Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

And now, it's still unavailable?

Hello @Rico! Welcome, I hope that you can found all the answers for your doubts here  ;)

Thanks for having me here Allan, i'm shure i'll find the right solutions. First and most important one is the static noise, i'm on it one step at the time. :D

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Arnold, come from an African country. Better not to specify, people usually think it's a country in Asia.

So... tried a lot of stuffs in order to test the experience of programming under macOS, but didn't passed the bootable usb cap yet. Have no mac at disposal, so trying to do everthing from windows. It will surely end up with a guide on "How to install El Capitan on Broadwell Laptops". Got the title already ;) 

Hello Everybody out there!

After many years reading with great interest thus site and forum I've just decided to register (or re-register again I'm not sure...).

I using OS X (sorry macOS now as was also a long long time ago before nowadays) as alternative OS since mainly hooked to Windows for professional and technical reasons.

Currently I am working on virtualization of older OS including OS X pre Mountain lion (since already done with recent ones as really easy to do properly).

Today Tiger is presenting some issues especially because of very old nfo and download still available.

Wishing you all nice projects.

Hello Insanelymac members, Thanks for letting me join the forum.

I am a Dutch musician, Dj who has been working with Logic Audio PC version for many years. In the past i have worked as sound engeneer-producer in a Studio. But i got Epilepsy out of the blue at ones, so some things changed in my life 8 years ago. By now i'm more used to it so start to be more active again and am here to try to get my Mac OS running with working audio.

I am starting this hacintosh adventure while using VirtualBox, because that way i can clone my operating system and can simply create a new clone if i mess up my install. So imo this is the perfect way to get used to adding kext to my Mac OS. I have already written 1 tutor to help fellow starting VirtualBox users to get on the right track. And i will write another ones i learn new things that are important to know if you use VirtualBox. My motivation is to learn and to share what i learned to help others to avoid the mistakes that i made my self. Threat others how you like to be treated is my point of view on this.

So i hope to learn from you people here and in return i will try to help others. I think i am a pretty good tutor writer because i like to know the why behind most things. So in my tutors i wont only teach you what steps you should take to get it done. But i try to explain why you take the step that need to be taken. That way you don't only get it done, which is are goal obviously. But then you also know the reason why you do it. And then things start to make a lot more sense.

Hope to give some valuable info to the readers and obviously learn a lot as well as that is why i joined this group. But first i need to stay in the new users section if i understand well. So the tutor will come ones i am allowed to post in the tutors section.

My first tutor will be about the first hack you need to do when you start to use VirtualBox: VirtualBox - Codes to get your OS to run full screen. And as explained i am a musician so can help other who want to make music as well to help them to get Midi working on virtual machines. For a long time Midi was really hard to get working. But nowadays it works perfectly if you know how to do it and you hardly get any latency [that is a wait, you push the keyboard and then 1 second after you hear the sound] With latency it is hard to play melodies so that is a musician it's big enemy. But as said these days you no longer have this problem. So i can help guide others to get that done as well

Greets Passie

PS. This is the hardware that i will use on this VB adventure. Not using my PCI Soundcard but the simple laptop soundcard to start with.
Hardware info: Hp Elitebook 8460p I5 2.5ghz , 16 gbram, 2gb Intel HD3000, 1366x768 Resolution
Soundcard - Sigmatel STAC9221 (8384:7660) Rev.(001)

• Like 1

Hi, folks. I'm basically a very uninteresting, old, obsessive-compulsive retired engineer with a "like" for building Mini-ITX shoeboxes running Mac OS. I've just learned that you (the moderators) don't like my previous source of installation software, namely tonymacx86, although the pinned comments above are at least 4 years old and I've never been here before. So do you still feel the same? I've built Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, and now Sierra shoeboxes with that site's help, and now I'm just trying to find a source of knowledge about Clover and its relation to my UEFI firmware. So hello again, and FWIW here are my present computers:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 (3.4 GHz, locked)

CPU Cooler: Noctua Ni-L9h

RAM: Kingston 16 GB DDR4

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB (2 ea)

Graphics: MSI nVidia GTX 750 Ti (low profile)

Case: Thermaltake SD101

Running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

Gigabyte Dual UEFI/BIOS version F4

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (3.9 GHz unlocked)

CPU Cooler: Noctua Ni-L9h

RAM: Kingston 16 GB DDR3

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB (2 ea)

Graphics: EVGA nVidia GT 740 (low profile)

Case: Apex MI-008

Running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Gigabyte Dual UEFI/BIOS version F8

CHEERS!    ----Bill

P.S. Oh yeah, I also have a Mac Mini (Late 2013, running Sierra) ... nice machine.

It has been a very long time. I am actually surprised my login still works. But it does, so yay! 

The last time I was active here, Snow Leopard was the latest and greatest and 512MB of ram was a lot. Then I actually broke down and bought a Mac Book Pro (mid 2010) and I am still using it. In fact I am typing on it now. However, things change and technology advances. Apple may not think so, but it does. I watched with fevered interest, the latest Apple event, as they unveiled the new "Mac Book Pro's". I was initially excited, then they spent forever talking about a new function bar and not enough about actual specs. Needing to upgrade soon (my current MBP is great, but it is really showing it's age), I decided to wait until the results were in. I was sadly disappointed. No upgradability, the need for a series of dongles, and of course, they are charging a premium price for a year old processor. There is nothing "pro" about the current line up of Mac Books. The Mac Pro hasn't been updated in forever either. It's sad really. 

All that being said, I am now considering going back to a hackintosh. I just can't justify spending nearly $3k on what Apple calls a "new" laptop. However, if I do, it won't be a laptop, but a desktop. So for now, I am just researching the inevitable trials and tribulations that come with hackintosh's. I will be asking a load of questions along the way, so please bear with me. It's been a while since I have dug into kext files. 

Hey Now! 

I'm Chris, go by Hayduke online. I have a legit MacPro desktop running Sierra 10.12.1 and a hp Pavilion g7 with and iCore 3, 1.5TB HD and 4GB RAM. I've had Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan running on it, but I can't seem to get Sierra going. I have feeling it's got to do with Clover. I will post to the appropriate board. Love this site.