Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello fellow InsanelyMac users,

I'm a long time hack user returning to this forum. I have no programming skills whatsoever, so things tend to take time to understand and figure out. Please be gentle with me.. :-)

I'm using my hack as a main desktop PC for mostly editing in Lightroom when I'm not loosing another session in Civilization...

Currently using an "older" Z68 / i5-2500K setup with nVidia GTX960 GPU. Next upgrade will hopefully be a AMD Ryzen setup, depending if there will be successful patches.

Thanks for now, looking forward to join this community.

Hello !

I am a new hackintosher. I hacked since 10.7.2 but stopped. Now things seem to be simpler, then I rehacked again :)

I mainly hack to use Logic Pro X (and FCPX) on a powerful desktop machine.

Currently using a Z270 / i7-7700k setup with EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked GPU on macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and most of the things work great !

Looking forward to joining you !

Hello everyone, I've been a Hackintosh user since 2013 (built it in 2012, couldn't get it working right for over a year) and I've been consulting this forum and that other Hackintosh forum for years to find solutions to this or that issue.

I've got a...

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

Intel Core i5-2500K

No graphics card; using on-board graphics

Was running Yosemite till recently, having issues installing Sierra

• Like 1

I'm Brandon, I like to help out on different websites where I can.. Mostly just StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/users/1462718/brandon

I'm fairly new here (joined years ago but didn't use my account or the site much) and still learning but will help wherever I can.

This is my second Hackintosh:

MSI Z170 Gaming M7

I7-6700K

Asus ROG Strix OC Edition GTX 1080

GSkill RipJaws 3200Mhz 64GB

Acer Predator XB271HK 27-inch (3840 x 2160)

Samsung 850 Pro 512mb

Seagate Firecuda Gaming HDD 7200RPM

• Like 1

Hello all. Just completed my first Hackintosh. Longtime browser, first time participant. Thanks in advance for your contributions to the community. Here are some basic specs of the recent build:

GIGABYTE H170 M-D3H

Intel i5 6400 Skylake 2.7GHz

GIGABYTE Nvidia 960 GTX

• Like 1

Hey my name is TEO , im 30 and im from VIETNAM ! my PC P5KSE Asus, Intel Core2Duo 2.66, Ati EAH2600, 2 x 250 GB Samsung HDD, Samsung 300 GB HDD, DVD RW SATA, 6 GB DDR 2 RAM, Zalman Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler CNPS9700LED 

Welcome to the forum all!

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Alex from Germany. My 2012 MacBook is dying and I don't like the new Apple hardware, so I thought to give the hackintosh

approach a try. Anyway I find I interesting from a technical point of view, too :-) I'm doing ASIC design for a living, so maybe if I get the hang of it, I also would like to get into Kext development. So far I've got some experience with Linux kernel development.

Cheers

• Like 1