Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm Tom, long time Mac user (Mac SE and up), and now ready to take the plunge and replace my fully loaded early 2008 Mac Pro with a home grown system. I use my Mac currently for 2 purposes: photography (Lightroom and a little bit of Photoshop), and real work, running VMs on ESX under Fusion. So the first one requires a lot of IO and good single threaded performance, since all Adobe products suck at multitasking. Photography is not very GPU intensive, so my desire for high end graphics processing, like being offered with the current Mac Pro, is not very high. The second usage, running VMs, requires just a lot of memory and (virtual) CPUs. So my goal is to combine all that and build a system to accomodate that. And I hope to learn what to choose and do in this forum.

Hey Gang: My name is Mike. New to the Forum.

Starting my first Hacintosh build. Planning stage.

Today I am looking at sources for how to create bootloader without access to a Mac.

My project is for my daughter so I don't want to spill the beans on a Xmas gift by borrowing her MacBook.
Any thoughts where to begin?

Thanks

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Hello Everybody.

I am from China,I am starting learning hackintosh for a year now.Now I Installed a OS X Yosemite on my surface pro.

I am very glad to post in this forum.I wish i can enjoy in insanelymac.And please forgive for my very bad English.

Thank You!

Hello

Welcome guys.

VC0228: Don't worries about bad english, many of our users don't have english as mother language, because of this, we udenstand you :)

elite2048: I hope you help us, maybe can you turn yourself a genius in hack ;)

Hello to all users :) , I'm Andrea from Italy. A while ago I got a free 775 mainboard (only ever used AMD before as I'm cheap) and thought "why not install OSX on it? Nowadays it seems quite easy..."

Let's just say that if it were that easy I wouldn't be posting here. Also, thanks to the wonders of DSDT editing, I've discovered several new curse words, unfortunately :wacko:

• Like 1