Trying to install Mountain Lion--my machine reboots at "Loading Darwin x86_64" every time:
I've had an excellently working install of Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on my T510-4313CTO for the past year. Time to upgrade to Mountain Lion.
Installed ML to it's own partition on my data HD by making a USB stick from the latest Install Mountain Lion.app (have a two drive setup on my T510, SSD with Snow Leopard in main slot, regular HD for data in optical bay). Install process went without errors. Booted back into 10.6.8 to install kexts, clear kext cache, copy over DSDT and plists to /Extra, install bootloader.
Tried to boot from Mountain Lion partition--gets through all the kexts to "Starting Darwin x86_64" and then reboots. : (
Here's what I've tried (over the course of several days)
- Trying different DSDTs (mine from current install and joshhh's)
- Installing only minimal kexts (FakeSMC and keyboard support)
- Trying every combination of boot flags I could come up with (PCIRootUID=0/1, npci=0x2000/3000, -f -x -v -F, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, mach_kernel)
- Removing the main SSD from so there was only the drive with the Mountain Lion partition in the machine
- Remaking my USB stick installer with different downloads of Install Mountain Lion.app and installing ML again; remaking the boot stick with tonymac's stuff as well as with customized bash script found on forums.