Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi there guys!

I'm Daniel. I'm a brazilian IT guy (and musician...but not in this order), but I'm relatively new with this "hackintosh" thing.

As a musician and music producer student, I need to be familiar with the market standards and for now, using a "non Mac" hardware it's the only way to go through. Apple products here are absolutely expensive.

BTW! Hope I can count on you experienced guys to help me with it and soon I will be experienced as well to help too.

Thanks a lot, guys!

• Like 1

Hey there, I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running Yosemite (I tried all instances of OS X since, and Yosemite was the last OS X I liked using, I'm hoping since it's pretty old it'll have more support to run it on my current setup) and I love it to death. The only problem with it is the GPU issue. I've had to replace it two times already and since the extended warranty is gone and I'm in the middle of university, I have no cash to buy a new Macbook Pro. (Jesus, it's 2.5k for the 'decent' model?!) 

Beginning of this year my home server was dying so I opted to go full out (on my budget) and get a Dell R710 server with dual x5650 CPU's and 64GB of ram. I run ESXi 6.0 on it to house all my VM's for experimenting. I also bought a ThinkPad x220 as a small little laptop to carry around rather than my Macbook. It's working out beautifully with Linux and Windows, but I still miss OS X. It's the little things that I love about using OS X as a daily driver.

That being said, I bought my x220 knowing it could be turned into a hackintosh, so that's one of my plans, I want to dual (triple?) boot into OS X on my x220. 

After a bit of searching, apparently there's a way to run OS X on my server running ESXi 6.0 so I want to run an instance of OS X on my server. I already have a VPN running to punch through my school's firewalls. I want to be able to remote into the OSX VM from anywhere with an internet connection. I won't need much resources on a laptop anymore!

Hello, I am 52 years old, my relationship with computers began in 1983 with punch cards and Fortran. Love audio applications. Happy to be a member of this Forum and learn as much as possible about this intriguing process.

Greetings,

I have been messing around with computers since the days of C/PM and I still don't understand them. I have become fascinated with the idea of installing OSX on Windows machines. I have managed to install Mavericks and then Yosemite on an old Intel machine although I have not the slightest idea how! I'm looking forward to asking list of irritating stupid questions in the hope of learning something.

Hi everyone

I am a Windows User (was and will be) and also a Microsoft Fan (I am not a MS Fanboy i just like there Products over the competition).

But i always wondered :rolleyes:  how it is to use OSX, and i din't wont do give Apple my Money (They are kinda overhyped over here in Swizerland)

But anyways I am open for now things and i try installing it on my PC as soon as i can.

So have a nice day everyone :thumbsup_anim: