3200 replies to this topic

pantheman

pantheman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
My name user name pantheman and I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest. Although I started out using the original Mac plus,( yes way back to the 80's) but switched to windows when Steve Jobs got pushed out of Apple. So I'm trying to get back up to speed in the mac world. So with the help of this communty I was able to build a Snow leopard 10.6.8 and a lion 10.7.3. Looking forward to figuring out how to upgrade to Mountain lion.

fumaga

fumaga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings from Italy!! I'm really happy to join this community and I'd like to thank Alessandro17 for helping me in the validation process, I've already tried to build my hackintosh but I'm not completely happy with it.....now I'm here in the road to perfection !!! :D

jjacq

jjacq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello I'm Jacqueline, from Florida. Planning to install OSX Lion on my netbook so that I can use it with school. Nice to meet you guys!

Jerry AG

Jerry AG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Greetings from the High Plains of South Dakota. I am a disabled police officer/Vietnam Vet, and have been playing with computer since the old 386SX was king.

I have owned over a dozen mac's and once had quite a collection, however I am down to one laptop and one duel processor G4.

I have installed OS X on my laptop as well as an old PC that I built from the ground up.

I have a degree as a paralegal, and while in college back in the early 90's I took every computer course I could including Unix and basic, as well as the office courses and so forth.

I have been building PC's and repairing both desktops and laptops. I have changed processor's on laptops, and completely rebuilt many desktops, including new video cards, audio card upgrades, processor upgrades and of course RAM upgrades.

Because of an accident that put me on the disabled list, and having been on high dose narcotics for the past nearly 20 years,my brain is a bit slower then it was when I graduated with a 4.0 GPA back in 95.

I say all this, not only as an introduction but a comment on the quiz part 2 which it seems I have FAILED twice in a row?????

Don't get me wrong, I could have perhaps forgotten some of what I learned about basic computer function, and as I say the narcotics do dampen the old gray matter, and the fact that I am a bit over 60 may be part of it but I came here for HELP!

Having to pass a stupid quiz to be able to ask for this help seems both a waste of my time and energy, and defeats the purpose of this forum that should be here to help folks get their osx working on their computers!

I am trying to get this machine working so I can take it along with me while I will be an inpatient at the VA center being treated for PTSD, the result of the hell I had to put up with while serving this nation in Vietnam back in 70/71 but I guess instead of keeping the N speed network card that I installed in my duel boot vista/OSX machine I will simply have to go back to the G speed and loose the greatly improved network speed that I have in Vista so my OSX can again work on my inspiron 6400.

dprinse

dprinse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all!

I'm new on this forum. My name is Dennis and I want to install Mac OS X on my PC

l8dozer

l8dozer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi my name is jeffrey and im new to this hackintoshing and i just got my os x running on my laptop but i dont have internet or sound on it yet

Bob_

Bob_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Technology and music.
Hello world!

I'm 18 (for now) and computering is my favourite hobbie since i was a child : )

rootMBX

rootMBX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Greetings from the High Plains of South Dakota. I am a disabled police officer/Vietnam Vet, and have been playing with computer since the old 386SX was king.

I have owned over a dozen mac's and once had quite a collection, however I am down to one laptop and one duel processor G4.

I have installed OS X on my laptop as well as an old PC that I built from the ground up.

I have a degree as a paralegal, and while in college back in the early 90's I took every computer course I could including Unix and basic, as well as the office courses and so forth.

I have been building PC's and repairing both desktops and laptops. I have changed processor's on laptops, and completely rebuilt many desktops, including new video cards, audio card upgrades, processor upgrades and of course RAM upgrades.

Because of an accident that put me on the disabled list, and having been on high dose narcotics for the past nearly 20 years,my brain is a bit slower then it was when I graduated with a 4.0 GPA back in 95.

I say all this, not only as an introduction but a comment on the quiz part 2 which it seems I have FAILED twice in a row?????

Don't get me wrong, I could have perhaps forgotten some of what I learned about basic computer function, and as I say the narcotics do dampen the old gray matter, and the fact that I am a bit over 60 may be part of it but I came here for HELP!

Having to pass a stupid quiz to be able to ask for this help seems both a waste of my time and energy, and defeats the purpose of this forum that should be here to help folks get their osx working on their computers!

I am trying to get this machine working so I can take it along with me while I will be an inpatient at the VA center being treated for PTSD, the result of the hell I had to put up with while serving this nation in Vietnam back in 70/71 but I guess instead of keeping the N speed network card that I installed in my duel boot vista/OSX machine I will simply have to go back to the G speed and loose the greatly improved network speed that I have in Vista so my OSX can again work on my inspiron 6400.

The quiz serves a few purposes, one of which is to keep the forum from getting spammed by bots, and the site is a community, not a help desk. That said, what is the vendor ID and device ID for the wifi card your having trouble with?

3KingDom

3KingDom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello All,

This is a great OSX86 community. NIce to meet you all

3KingDom

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,788 posts
www.el.com !!

^_^

HazMatt

HazMatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:FileMaker, Halo.
Hey, I came here after doing some more research on my upcoming "Mattintosh". (Can I post a link to my personal website? I read the rules and it looks like I'm in the clear. The moderator(s) over at TonyMac wouldn't let me because they considered it "trolling"…)

Anyway, I'm researching alternatives to the TonyMac method and this site looks like a good place for it. I got 12 / 13 on Quiz Part 1. Haven't tried Quiz Part 2 but I'm sure I'd fail it right now.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
Sure, I don't see anything wrong with linking your "Mattintosh" site in your signature.
If you passed Quiz Part 1 with 12 /13 you should also pass Quiz Part 2 rather easily.

uoducktape93

uoducktape93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:software engineering, politics, music, various physical sciences, literature
Hi everyone, I go to college in Oregon for compsci and I've been a longtime lurker here since the early days. Might as well start posting.

I took both of the quizzes and passed, but didn't get everything right. I think I missed the floppy disk questions; I've never personally seen a floppy disk :worried_anim:

HazMatt

HazMatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:FileMaker, Halo.

I've never personally seen a floppy disk :worried_anim:

Now that made me smile. :D

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
Actually the floppy disk question is a bit tricky even for those who have seen one :)

fred29020

fred29020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, gaming WWe
Hello,
My name is Fred. I was intrigued by this project. Im trying to install Lepoard on my PC but Im having problems. Hopefully I can get it working. I recenently converted over to Mac> I Own a 2006 Macbook model and Im lovin it.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
Are you a Cardassian? (Gul Dukat) :) (DS9 is my favourite Star Trek Series)

Welcome.

advenire

advenire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks this forum, I successfully installed OS X ML on my E40.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Are you a Cardassian? (Gul Dukat) :) (DS9 is my favourite Star Trek Series)

Welcome.

I would prefer a Kardashian, but if need be, would settle for a Bajoran :)

thanks this forum, I successfully installed OS X ML on my E40.

On your E40? Sounds off the heezy fo sheezy! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy