The inevitable P8P67 Pro install guide...

^Andy^

193 posts in this topic

Andy,

Massive thanks as usual for your work. However you should be aware that your latest package is not patched for MBR partitions, and I had to manually patch the OSInstall framework and replace OSInstall.mpkg to make the installer work on my hybrid MBR/GUI partition.

Cheers

Andy,

Massive thanks as usual for your work. However you should be aware that your latest package is not patched for MBR partitions, and I had to manually patch the OSInstall framework and replace OSInstall.mpkg to make the installer work on my hybrid MBR/GUI partition.

Cheers

Yup, I figured it's easy enough for people to lookup if they want to install to mbr. Including that patch limits the usefullness of the usb installer for future versions so I decided not to include it.

Yup, I figured it's easy enough for people to lookup if they want to install to mbr. Including that patch limits the usefullness of the usb installer for future versions so I decided not to include it.

Fair enough. Everything is working fine on my install except one thing: Safari iCloud tabs aren't working, and there isn't any info on google besides Apple's very basic troubleshooting steps (which don't work).

It's working between my macbook pro and my iphone tough, so maybe it's a hackintosh issue.

edited: I meant Safari iCloud tabs

• 3 weeks later...

Just upgraded to 10.8.2. No problems except audio stopped working, easily fixed by replacing AppleHDA.kext.

I installed 10.8.2 on my today because 10.8 was to buggy. After installation i was not able to make my sound work ( being detected) anymore.

What did you replace the AppleHDA.kext with? I tried to use the one of my 10.8 installation but it did not have any effect. (everything else works fine.)

Thanks for your help

I installed 10.8.2 on my today because 10.8 was to buggy. After installation i was not able to make my sound work ( being detected) anymore.

What did you replace the AppleHDA.kext with? I tried to use the one of my 10.8 installation but it did not have any effect. (everything else works fine.)

Thanks for your help

Just run the package again - sometimes the sound wont stick on the the first run.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you find the motherboard revision? All Asus can tell me is that it's Rev B3, which I already know. On the site it says Rev 3.0 boards have NEC USB 3.0 controller, and Rev 3.1 has ASMedia, but mine is Renasas. I bought my board before they discovered the SATA issue and sent it in for repair/replacement (hopefully the latter). It says Rev 1.01 on the board itself.

Thanks Andy for all your help.

Apparently, the only difference between Rev 3.0 and 3.1 is the USB 3.0 controller, as indicated above. Renasas merged with NEC, so apparently I have Rev 3.0? I don't know any other way of telling...

Update: I flashed the BIOS with the modified 3.0, no problems. After deleting NullCPUPowerManagement and clearing cache (~/Caches/), sleep and speedstep still don't work...

Tried patching AppleCPUPowerManagement via Uni.beast ML and installing SleepEnabler, which just results in a KP.

Thank you.

But it did't work. Am i the only one with this problem?

I also had this same problem, several months ago I ended up breaking my system with a bogus driver, now I get the grey screen when I start up. I gave up after that :(

My boot loader also sometimes doesn't allow the USB to work, so I have to reset my computer 3-4 times before I can change the boot selection to boot to my windows drive. I'm kinda lost now because I haven't thought about this is such a long time. If you get it working, I'll be watching so I can try the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the 1tb partition limit still exists with chameleon? Haven't found anything written recently saying so either way.

Either way the limit only applies to the boot partition correct? I could have a second 3 tab drive all one partition if I wanted to?

Anyone know if the 1tb partition limit still exists with chameleon? Haven't found anything written recently saying so either way.

Either way the limit only applies to the boot partition correct? I could have a second 3 tab drive all one partition if I wanted to?

As far as I know the limit was only on the boot partition so you 'should' be fine.

Thank you.

But it did't work. Am i the only one with this problem?

Are you using a 3,000 series bios? As far as I know the latest bios versions will break audio and last i checked there was no fix - yet another reason NOT to use those bios versions!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I follow this tuto until step 14, but something gone wrong when I wanna install ML from my usb stick

Do anyone know what to do ?

Thanks a lot

(I'm downgrading my bios to 3207 to 2103 on my P8P67 Pro RevB3)

post-462994-0-60507100-1355424803_thumb.jpg

This is my extra folder on the usb stick : com.apple.boot.plist, dsdt.aml, pre boot, smbios.plist

this is what I have in my boot.plist :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

and what I have on my smbios.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>10/17/11</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>IM121.88Z.0047.B1D.1110171110</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>iMac</string>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>iMac12,2</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>C02HW6O2DHJP</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Any idea ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for making my system happens, Andy. Also, many thanks to contributors for creating hackintosh kexts and bootloader.

I'm currently running ML 10.8.2 with Andy's BIOS and audio from MB (No DSDT). Everything seems to be working in order, I have not had time to test DVD player because most people say it would crash.

Also, I am looking forward to upgrade my graphic card where it supports dual 1080p screen; where I do not see lag in Diablo 3.

Edited by ximu