in favor of aesthetics and "coolness", so my vote goes to the green-blooded Hulkintosh who gets 36.000+ points in Geekbench: the Hackinbeast!

P.S.: the mod is also cool, don't get me wrong!

:P

You got my vote for the macmod of the year!

Well, i simply cannot completely rule performance out in favor of aesthetics and "coolness", so my vote goes to the green-blooded Hulkintosh who gets 36.000+ points in Geekbench: the Hackinbeast!

P.S.: the mod is also cool, don't get me wrong!

:P

You got my vote for the macmod of the year!

Thank you very much, I appreciate the Big-Ups on this project. My b-day is coming up soon, so this would be an honor to win MacMod of the Year. By the way, I'm already working on another one coming up for next year's MacMod build off... B)

• 4 weeks later...

A question, Punk Nugget: why 10.7.2 and 10.6.7 instead of 10.7.5 (or even 10.8.2) and 10.6.8?

Best regards.

For UC'ing purposes that was the way to go. I've since upgraded to 10.8.2 and now have it back to stock settings (even though it's STILL a screamin' machine). I've felt like I've proven to myself that anything can be achieved (even for a n00b like me). I still can't believe that after 3 years of the the SR-2's release, it's been the TOP DOG when it comes to staying on top OVER the Mac Pro. I have a feeling that will continue till the end of the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

Wait: are you saying that some specific OSX iterations can improve performance in a consistent way? Say, i already read lots of testimonials about Snow Leopard being the best of the OSX releases (but always in a very subjective and un-measurable way), but why specifically 10.6.7, not 10.6.8, which is safer and addresses some previous bugs?

Best regards!

Wait: are you saying that some specific OSX iterations can improve performance in a consistent way? Say, i already read lots of testimonials about Snow Leopard being the best of the OSX releases (but always in a very subjective and un-measurable way), but why specifically 10.6.7, not 10.6.8, which is safer and addresses some previous bugs?

Best regards!

I don't know, you're going to have to ask Tutor on this very long and detailed post:

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1333421

Enjoy reading through the many pages of info.... hee hee hee hee ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... :|

• 4 months later...

Dear PunkNugget ,i saw your video (of this pc) but i first saw it years ago ,and it used to have a sick beat 

i`ve been searching for it again and again without finding it it was soemthing liek and upbeat tune and the lyrics were (if u want it you got it ) :))

This may sound like a joke but i am dead serious please help me find that song ,i only find old music by searching after the lyrics .

Thx